Falling for the Bad Boy

Chapter 4 - A Little Bit Of The Past.

Angie POV
Chapter 4 - A Little Bit of The Past

. I always found it weird that all the mansions were separated by huge walls except Steven's and the mansion on his right. But now I know why, the mansion belonged to the Devil himself.

Everyone was already outside when Steven, Jase, and I got home. They were standing in the driveway beside their cars. I have never seen so many expensive brands of cars all at once. There was a Ferrari, Lamborghini, Rolls-Royce Ghost and a Hummer. Jase's care was the only car that I didn't know.

Stacey squeals when she sees me get out of the car and runs to me, "Angie! OMG what are you doing here? Not that I'm complaining or anything." She asks me.

I laugh at her tone of voice, "You know how I told you I'm living with my aunts and cousin?" I ask her

She has a surprised look on her face, "No way! Steven's your cousin? Holy Shit" she says laughing. "He's loaded."

I look over at her mansion and give her a look, "Says the girl that lives in a mansion." I say to her. I admit Steven's house is really big, it has about 20 rooms in total, more like a hotel really. But Stacey's house was equally as big, maybe even bigger.

I break out of my thoughts when I feels someone pulling me, "Come on lets go inside." she says with excitement. I catch Jase's eyes, and he's watching us with amusement. I mummer 'hi's' and 'heys' as I pass by the boys.

Stacey and I walk up the stars to her house's entrance. She places her thumb on a small screen attached by the door. I'm guessing its some security thing. The plate turns green and Stacey opens the door.

"Welcome home Stacey and friend" I jump, scared. Who is that? I don't see anyone.

"Angie, QT. Her name is Angie." She speaks. To whom? I have no clue. "Of course, welcome Angie."
Stacey sees my expression, "don't worry, QT is the security system of the house. She takes care of the house when we're not here." She explains to me. I must admit, this is kind of cool.

The house is gigantic from the inside. It has a very bright color scheme. The living room had round sofas with a huge table. This room lead to many other rooms. There was a staircase leading to the second floor of the house.

Stacey dragged me towards the stair case. There were countless rooms upstairs. We stopped in front of the door colored pink which read 'Stacey's room'. She opened the door and revealed room mostly pink and gold. The room was big probably as big as my new room. The left side of the room had a big circular bed and side tables. The right side of the room was the sitting area. It had a big brown couch but a huge flat screen TV, a table to go with the couch.

She leads me to the bed, "I'm so excited you're here, honestly I barely have any girlfriends over. Most of the girls don't approach me because some of them are scared due to the rumors," she tells me with a sad face. Now I feel guilty I was scared to talk to her again too. "And when they do, it's either to have sex with my brother or one of the guys."

I feel bad for her. She has beauty and a sexy brother and his hot friends, but she doesn't have people she opens up to. Okay I admitted it, her brother is sexy, but that doesn't change the fact that he's a devil.

"Awe it's okay Stacey I'll be your good friend" I tell her.

She laughs at my response, "You're too cute. I know we'll be good friends, I can tell. Besides you're perfect for my brother." My smile drops when I hear this. Stacey laughs louder.

"No no no" I point at her, "don't you dare even think about it he's a devil, no offense. And he's not my type." I tell her.

She gives me a challenging look, "oh yeah? Then tell me, what is your type?" that easy.

I laugh an evil laugh. "I like mature guys who respect other people, have a good personality, smart, tall and obviously good looking." I tell her confidently. What does she know about my type, i know my own type. Take that.

"Check, check, check, check, check, check and check." She tells me, her arms crossed.

Now it's my turn to laugh, and I laugh. I laugh out loud. "Your brother? Mature? Never. Respectful? I think not," I say. What happened in class today was not respectful, quite the opposite actually. "Good personality? You've got to be kidding me. smart? Haven't seen it yet. Tall? Ok yeah he's tall. Good looking? Ok maybe he's a tad bit good looking." Okay the last part was a total lie, like I said, the devil's totally sexy.

"Stacey?" a voice shouted from a distance.

"Yeah" she answers

"We're going to the gym. I'll be back in about 3 hours" says the voice. It belonged to Jase.

"Okay. Be safe" she replies. We hear the door shut. Guess they're gone.

"where were we again? Oh yeah. Jase is all those things you listed. It's not his fault as to why he is the way he is." She says to me with a sad expression on her face. Okay now I'm confused. "Besides you won't understand." She finishes.

"Then explain it to me." I demand her. She looks at me for a moment, debating.

She opens her mouth, then closes it, then opens it again "I don't really like talking about the past, Jase hates it the most. But I guess I can tell you, were stuck together anyways."

"Obviously it all started when Jase was born. Mom and dad just opened up their own business. My dad's an architect and my mom's an interior designer. They originally lived in New York, but they came here to give birth to Jase so that my gramma can take care of him. But gramma was diabetic and was weak, so she couldn't look after him, she needed someone to look after her. Mom and dad could either choose their business or choose their child, they chose their career."

What kind of parents would do that? My parents would have never done that.

"two months later mom got pregnant with me. Jase was 4 weeks old when they left for New York again. Jase grew up around nannies and baby sitters. Obviously he was small and didn't know anything. 7 months later i was born, and they dumped me with Jase. We went from one nanny to another then to another, so on. Gramma told me that i used to call nanny my 'mommy'."
I didn't say anything, I couldn't say anything. I had no words, I didn't know what it felt like.

"We didn't know that we had another brother until we were 15 years old, Romaine was then 20 years old. He said he tried his best to find us when mom and dad told him. Soon Jase started school, i used to cry a lot. Then a year later I started too. Jase and I always stayed together at school during recess. Jase didn't talk to anyone, no one would know what he's thinking. The teachers were worried about his mental state, they always called our parents or meetings. They would never show up. On our birthdays we'd wait till midnight, thinking maybe that mommy and daddy will come now. Days turned into weeks then months. They would never show up. Jase stopped waiting, but i would still wait."

I had tears in my eyes. I would never do that to my children.

"We always got bullied at school as we grew up. Kids were starting to get smart and noticed that our parents never picked us up or dropped us off. They teased us. Some called us bastards. I never did or said anything, i was too scared. But Jase always fought back as if it was war. He'd always stick up for me, sometimes even get beat up. But he'd never complain. Years passed by we entered middle school. The boys were starting to notice me. It always pissed Jase off. He'd tell me that I am the only family he's got and he doesn't want me to leave him too."

My heart was aching, I can't even imagine what they went through.

"He would scare any boy away that would try to approach me. I tried to explain it to him, 'I'll never leave you' I'd always tell him. But he wouldn't listen. One night I was walking home from school after tutoring classes. On the way home I got surrounded by boys and I was raped. I screamed, I cried, I begged but they didn't listen to me. They kept going and going, there were four of them. I was only 13 years old. Jase found me in the alley, my clothes torn up, bleeding. He took me home and for the first time in 7 years I saw Jase cry. He never cried like I did. To this day he still blames himself."

I was crying now. I looked at Stacey, she had no tears in her eyes, and her face was emotionless.

"Since that day, Jase started hating my parents even more. He says if they were with us this wouldn't have happened. Jase started drinking, getting into fights. It started to get dangerous. He would go downtown and get into street fights. I was afraid he would get involved in gangs. Thankfully that never happened. I slowly watched my big brother turn into a cold hearted monster, fighting without emotions, looking at the world as if it's his enemy."

"We met Oscar and Fraizer in Elementary School; they would always be with us too. They fought alongside with Jase, never leaving his side. Tyler and Adrian are our cousins. We met Andy during middle school. Strangely the boys stay with us not because our uncle is the director of the education board or our brother is a police officer, they really respect Jase. To Jase he never had any parents and still doesn't. To him the boys and i are family. He would do anything to protect us."

I look at her, still crying "I don't know what to say" i tell her pathetically. I give her a hug.

"Jase might not act mature or say the sweetest things but its not his fault. It's the way he grew up, id he wants to say something, he'll say it. 'Truth is harsh' he would always say. He is more mature than boys his age, and hes more sensitive than them too. He like to bottle up his emotions, thats why he has anger issues. But i really don't blame him. He is everything to me, my best friend, my mother, my father, my brother." She tells me while hugging me.

We hear the door open, "Stacey? I'm home!"

"Okay, well be down there in a second." She calls back.

She turns to me, "you go, I'll be there in a sec." She says and pushes me towards the door.

I walk down the stairs into the living room and find Jase watching TV alone, i stop. Maybe i should try talking to him and give him a chance. According to what Stacey told me, it's not his fault as to why he's like this.

"Where is everyone else." He looks up from the TV screen at me.

"You're still here?" he asks me with a smirk on his face.

It's not his fault Angie, it's not his fault. I smile, "yep I'm still here."

"They went home, we have school tomorrow." He answers my questions from earlier.

"Oh" is all I say.

I walk towards where he is seated. I take a seat near him. Not too close yet not so far away. He's watching basket ball. Figures.

Suddenly I'm pushed off the couch, I look over at Jase with a shocked expression.

He just stares back at me, "go get me coffee" he demands

"What?" I ask him dumbfounded.

"Are you retarded? I said go get me a coffee." He repeats himself

"I know what you said idiot" I told him annoyed, "Why should I get you a coffee? I'm the guest here, if anything you should be getting me a coffee."

"My house, my rules. The kitchen is that way," he pointed towards my right "the coffee is in the cabinets and the coffee machine is on the counter top. Now go get me a coffee." He orders me.

Who does he think he is? Orders me around like that. I walk towards the kitchen. I take everything back. I don't care about is past and i don't want to give him a chance.

Stupid devil.

__________________________________________________________________________________