Falling for the Bad Boy

Chapter 36 - What I Am Today.

Chapter 36 - What I Am Today.

Redville is a small village, consisting of no more than one hundred people near the big mountains of Banff. People who grew up in Redville tended to stay in Redville. Life in this village is simple: people wake up, go to work and come home in the evening to their families. Nothing ever changed.

It was very unusual when one day seven Lamborghinis drove through the entrance of the village. Curiosity got the best of the villagers and they stepped out of their homes to investigate the commotion. They waited for long minutes before the doors of the cars swung open and out stepped a young girl with no more than eighteen years of age. She had two babies cradled in both her arms as she slowly swayed the them. It was obvious that she was the mother of the babies.

Then a group of five men stepped out of the car and circled around the girl as they all walked forward. From the looks of it, it seemed as if they were shielding the girl from the world. The women of the village looked at one another with shock and confusion.

"One woman and five men?" They whispered each other.

"She's got two babies in her hands but she looks like a child herself!"

"What has the world gotten to?"

One of the men whirled around and glared at the villagers. Before he could have said something, the girl hushed the man. None of them said anything as they ignored the men and woman surrounding them and they walked towards abandoned white house. The house had been locked up for decades. The owners of the house left Redville nearly seven years ago and never came back. The crowd settled down as the men and the girl disappeared into the house. Everyone went back to doing whatever it was that they were doing earlier.

Weeks passed and people barely got to see the girl. Just like that, one day, she stepped out of her house with a stroller that carried her babies. The villagers were shocked to see the girl but they welcomed her with warm smiles, regardless. The women had gotten over the fact that she was a young girl with children. The fact that she was a mother mattered.

"She looks alone. Maybe we should help her out."

"I don't see someone with her. She is only a child, she needs help raising her kids."

The women approached the young girl that day. People around them watched hesitantly but relaxed when the ladies laughed together. Soon, everyone approached the young girl and offered their help in some ways.

The girl now has a small job. She helps sell flowers at the local market while her kids play around the shop.

Angie POV

*Four years later*

I search the house like mad woman: under the beds, in the cabinets. 'Where are the two munchkins?!' I walk. They both decided to play hide and go seek when the clock indicated bath time. At the age of twenty two I felt as if I were actually forty four. But I'm their mother; the munchkins avoid bath time like a plague.

A sound catches my attention. I look at the open door. Then I listen more closely and hear whispering. I roll my eyes. 'Why didn't I check behind the door earlier?'. I smirk when an idea pops into my head.

I sigh loudly. "Well I was hoping to share this yummy chocolate cake with my two beloved sons, but since they're not here, I'll just eat it myself." I open the door to the fridge and take out the cake that I've been hiding for three days.

I smile when the whispering behind the door gets louder. I sigh again. "I guess I better get to it before Ryland and Aiden find me."

I pretend not to notice when Ryland's head peeks from behind the door. His eyes widen when he sees the cake in front of me and a spoon in my hand. The noised behind the door gets louder. Right when I'm about to put the cake into my mouth, the little munchkins run from behind the door towards me.

"No, mommy!" They both scream at the same time.

I set the spoon on the counter and stare at them. It was creepy as to how much they resembled Jase. 'Well they are his children.' It was nearly impossible to tell them apart when Ryland and Aiden were younger. They were the same size, had the same eyes and the same hair. To a stranger, it would still be difficult to tell them apart but I know better. Ryland has caramel brown curly hair with blue eyes and he is taller than Aiden, who also has caramel brown curly hair and blue eyes. My eyes move to Ryland. With Ryland being older than Aiden by two minutes, he's very protective and bossy. He always tackles and teases Aiden at home but would tackle anyone else who tease Aiden outside of the house. Bottom point: Ryland is the trouble maker.

I look at Aiden. He is extremely shy with new people but once he is comfortable enough, he'll be just fine. Aiden is a very sweet boy and is constantly thinking of the well being of others. Unlike Ryland, Aiden doesn't mean to cause trouble; it just happens. Even though Ryland teases him all the time, Aiden always tells him that he the best brother ever.

"Can we have some too, mommy?" Aiden's voice breaks me out of my thoughts.

I smile. "Of course you can have some..." they both grin. "...after you both take your bath." Their grins fall.

Aiden groans and wraps his arms around my legs. "But I don't like it, mommy." He looks at me and pouts.

I give into his pout and pick him up. He wraps his legs around my waist and leans his head on my shoulders.

"I know, baby. But it is good to take a bath every day." I set him on the counter and kiss his cheek. "Now you don't want to hug your girlfriend with germs on you, right?"

Yes, my four year old son has a girlfriend.

He shakes his head. "OK, mommy. I'll take a bath."

I smile and kiss him on the cheek again. "Good boy. Now let's get your brother too and...." I set Aiden on the ground and tail off when I don't spot Ryland anywhere.
Behind me, Aiden giggles and runs out of the room. I look to the counter and my eyes widen when I find the counter top empty. The cake and the spoon disappeared.

'Oh, those little munchkins!.'

I chase after them and run out the front door. For four year olds they sure run fast. I stop in the front yard and narrow my eyes at their retreating forms. I snap my head to the right when I hear a laugh.

"Having fun, honey?"

I playfully glare at Naline and then smile. "You have no idea."

Naline walks to me and engulfs me in a warm hug. I know; shocking. But ever since I gave birth to the twins, Naline's behavior towards me changed completely. She went from hating me to loving me. Even Stacey was shocked at the behavior of her mother.

"Now go get my grandsons and tell them grandma has presents for them." She gestures to the bag in her hand.

I roll my eyes and nod. When Naline turns around, I leave the front yard and search for my runaway children. 'They're probably at the park.' Whenever they're angry, sad or happy, they always go to the park. To them it's their secret place even though the whole village knows where to find them. Smiling, I take the route that leads to the park.

My smile drops when I see an overweight woman sprawled on the floor. My eyes narrow. 'Oh, they're in soo much trouble!' My walk turns into a jog and I make my way towards the older woman.

I drop onto my knees beside her. "I'm soo sorry, Mrs. Anderchuck!" I apologize.

How did I know my kids did this?

"I just bought this dress and they both just came out of no where and smashed the cake onto my dress!" She wailed. "And chocolate cake at that."

She holds her head in her hands and I look at her guiltily. "I'll take responsibility, Mrs. Anderchuck. I'll get the dress washed and dry cleaned." I tell her.

She glares at me and stands up. "Don't bother. No one can stay mad at your kids for long."

I let out a breath of relieve. "I'll definitely punish them for this."

"Yes, yes. Now go before the little hellions cause more trouble."

I nod my head and run along. I speed up when I think of the things they could have already done. I groan in annoyance when I see Mr. Ghani's milk all over the ground with him looking down on it with shock. Mr. Ghani was the only man that sold milk in the Redville village. He usually goes and milks the cows every evening. I look at the milk on the floor. This means that he won't have milk to sell tomorrow morning. Which also means no milk for the entire village. I groan again. 'Why must my kids be like this?'

I nervously approach Mr. Ghani. "Mr. Ghani..." I tail off when he throws me a glare. I take in a deep breath. "I'm soo sorry! I'll definitely punish them, I'll ground them for two weeks with no TV. I'll pay for everything."

He watches me for a minute and then sighs. "No need to give me money. Just raise your kids." He looks at the milk. "I'll just go back and milk the cows again."

"I truly am very sorry, Mr. Ghani."

"Don't worry about it. Now go before they cause more trouble."

I nod my head and walk away. I make my way towards the park and smile when it comes into view. 'Everything looks normal...' I walk faster. I enter the park and my eyes scan for my children. I start walking towards the group of children when I find Ryland and Aiden among them. They didn't notice me approaching because their backs were to me and they were too busy talking.

I clear my throat and watch as their backs stiffen. They turn around and look at me with wide eyes. I cross my arms over my chest and tap my right foot on the floor.

"You smashed cake all over Mrs. Anderchuck's new dress and spilled Mr. Ghani's milk." I state. They slowly get into their feet and look around for an escape route. "Don't even think about it. Grandma is home and she has presents..." Their eyes brighten. "Which you won't be getting until you take a bath."

"But mommy!" They both whine at the same time.

I give them a pointed look. "Home. Now."

They both nod their head and walk over to me. "What do you say to your friends?" I ask them.

They both turn around to face their group of friends. "Thank you for playing with us. We'll see you tomorrow. Bye." They say.

I nod my head. "Aren't you going to say bye to your girlfriends?" I ask both of them.

They both turn around. I watch as Aiden walks over to Wendy, his girlfriend, and says something to her. They both smile before they wave to each other. Aiden looks at the the ground as he makes his way towards me. He wraps his hands around my legs when he reaches me. I smile and pat his head.

Then I look at Ryland and watch him with confusion as he says bye to two girls. I take Aiden's hand in mine and we walk towards Ryland.

"Who are you saying bye to, Ryland?" I ask him.

He looks at me and grins. "My girlfriends. Duh mommy!"

"Girlfriendssss?" I ask him, dragging on the 's'. "You can't have two girlfriends, baby." I tell him.

Ryland shakes his head. "Yes, you can mommy!" He tells me.

I sigh. "What if you hurt Samantha or Ashley's feelings?" I crouch down to his level.

He shakes his head. "I asked them. Uncle Oscar said that as long as you ask and they say yes, you can have two girlfriends." He explains as he shows me two with his fingers.

My mouth drops open. 'Oh Oscar, I will hurt you.' I silently vow in my mind.

Someone laughs behind me and I watch as their eyes widen and a huge grin breaks out on their faces.

"Uncle Hayden!" They scream and run. "Uncle Hayden, uncle Hayden, uncle Hayden!"

Hayden crouches down on the ground and opens his arms wide. Ryland and Aiden run into his arms and the impact makes Hayden fall backwards. Hayden laughs and the boys giggle.

"You came, uncle Hayden!"

Hayden laughs louder. "I promised you, didn't I?" The twins nod their head and Hayden gets up. "Let's go home champs." He holds out his hands for them.

They both jump and grab Hayden's hand and obediently follow. Then suddenly Hayden stops which causes the boys to stop.

"We forgot your mom." He tells them.

They boys turn to look at me. "Mommy!" They scream.

I roll my eyes and walk to them. We all start walking when I reach them. Hayden looks at me and smiles.

"I heard what they did."

I sigh. "Yes, I'm sure you did."

He laughs.

"How's Jase?" I ask him.

"Jase is...Jase." he says slowly.

'That helps?'

Jase POV.

"You're fired."

"You can't fire me! I spent years working with your parents. We built this company together!"

I roll my eyes. 'Why are people so dramatic?'

"You're fired." I repeat myself.

"Why?"

My eyes narrow. "Get out before I call security."

He glares at me and storms out of the room.

Justin Benneth. Age: 56. Started the "Delsavio Enterprise" with my parents. A "core member" he calls himself. Bastard should have thought that before he decided to sell out architecture information to other companies.

My team and I worked fucking hard to make the architectural design for the mall that is going to be built in Redville. I would be damned if I let an idiot ruin the company, even if he's a core idiot.

I get up from my chair and walk over to the glassed wall. I watch as the police officers get out of their car and arrest Benneth. The cops tackle him to the ground when he tries to run. They put his hands behind his back and handcuffed him. A smirk makes itself onto my lips when I see Benneth struggling. Then my eyes narrow when they meet his. I could see his lips moving but I couldn't hear what he was saying. I roll my eyes; probably some "I'll get revenge" bullshit.

"Quite a show you put on there."

My back stiffens but I relax when I recognize the voice. "Worked damned hard for it too." I say as I turn to face Steven.

Steven rolls his eyes and takes a seat opposite from my chair. "You're still a cruel bastard." He tells me.

I nod my head. A weird feeling filled me. I don't know what it is. Its been four years since I lost my memories and they're not showing a sign of coming back. I've lived the past years on every bit of information on "Jase". Waking up on a hospital bed with a blank mind scared the crap out of me. But I refuse to be scared anymore.

"Hmm." I look at Steven. "You taught me."

He shakes his head. "I taught you how to be a good leader ." He corrects me. "The rest you learned yourself."

I nod my head. 'Okay maybe that was true.'

"You going out tonight?" I gesture towards his casual clothing.

"Yes, I'm going over to my cousin's place." He says. "She's hosting a dinner."

"I didn't know you had a cousin." I accuse

He shrugs. "You never asked." He tilts his head at an angle. "You'll meet her soon."

I raise my eyebrow. "I will?"

He nods his head before he gets up and walks over to the door. "Basketball tomorrow?"

"You know it." I smirk.

I sigh when Steven leaves the room. Ever since I woke up four years ago, I've been surrounded by so many people but it stills feel lonely. I sit down on my chair and start working on signing the piles of paper work.

'Got to love being the CEO.' Note the sarcasm.

Angie POV.

"Freeze!" I yell.

Ryland and Aiden immediately freeze and I smirk. Taking advantage of the situation, I scoop them into my arms and laugh when they squeal. I throw them over my shoulders and and carry them to the bathroom. I set them down on their feet and turn to lock the door. Good thing I had everything prepared.

"Come on, boys. Clothes off." I order.

"Cover your eyes, mommy." Demands Ryland.

I roll my eyes but cover my face anyway. They didn't want mommy to see them naked but it was automatically okay as soon as they stepped into the water. 'Kids.'

"You can look now." Declares Aiden.

I turn around and grab the soap.

"No, mommy!" I drop the soap with scare. "I want to do it myself. I'm a big boy now." He says with a big grin.

"Me too, mommy. Me too!" Aiden pipes up.

"OK, OK." I hand Ryland the soap. I walk to the corner of the bathroom and make sure that they're cleaning themselves correctly.

Ryland gives me a look. "You have to leave, mommy." He says with a duh tone.

"Yes, leave, mommy."

I sigh. "Alright. If you need my help, then yell for me. I'm in the living room."

They nod their head and I exit the bathroom. Everyone is gathered around the sofas in the living room when I enter.

"Steven!" I squeal when I spot him.

Steven gets up from where he's sitting and opens his arms for me. I immediately run into his arms and wrap my arms around him.

"How are you?" He ruffles my hair.

I glare at him. "Don't touch the hair!" Then I start to smile. "I'm good"

Steven looks behind me. "Where are the boys?"

I take a seat on the couch. "They're taking a bath. They didn't want me in there saying that they're big boys and are capable of washing themselves."

Everyone in the room laughs and I laugh along with them. I look at everyone. Everyone was here except Stacey and....Jase. My shoulders start to slump but I stop myself.

Steven seemed to notice. "Only three more weeks, Angie." He reminds me. "Then we'll tell Jase everything."

"He's right." Naline speaks up. "Jase will be taking over the company in three weeks and then we'll tell him. But its important that he inherits first." She says.

I nod my head. "Do you think he'll accept the kids?"

Hayden gives me a look. "You know he will."

I nod my head again. "Ever since Ryland and Aiden learned the meaning of the word 'father' they're been pestering me about it. And I don't blame them. I see the way they watch other kids' fathers at the park." I look down on my lap. "For the past year I've been telling them that daddy is on a business trip but they're getting older. They'll start to question me. I just hope that Jase accepts them when he finds out." I voice my fears.

Naline gets up and takes a seat beside me. She puts her hand on my shoulder. "He loves you, honey" she assures me. "He threatened to break down my house and destroy the Delsavio Enterprise when he found out that I was trying to break you and him apart."

My eyes widen. "Really?"

She nods her head. "He came pounding on my front door at 3:00AM in the morning. He demanded that I open the door and threatened to break it down if I didn't. He went off about me using his friends and told me that you are always his and he won't hesitate to hurt someone if they tried to take you away." She told me. "'If you ever come between Angie and I again, I'll break your house and set your company on fire and don't you fucking dare think that I'll hesitate,' were his exact words. I didn't realize how much Jase cared about you until that day." She admitted.

I look around the room. Everyone else was just as shocked as I was. "I-I didn't know that." I admit. "But he lost his memories."

"He lost his memories but he didn't lose his heart. He might have forgotten you but feelings can't be forgotten, Angie." Oscar spoke up.

I sigh and open my mouth to answer but close it back when my kids started to scream.

"Mommy!"

"Mommy!"

"Mommy!"

"Mommy!"

I get up when everyone laughs. I shake my head and walk to the bathroom.

"Yes, my lovelies?" I ask when I enter the bathroom.

"We done!" They both scream together.

"Yes, you munchkins are done."

I grab Ryland's towel and wipe him down and dry his hair. After I'm done, I wrap the towel around his small body and lift him out of the tub. Then I turn around and grab Aiden's towel and do the same to him.

"Why do you call us that?" Aiden asks me and Ryland nods his head.

I crouch down and open my arms. They walk into them and wraps their small arms around me.

I smile. "I call you munchkins because I love you two. Mommy loves you more than she loves anyone else. You two will always be my munchkins." I give them both kisses on their and smile.

"We love you too, mommy." Says Ryland.

Aiden nods his head. "Yes, mommy. We love you too."

"Does daddy love us too?"

I close my eyes and take in a deep breath. "Yes." I finally open my eyes. "Daddy loves you too. More than anything else."

They both smile and jump.

"Wet floor." I remind them. I stand up and open the door. "Come on. Let's put on some clothes. Off to your room."

I step outside and move to the side, giving the boys some room to exit.

"Come on, boys; you'll get sick if you don't hurry." I walk faster.

"No, we won't!" They both scream together.

I turn around and my eyes widen when I see Ryland and Aiden running towards the living room.

"Grandma!"

"Uncle Steven!"

"Uncle Hayden!"

"Uncle Oscar!"

"Uncle Pete!"

"Uncle Tyler!"

Halfway to the living room, Ryland's towel fell from his body and he scream but it didn't stop him from running. I pick up his towel from the floor and walk to the living room.

'Little munchkins.'