Falling for the Bad Boy

Chapter 39 - The Lives We Created.

Chapter 39 - The Lives We Created.

Angie POV.

I smile and repeat myself. "Our kids are coming."

I watch as Jase's mouth opens and then closes. "Our kids." He says slowly. "As in the kids my sperm created?" He asks.

I roll my eyes. "Yes, Jase. The kids your sperm created." I say. "Twins to be exact."

"When?" He asks with his eyes wide.

Jase looks around the room and everyone nods. His eyes widen further as he takes deep breaths. Then the looks of confusion, realization, shock and sadness cross his eyes. I cup Jase's face and brush his hair out of his eyes.

"Nearly five years ago. The day of your surgery I found out that was pregnant." I tell him.

"Five years...." he repeats.

Jase looks down on the bed with his eyes still wide. His hands clench and he looks back up.

"Do they-" he takes in a deep breath. "Do they know about me?" He asks.

I run my thumb over his cheek. "Yes, they know of their daddy."

Jase stiffens at use of the word daddy. He puts his arms around my waist and pulls me to him.

"My kids..." he whispers. "Did I know about them?"

I take in a deep breath. I can't lie to him and say that he knew about the kids because he didn't. Naline said that it would be best if we told him after he inherits the family business. If I bring Naline into this, then Jase would loose his mind and blame his mother. Naline helped me everything the kids and I needed. She has been nothing but nice to me.

I shake my head. "You didn't know."

Jase glares at me. "Why the fuck not?"

I flinch back due to the anger in Jase's voice.

"I told her not to tell you." Naline answered before I could say anything.

Jase's glare turned from me to Naline. "You little bi-"

"I think we should take our conversation home. I've already asked the driver to take the kids home." Steven announces as he cuts off Jase. "And if you wanna see your kids then you shut the hell up and get your ass moving." He says to Jase. "I'll be going home to the kids now."

Jase glares but doesn't say anything.

"I brought you clothes." Stacey steps forward with a bag in her hand.

Jase takes the bag from Stacey and sighs. I help him get out of the bed and walk him to the washroom. He opens the door and steps in. I sigh when he closes the door.

Romaine smiles. "I told you he wouldn't reject the kids."

"He didn't say that he accepted them either."

Romaine rolls his eyes. "If he didn't accept them then he would have been denying the idea of kids." He points out.

"OK. Good point."

"Oscar and I are going to start the cars." Hayden speaks up.

I nod my head. "We'll meet your there."

He nods back and takes his leave.

The wash room's door, behind me, opens and I turn around to face Jase. He was dressed casualty in jeans and a plain grey shirt.

"Can I see them?" He asks.

I look at him, taken aback. Did he think that I wasn't going to let him see his kids?

"Of course you can see them."

He smiles and the look of relief washes over his face. "Will you tell me about the twins?" He asks. "Starting with the names."

I smack my forehead with my palm. I didn't even tell him their names. "Ryland and Aiden." I tell him. "Ryland is older than Aiden by two minutes."

I take his hand in mine and pull him towards the door while everyone else follows in silence. Jase stays quiet as I pull him; he's probably thinking. I look at his face, it was blank like always. We walk through the hallways to the main lobby and head towards the main entrance. We find Hayden and Oscar waiting near the main entrance. We walk down the steps towards the cars and get in. Jase sits next to me and still doesn't say anything. I look at him and watch as he stares ahead.

"They know about me." He says after a while. "Do they hate me?"

I eyebrows lift with surprise and Naline snorts. Jase seems to realize that Naline is in the car with him. He turns his head away from me to look at Naline.

"Why are you sitting next to me?" He snaps.

I touch his arm and draw his attention back to me. "Stop being rude. And, no, the kids don't hate you. They actually can't wait to meet you?"

Jase closes his eyes and takes deep breaths. "Tell me about them."

"Well...Ryland is older and he likes to boss Aiden around. He has that same glare as you. He's outgoing, straightforward and likes to pick fights with kids older than him." I sigh. "Aiden on the other hand is shy. He complains that he doesn't like Ryland ordering him around but I can see the lost look in his eyes when Ryland isn't around. Aiden has your blue eyes while Ryland has green."

"Did you know that Angie gave birth the day you woke up?" Naline wakes up.

Jase's eyes widen and for the first time he speaks with Naline properly. "Really?"

"Yes. The moment she first gave birth to Ryland, you started to wake up. And after Aiden was successfully born, your eyes snapped open."

"That's...creepy and cool at the same time." He says slowly.

I smile and scoot closer to Jase. I lean my head on his shoulder. "They'll love you. They always ask about you and they give me a headache." I smile. "And they're fascinated of that fact that you also have a twin like them."

I feel Jase's chest rumble as he laughs. The car stops and I look out the window.

"We're here." I announce.

Jase looks at me hesitantly. I take his hand and pull him out of the car. "You're acting like a kid." I scold. We walk up the steps to the main entrance. I push the door open as I pull Jase inside.

"I'm scared." He admits.

I stop walking and turn to face Jase. "They love you, Jase." I say firmly.

"You're finally here." Jase and I look at Steven. "The boys have been hyper ever since I told them that the house belongs to their daddy." He chuckles.

Jase's grip on my hand tightens.

"No, Ryland, stop! Uncle Steven. Ryland is bullying me!"

"No, I'm not!"

I sigh. "Lets go." I whisper to Jase when I find him frozen beside me.

He nods his head and we make our way up the stairs. I don't think I've ever seen Jase look so nervous as he does now. I smile at him to ease down his nerves. We stop in front of Jase's bedroom.

"I'll go calm them down first." I tell Jase.

Again, he nods his head. Not convinced, I turn so that our chests are facing one another. I wrap my arms around him and lean my head on his chest. I smile when his arms wrap around my waist and he buries his head in my neck.

"I'm scared." He says.

"The kids love their father." I smile.

I let him go and turn to face the door. I place my hand on the door knob and twist it to push the door open. My mouth falls open when I find Jase's room a total mess. In the middle, I find my two munchkins jumping on the bed wiyh a big chocolate bar in their hands.

"Stop!"

They both immediately stop jumping and freeze on the bed. They break out into a run when they spot me near the door.

"Mommy!"

"Mommy!"

They both scream at the same time and flung their small bodies at me. I crouch down and prepare myself for the impact. Sure enough both of their weight combined knocks me over and I fall backwards. Ryland and Aiden laugh on top of me. I sit up and wrap my hand around my boys and kiss the top of their heads.

"I'm sorry I took so long."

"That's OK, mommy?"

I smile and ruffle Aiden's hair.

"Is this really daddy's house, mommy?" Ryland asks me.

I smile and nod. I motion them to come close. "And this is daddy's room." I whisper as if it is a big secret.

I watch their eyes widen. "Really?!"

I watch them, amused. "Yes, really." I motion them to come closer. "Daddy is here to see you."

Both their mouths drop open. "Daddy is here?" Ryland whispers back.

Well today is just full of shocks. For the first time, Ryland didn't yell something. He has a really bad habit if talking loudly that irks me.

I smile and stand up. Walking over to the door, I place my hand on the door knob. I open the door and smile at Jase. I step back, giving Jase space to step in. I watch as the kids and Jase stare at each other back and forth.

Jase POV.

My heart is thundering in my chest. I've never thought of the possibility of having kids. Waking up on the hospital bed, I didn't know that it's been nearly five years since I've been myself.

My eyes move back to my kids and my breath hitches in my throat. They look exactly like me. They both have dark curly hair with bright eyes glowing with life.

'My kids...'

My legs give out under me and I drop to my knees. My throat tightens when tears pool my eyes. I open my arms when the boys hide behind Angie.

'Aiden has your blue eyes and Ryland has the green.'

I tell both of them apart. Aiden is the first one who moves around Angie and runs to me. Ryland watches me for a second before he also breaks out in a run. A laugh escapes me when I'm tackled to the floor and the twins practically jump up and down with excitement.

"Daddy!"

"Daddy!"

"Did you know that Ryland jumped on me, daddy?!" I look at Aiden.

"Did you know that Aiden put chocolate on my face, daddy?!" I look at Ryland.

"Because you were being mean to me!" Aiden accuses.

"You pushed me at the park today!"

"I'm the older one! I get to push you!"

I look between them clearly losing track of who was saying what. They both look at me when I don't say anything. The scramble onto my chest, pushing me further down on the floor.

"Yell at him, daddy!" Aiden points to Ryland.

"No, yell at him, daddy!" Ryland points back to Aiden.

"Maybe if you two munchkins got off daddy he could yell at you both." Angie speaks up.

The kids seen to realize that their mother is also present in the room. They scramble off my chest but don't move completely away.

"Is your business trip done, daddy?"

I open my mouth to answer but Aiden cuts me off.

"Did you bring the toy car, I asked for, daddy?"

I raise my eyebrow at Angie who only smiles back.

"What about my airplane, daddy?!" Ryland bounces with excitement.

"Not now, boys." Angie warns.

The door beside us opens and Naline enters the room. I automatically glare at her. She completely ignores me and looks at Angie.

"You should pack your belongings from the other house." She says.

I look at Angie, confused. She mirrored my look as she stared back at Naline.

"Why?"

"Won't you two be living together now?" Naline asks as she looks at me.

I nod my head. "But her stuff is just next door. We can pack tomorrow morning." I tell her. "I want to spend some time with the boys."

I look down at the twins and smile. I ruffle Aiden's hair.

"She doesn't live there anymore." Naline answers calmly.

I look at Angie, taken aback. Since when did Angie move out?

"After the twins were born we moved to Redville." Angie answers my unspoken question.

"Oh."

I stand up and scoop Ryland and Aiden in my arms. "Let's go." I say to Angie.

She looks at me hesitantly. "Are you sure you want us to move in with you? The boys are loud and like to smash things. You're going to be sleeping and working and we'll disturb you a-"

"This is our home now, Angie."

I smile as Angie lets out a sigh of relief. I exit the room and walk down the stairs. I walk across the living room towards the door that leads to the garage. Angie takes Ryland from me so that I can open the door. Entering the garage, I look at Ryland when I hear him gasp.

"Are they all yours, daddy?"

I chuckle. "They can be yours too." I tell him.

His eyes widen. "Really?"

"Yes, really." I tell him.

I look over to my collection of cars. The cars hold no value to me. They we're just one of many objects to waste my parents money. But if Ryland and Aiden found them so fascinating, they can have them all.

"Do you know in which car their car seats are?" I ask Angie.

"The black one." She answers.

I nod my head and walk towards the black Chevrolet. I open the door and sighed when the kids seats were indeed there. I place Aiden on the seat and buckle all the belts. Angie places Ryland from the other side and buckles him up. Closing the door, I walk over to the front of the car and take a seat.

We drive out of the car. Thirty minutes went by as I drove with Angie giving me directions. I look around when we finally enter the village of Redville. People we gathered around, they looked happy. The kids were playing at the park on my right.

"Its the last house on the right." Angie's voice breaks me out of my thoughts.

I drive forward and stop in front of the a small white house. I open the door get and out the car. Angie does the same. I find my boys sleeping when I open the back doors. Warmness spreads through my heart. These two little children are the lives we created, Angie and I. I pick up Aiden while Angie gets Ryland.

Closing the car door, we make our way towards the small house. Angie opens the front gate and I look around the front yard. I chuckle when I spot two water guns carelessly laying on the grass.

I frown when Angie just enters the house.

"You didn't lock the house?" I ask her.

She shakes her head while she walks in front of me. I follow her as he walks through the house. We enter a room with two twin size beds. The room was painted with with white rockets on top. This, I'm assuming, is the kids room. I place Aiden down and Angie does the same. She turns to me and smiles.

She walks over to the closet and takes out the clothes and places them on the dresser beside the bed.

"A little help?"

I snap out of my thoughts and walk over to stand beside Angie. I help her take out all the clothes.

"The suitcase is under the bed." She says as she points to the bed Ryland was sleeping on.

I walk over to the bed and crouch down. Pulling out the suitcase, I place it beside the clothes and pile them all in. I look over to the sleeping twins.

"It's so quiet when they sleep."

Behind me, Angie laughs. "You have no idea. I'm the one who lives with them everyday."

My back stiffens. Sadness suddenly fills me. I missed four years with my kids without knowing that they existed.

"Im sorry." Angie whispers.

I shake my head and turn around to face her. "Let's keep packing."

Arms wrap around my waist and Angie leans her head on my back. "I'm sorry, Jase."

"Let's not start with this. I don't know why I wasn't told about my own kids. But I prefer not to talk about this right now. I'd rather if the kids didn't catch daddy yelling at mom." I tell her truthfully.

The arms retreat from around my waist as Angie moves away. I turn around.

"Is that all for the kids?" I ask her.

"Maybe we should pack some toys too." She suggests without looking at me.

I look around room for toys and frown when I don't spot any.

"They're in the play room." Says Angie.

I nod my head. "Lead the way."

I follow behind Angie as she exits the room. We stop in front of the room beside the kids. I gasp when I enter the room. There were pictures of me on the walls. Twenty, thirty pictures. Even I don't have these many pictures of myself in my room. There were pictures of my during high school, pictures of me in which appears to be at a professional parties. There were just so many.

"I didn't want the kids to feel like they didn't know their father." Angie explains when he sees my expression. "So I asked Oscar and Steven to take pictures, as creepy as that is."

I didn't say anything. I couldn't. I was out of words. I look around the room again. There were so many toys in this small rooms. Cars, trucks, airplanes, ships, helicopters. You name it.

"You always send the boys toys while you're on your business trips." She smiles and picks up a helicopter. "You also never forget their birthdays. You always send them gifts and write them letters."

She walks over to a black dresser and opens a drawer. She takes out a box and pulls out sheets of paper.

"Do you want to read the letters they wrote back to you?" She holds up the papers to me.

I walk forward, my legs felt like jelly. I lift up my shaking hand and take the letters from Angie. My hands start to shake more violently as I went through every letter.

"The kids wait so anxiously for your letters and toys and they jump every time they see you on TV." She walks over to me and takes a seat beside me. Tears pool my eyes and they fall when I blink my eyes. "Though mostly their letters are demanding for new toys and space ships, they really love you.

I know. I wipe my tears when I go through the last letter. I hand it to Angie and bury my head in my hands and cry. How did my kids love me so much for the past year even though they didn't know me?"

"Even though the thought of you rejecting the kids scared me, deep inside I knew that you would never reject them." She admits. "And I didn't want the kids to hate their father so I told them of everything I knew about you. I told them that you'd come get them once your business trip was over."

I wipe my tears again and pull Angie onto my lap without a word. I bury my face in the crook of her neck as her legs straddle my hips. She kisses the side of my face and runs her hands through my hair.

"I don't know why you didn't tell me about the kids earlier but I really do appreciate that you didn't make my children hate me. And I'm also very great full that the kids know me so well even though I had no clue they existed for the past five years." I admit.

I lean away from Angie and look at her face. "Its not that I wasn't going to tell you about the kids its just..." She tails off.

"Don't." I warn. "Don't you dare tell a soul that I was crying."

"I promise."

The room door slams open and two small bodies scurry into the room.

"Daddy!"

"Daddy!"

"I'm right here." I say.

Angie gets off my lap and the twins climb onto it. I wrap my arms around their small bodies.

"What did you get us this time, daddy?"

"Are we really going to live with you now, daddy?"

"Can I have my own room, daddy?"

"What about the cars, daddy?"

"I want a bicycle, daddy!"

"And mommy promised pizza, daddy! But she didn't her any!"

"Yell at her like she yells at us, daddy!"

I laugh. Angie watches us with an amused look.

"Good luck." She wishes before she takes her leave.

I look at the hyper twins on my lap. Oh boy...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------