You Put the Music in My Heart

Plans

We walk to the local ice cream shop, Diggy, Tony and I. I was happy Diggy suggested we went out for ice cream. It was a really nice and sunny day and no other day could have been better.

On our way I try to stir up conversation, try to get some information for Diggy.

"So, Tony can you tell us about Jaime?" I ask out of nowhere.

He looks surprised but answers anyways. "Sure, what about him?"

I look over at Diggy who is giving me a look of despair. "He keeps looking at Diggy but never says anything to her. He won't even look back at her and she's starting to get really curious."

Tony surprisingly just laughs.

"What?" Diggy asks, confused.

"That's Jaime for you. He's like that. He's really shy. Don't take it personal," he assures Diggy who just lets out a small laugh.

"Do you think he'll talk to Diggy first?" I ask. I didn't know much about Jaime. I knew just about as much as Diggy did. He seemed like a really nice guy though from what Tony has told me about him. I approved.

Tony makes a face. "Eh, probably. Probably not."

"I was planning on talking to him," Diggy says.

Tony smiles. "You should. He talks about you a lot."

I could see a slight shade of red wash over Diggy's face. It was adorable.

He talked about her? He must like her or something.

"Oh, and he works at the ice cream shop," Tony tells us as he opens the door to the little local ice cream shop, letting us inside. Maybe Diggy would get a chance to talk to Jaime sooner than she thought.

The shop wasn't crowded, but it wasn't full either. It felt nice to be there. I hadn't been out for ice cream in forever.

Sure enough we're greeted by Jaime at the counter.

"Hey, Jaime." Tony says to him, looking at the menu.

Jaime smiles, showing his dimples. "Hey, Tone. What can I get you guys?"

We all place our order and sit down at a small round table inside.

"So do you still wanna talk about you know who?" I ask Diggy, looking over to where Jaime was helping another customer.

Diggy shrugs. "I don't know.."

Jaime is just finishing up with the customer when Tony calls him over.

Jaime sits down next to Diggy.

"What's up?" He asks, looking at Tony.

"I was just wondering if you'd want to have a get together with us sometime, all four of us. Just hang out. I was thinking tomorrow after school?"

Jaime takes awhile to think and I see his eyes flicker over to Diggy. Then a small smile comes across his face.

"Sure, sounds like fun. I have to go," he says, looking back at the front counter where a couple were waiting.

He leaves and I see Diggy let out a small breath when he does so.

"Now you'll get to talk to him." Tony smiles, taking a lick of his ice cream.

I was guessing we'd have details of where we'd be hanging out at later on.

We enjoy our ice cream and carry on conversation about other things. We had a plan for all four of us to hang out tomorrow and I knew it would go well.
♠ ♠ ♠
Woo, I updated. It's a little short and I'm sorry about that. The next one I write will be longer, I promise :) Now it's your turn, Diggy! I hope this update is acceptable.

Comments are always appreciated <3