Falling for the Bad Boy

Chapter 35 - What The Future Brings.

Chapter 35 - What The Future Brings.

Stacey POV.

*9 months later*

I hear a scream in the kitchen and the cup of coffee falls from my hand.

'Angie!'

I quickly get up from the couch and dash towards the kitchen.

"Angie, I'm coming!" I scream to let her know that she isn't alone.

When I enter the kitchen, I find Angie leaning against the counter with one hand on her stomach and the other one on the counter. Her face was covered with her hair but I could see her breathing heavily. I walk towards Angie and put my hand on her shoulder.

"What's wrong?"

She lifts her head up and looks at me with tear filled eyes.

"It hurts, Stacey. It hurts really really bad."

I look at her stomach; she's nine months pregnant now. The doctor said that she can give birth any day. Her stomach is huge. According to the doctor they're twins but Angie didn't ask the sex of the baby; she wants it to be a surprise.

'Give birth.' My eyes widen.

A hand grips my arm. "Hospital." She says.

'Oh right!'

"OK, OK. You stand here, I'm going to grab the keys and get you to the nearest hospital."

I run out of the kitchen towards the living room. I grab the car keys from the table and make my way towards the garage. I close the door behind me when I enter the room and press the 'unlock' button on the car keys and open the door to the car when it beeps. Taking a seat inside, I exit the garage and drive till I'm in front of the main entrance of the house.

I get out of the car and run up the front steps of the house. I open the door and run to the kitchen. Angie was still leaning against the counter when I spot her. When I reach her, I put a my hands on her arm.

"Can you walk?" I ask her.

"Yes. But we should hurry Stacey; I feel something coming down." She tells me.

I curse and continue to yalk as I support her. We slowly walk down the front steps and I open the door to the car. I help her sit inside and then quickly open the door to driver's seat. I put my seat belt on and pull out of the driveway. I pick up my phone from the passenger seat and activate siri.

'I know that using your phone while driving is illegal but it needs to be done!'

"Call Steven." I tell it.

Then I hear the phone ringing but no answer.

"The person you're trying to reach is not available. Leave a message after the beep."

*Beeeep!*

"Steven get your ass up from where ever you are. I'm taking Angie to the City Hospital. I think she might be going into labor."

"End call." I say. "Call Hayden."

No answer from Hayden either. I repeat the words that I left for Steven. I close my eyes. 'Who should I call?

"Call Oscar." I finally say.

He picks up on the second ring. "What's up?"

"I'm taking Angie to the City Hospital; I think she's going into labor. Meet us there." I tell him.

Behind me I hear Angie cry out.

"What's wrong?"

"Its really painful, Oscar." I hear her pain filled voice.

I hear Oscar curse.

"We're almost there, Angie." I assure her.

"I'll be right there." Then Oscar hangs up.

Romaine POV.

I dash out of my car and run into the hospital. The doctor's words from earlier still echoing inside my head.

'He's making movement; he's waking up.'

Remembering the doctors words, I run faster. I run towards the elevators and step inside as soon as the door opens. Not waiting for other people to enter, I hit the button for the third floor.

I pause when I'm standing at the door of the room. I flinch when I see Jase's body jerk up on the bed due to the electrical shocks he was receiving from the defibrillator.

I enter the room. "What's going on?" I ask the doctor.

He turns to me. "The nurse noticed his fingers moving this morning. His body is ready to wake up but for some reason he isn't. Perhaps it's his mental state of mind." He says as he studies Jase.

Then he turns back around and grabs both pads of the life pack.

"Ready?"

"Ready." He nods.

"One, two, three....clear!"

His body jerks again.

"Again. One, two, three...clear!"

The line on the heart monitor goes flat and my heart stops with it.

'No. There's no fucking way I'm letting you die on me, Jase!'

I force my shocked body to move and take long strides towards Jase's bed.

"Wake up, Jase!" I scream when I'm beside him. "Wake the hell up, soldier!"

I fist my hands and slam them on his chest one after the other. "You can't leave us, you bastard."

Slam.

"We need you. Everyone is waiting for you to wake up"

Slam.

"Mom and dad are waiting for you."

Slam.

"Stacey is waiting for you."

Slam

"Angie is waiting for you."

Slam.

Hands grab me and pull me away from Jase. I fight against the hold.

"No! Let me go!"

The doctor glares at me. "He won't wake up like this. Your-"

His eyed widen when we hear his heart beat being recorded by the heart monitor. My head snaps to look at Jase. His fingers were moving.

"Keep talking." I hear the doctor say.

I jerk my arm out of their hold and slowly walk to Jase until I'm beside him.

"That's right, Jase; Angie is waiting for you." I say slowly.

I watch as his fingers move and my heart speeds up.

"Did you know that she's pregnant with your children? The doctor said they're twins." I smile down at him.

I look at the doctor and he nods his head in encouragement.

So, I continue. "She's nine months pregnant, Jase. She'll give birth any day now."

Jase's eyes snap open and I stumble back with surprise.

Stacey POV.

Angie's screams were echoing through the room. She was scared, that much I could tell; it was visible in her eyes.

"You're doing great. Keep pushing." The doctor encourages.

Her grip on my hand tightens and she lets out another scream as she pushes with all her strength. She turns to me with teary eyes.

"I can't take this anymore, Stacey."

My grip on her hand tightens. "You're doing great. Almost there, Angie."

I turn my head and glare at Oscar, who was standing beside the doctor with a green face.

Another scream tears through the room followed by the sound of crying.

"It's a boy." Declares the doctor.

A smile makes itself onto my lips and I look at Angie.

"Did you hear that? It's a boy, Angie."

On the bed, she nods head and lets out a small laugh. The doctor hands the baby to Oscar, who looked terrified. He takes the baby from the doctor with his visibly shaking hands.

"H-he's too small. What if I d-drop him?"

I glare at Oscar which causes him to shrink back.

"One more time, Angie, keep pushing."

Her grip on my hands tightens further and Angie starts to push again.

The nurse takes the baby from Oscar and securely wraps a towel around him.

"Keep pushing. You're doing great."

Angie lets out another scream and pushes. I don't think I ever want to have babies; there's too much pain and I think Oscar agrees with me. He looked in pain as if he was the one giving birth. Though the fact that Angie refused to take the numbing medication is another story; she wanted to do it naturally.

"Its another boy."

The announcement from the doctor broke me out of my thoughts. Angie's body relaxed on the bed and she closed her eyes.

She opens her eyes and looks at me. "I want to see my babies."

The nurse comes forward with the twins wrapped around their blankets and hands them to Angie. She takes them with shaking hands and smiles as the tears of happiness leaked out of her eyes.

"They're beautiful; my boys are beautiful." She whispers.

I nod my head as I loom over Angie and gaze down at my nephews. "They're beautiful." I look over to Oscar. "Come take a look, Oscar." I say to him.

He shakes his head. "I just saw her insides." His face green and his eyes were wide. "I don't think I'm going to have sex for a very long time."

I roll my eyes and look back at Angie; she didn't seem to hear Oscar or maybe she was just simply ignoring him.

"Did you think of any names?" I ask softly.

She nods her head. "This one is Ryland," she gestures to older twin. "And this one is Aiden." She gestures to the younger twin.

Romaine POV.

I pace outside Jase's room waiting for the doctor to finish the check up so that I can see my brother. I pause when I hear the door behind me opening. I turn around to look at the person who exited the room.

The doctor walks over to me. "He's awake and healthy. But there is one problem..."

I walk back inside Jase's room while the doctor speaks and find Jase sitting up on the bed. I take a small step towards my brother. "Jase?"

No response. He was just sitting on the bed and staring at me as I approached him. I put my hand on his shoulder and looked down into his confused blue eyes.

"Jase?" I ask again.

"Who are you?" My eyes widen and I flinch away from him.

"...he seems to have a case of Amnesia." The doctor finishes his sentence.

'Fuck!'

----------------------------------------------------