Status: You'll die in his hands.

Melody's Melodies

I'll pick you up



“Hey, hey, hey. Look at me sweetie.”

She’s crying again, it’s 4am.

“Baby, stop. It’s okay. I swear he won’t get you. Come on look at me.”

She won’t open her eyes.

Devin’s hovering over, his hands running along her face.

“Melody, please,” he says softly.

She cries with her eyes closed, because she’s still asleep. Having a nightmare about her father.

Devin shakes her a little and then grabs her shoulders.

“No, no, no, stop plea-” she panics in mumbles.

“Wake up, come on,” he sits her up.

She sways a little, her head tilts back. She makes incoherent sounds, moans.

“Melody wake up, it’s just a dream.”

He places one hand on the back of her neck to lift her head up and taps her face lightly with the other.

She squeezes her eyes tighter with an irritated, yet sad look on her face.

Tears are smeared across her face, but she’s no longer crying. He wipes her face clear of the tears with his thumbs and then lies back down beside her. Her back is to him; he wraps his arms around her midriff and holds her close to his body. He presses his lips to her bare neck and sighs.
♠ ♠ ♠
Melody sleeps hard.

This chapter isn't impressive.

I am a terrible person... I'm sorry.

I'm terribly sorry for the wait, there's no good excuse or my lack of postings. I know I suck, blehh. Don't hate me just yet though I beg you! I'll post another before the night is over with.