Status: You'll die in his hands.

Melody's Melodies

I wanna tell you how much I love you



He can’t sleep.

He’s tired, but he just can’t fall asleep. All he can do is think and all he can think about is Melody.
She turns over under his arms, facing him, she seems to still be asleep, wrapped up in her golden hair. Devin looks over at his clock on the nightstand, seeing it’s 6:20am.

Melody makes a quiet sound and Devin looks over to see that she’s looking at him with her soft brown eyes. Devin touches her cheek and they look into each other’s eyes.

“You okay?” he asks.

She nods, but she’s really not okay. She had a terrible nightmare and she doesn’t want to go back home, but she has to. Griffin won’t give up on finding her, she knows he’s home now. Tearing the house apart like he did when her mother left, looking for leads. Once he gets frustrated, he’ll go hunting for her, she’ll slip up and he’ll drag her back home. He’ll beat her, she’ll cry, Devin will see her and be pissed.

She sighs quietly and closes her eyes. She feels Devin touch her head, tangling his fingers in her wavy hair. She takes his hand in hers and brings his hand to her mouth. She presses her lips to the palm of his hand like she’s done before. Her breath tickles the palm of his hand and he lets out a quiet laugh.

“I love you,” she whispers.

It just slipped. She can’t believe she just said, it. She’s terrified, she drops his hand and she sits up. Her hair falls around her face and she hurries out of his bed.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t- I’m sorry,” she says fast.

His silence scares her, her heart races and he sits up looking over at her and gets out of bed.

“You don’t need to apologize, it’s okay,” he says quietly, easing over to her.

She shakes her head, “it just slipped out. I- I don’t expect you to feel the same way I guess.”

“Why, wouldn’t I?”

“Please don’t lie to me,” she says, stunned.

“I love you too,” he says, taking her into his arms, smiling that gorgeous smile. “You mean a lot to me.”

In the pit of her stomach she feels selfish, because he just may be as truthful as she is about this. She wants him to love her and she’s happy that he does, but then she gets this sick feeling. She can’t be loved and she doesn’t want to only bring pain to Devin. She knows deep down that it was a mistake falling for him. She’ll only hurt him in the end, someway, somehow. She knows she’ll find a way to fuck him over too even when it’s the last thing she’ll ever want to do.

Bad things follow her when she has found a glimpse of happiness.
♠ ♠ ♠
Let me know your thoughts on this chapter, pretty please?