Bad End Night

The Play Begins.

"Fukai, fukai, mori no oku ni...."

I sing as I wonder through the depths of a thick forest. My footsteps crunch the leaves beneath me. I look around a little and sigh.

"OK, now I'm definitely lost," I say to myself. I clutch the letter with faded colour tightly against my chest. I stop and look up ahead of me.

"Is that a light?" I asked myself ever so quietly.

I walked toward the light, which became clearer and clearer. Beginning to jog, and soon running, I reach out as if to grasp the silverish light. I continued running, not watching where I was going, just keeping focus on the light that burned so brightly.

I ran through a couple of bushes, scraping my pale skin against twigs and getting splashed, as my feet kicked up the damp mud. I was getting tired, thinking I would never reach the light that always seemed right in front of me.

About to give up, I ran through a large bush. My eyes shut, my hands up to protect my face. I had stopped right outside of the large bush. This large bush reminded me of a wall, as if it was there to protect something. I hesitantly opened my eyes to see that I had reached the silverish light.

It was coming from the mansion that sat itself in a small, rather isolated area. It was very large, with many arc-shaped windows emanating the light of which I was chasing. The mansion was a light brownish colour with an almost black roof. It was surrounded by many tall, dark trees.

I yawned, suddenly realizing how tired I was. I slowly walked to the mansion in an orderly manner. When I reached the door, I noticed that it was damaged. It looked old and rather worn out, but the lights were on so someone had to be home. I took a deep breath and raised my hand in a fist. At first I hesitated, then proceeded to knock on the ominous door of the eerie mansion.

"Is anybody home?" I called. I heard footsteps coming from the other side of the large door.

"Oh my, what happened to you?"

A man in his twenties to early thirties had somehow managed to open the large door. He was a handsome man with long purple hair in a ponytail and was wearing a butlers outfit. He smiled at me. I couldn't help but stare.

"Um, I..." But before I could reply, two children appeared in front of me.

The young girl smiled;."WEL-come..."

The little boy finished. "To our WON-drous mansion..."

The two children both had blonde hair and black clothing that you would dress a little doll in. The young girl had her hair out with a lovely black dress that hung at the sleeves. The little boy was wearing a black suit with a coat that a pianist would wear at a concert. His wavy blond hair was tied back into a small ponytail, leaving his fringe to stick out a little. They took me by my hands and ushered me inside. The handsome butler closed the door behind me. As I was led inside by the young children who seemed to be twins, a young, pretty lady walked up to me, with a teapot and tea cup on a small serving tray.

"Let me serve you tea!" The young lady said in a sing-song voice.

She was wearing a maid's uniform. She had short green hair and seemed very cheerful. It was almost as if she was singing instead of speaking.
Everyone then gathered, and I seemed to be surrounded by the residents of the mansion.

"A meeting such as this, you know, must be fate!" Another handsome man with short blue hair and dressed in rather fancy clothing was holding a glass of wine as he said this. I guessed he was the master of the mansion.

"Then we will party! Party!!" The blond twins cheered together happily.

"Let us welcome you!" The Master and the twins laughed together.

"Hurry, hurry!" The young boy called excitedly.

"Pour the wine!" The handsome butler was pouring bright red wine in glasses just like the Master had held in his hand.

"Be merry, be festive!" The maid sang, as she brought more tea.

"Let us give a toast!" A young girl - a little older than myself - had appeared beside the butler and had raised a glass of the glimmering wine. The girl had long, pink hair and I guessed that she was the master's daughter.

"Are you ready?" The young girl asked me.

"Are we, indeed?" A woman with short, brown hair and a beautiful face appeared, holding a fan to her lips. She was the only one left, she had to be the mistress of the mansion.

"Then let us begin!"

It turned out being a really amazing party. There was singing and dancing, and everyone was having so much fun. Throughout the whole night they sang.

"You are the lead actress in this crazy night, all dressed up with a glass of wine. Once you're just drunk enough, won't you enjoy yourself so?"

I figured that I should just have some fun and drink the night away, but something just didn't feel right.

"Sing, dance, make merry, forget what's sweet and bitter
'til the point of madness, enjoy a happy night!"

As they sang and sang, I decided that I would stay the night, since I had no idea how I was supposed to get back to my village.

The night after the banquet, something seemed amiss. I went to sleep and awoke, but morning never came. As I stared out of the window that should have shown a golden sun, sparkling onto the glossy green trees, with persuading forest animals to come and enjoy it, it was replaced with darkness. The shining full moon had replaced the sun, the darkness of the forever night enveloping the mansion in it's clutches. It was all so confusing. It was all so wrong.

It's as if, morning never came....
♠ ♠ ♠
This is an Original Fiction from the song Bad ∞ End ∞ Night by Vocaloid. I hope you enjoy.