You Put the Music in My Heart

Let's get ice cream!

Everyday at school, I would see a boy that would look at me, but I always shrugged it off. I never thought of it too much, until I noticed the way he did look at me. The look in his eyes was like nothing I'd never seen before. It was beautiful, almost. I would smile at him every once in a while, but he would always look away when I do. It confused me.

I wonder why he always looks at me? I'm nothing that special, am I? No, I'm not cute enough for him. He's a very good looking guy, he could have any girl he wants. Maybe I'm over thinking this, but I can't get over the way his eyes looked.

As I walked out of school, I saw him again. He was looking right at me, so I decided to look back at him. Once again, he looked away. That's not what I wanted to happen. Why can't he just look at me when I look at him? Maybe he's just really nervous. I know I am. Being nervous is part of the reason why I don't go up to him and ask why he gazes at me so much.

I caught up with my friend, Britanny, who was just about to leave. "Hey! Where do you think you're going, missy?" She turned when she heard my voice.

She laughed a little before saying, "Uh, home. Why? Do you want to do something, Diggy?"

I shrugged. "We could get some ice cream. I wanted to talk to you about that guy."

"Was he looking again?"

I nodded. "Yeah, he was. I wonder why. Maybe I'll never find out."

"I know his name now." She said out of nowhere.

"You do? How?"

"You know that guy Tony that I hang out with?"

"The guy with the jedi braid, right?" Tony was a nice guy, and he and Britanny hung out a lot. Usually when I wasn't with her, she was with him. I think she likes him, but she never said anything about that. And, whenever I would ask, she would ignore the question.

"Yeah. He told me that his name was Jaime and that he's a friend of his."

"So you're telling me, that the guy who looks at me everyday is your boyfriend's friend?"

"Yes. Wait, what? He's not my boyfriend! Tony and I are just friends." After she said that, it seemed like she didn't want it to be true.

"I knew you liked him."

She shrugged. "So what if I do? Is there anyone you like?"

I shook my head. "Not that I know of. Maybe Jaime, if he would talk to me for once. I want to talk to him, but I get nervous."

"You should try to talk to him tomorrow. It's worth a shot."

"You're right. I'll do it. Thanks!"

She smiled. "No problem. Still up for ice cream?"

"Of course I am." Then she and I left school.

Right after we heard a voice say, "Wait for me!" We both turned to see Tony awkwardly stumbling through all the other high school kids to get to us. It was quite funny. Once he finally caught up to us, he asked, "Can I come with? What are you guys doing?"

"We were just gonna get ice cream." Britanny told him. She's giving him those googly eyes that someone makes when they like a person. It's actually pretty cute. They would make an adorable couple.

"Yeah, you can come with." I said to him as I smiled. I didn't really know him that well, so maybe now will give me a chance to see what he's like.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yaay a new PTV story! Brittany and I would love it if our readers commented on this. :] Hope everyone likes it!