Status: You'll die in his hands.

Melody's Melodies

I ran away from you



Melody wakes up to a quiet room, rain still pattering on the window. She turns to lie on her side to see that Devin is sitting beside her in the chair.

“Oh, how long have you been waiting for me to wake up?” she asks, voice barely audible

He looks at her with red eyes. “An hour or so.”

More like three, but he doesn’t want to make her feel bad.

“You should have woke me up.”

“No, you need to rest, it’s fine I waited for you to wake up for three days, I’m sure I can wait a few hours for you to wake up.”

Melody nods, moving her legs up closer to her body, to get more in a fetal position.

“How do you feel?” Devin asks.

“I’m okay.”

Devin nods, runs his fingers through his hair then looks down at the multi-colored tile floor.

“Devin, are you okay?” she asks softly.

He looks at her with sad eyes.

“I’m so sorry,” he breaks down.

He lays his head on the bed next to her knees.

“I didn’t know I’m so stupid. I should’ve known you were at a breaking point, I should’ve tried harder. Melody it’s my fault, I should’ve. . . I- I-”

“Shh,” Melody shushes him.

She touches his face with her small warm hand, stroking his cheek.

“It wasn’t your fault, please don’t blame yourself.”

“But I feel so guilty,” he cries.

“Why? You did nothing, but protect me and love me and make me feel safe. I shouldn’t have done this it wasn’t, because of you I promise. . . I just, I felt lost . . . I feel lost. But I now know that it wasn’t right, it wasn’t fair to you.”

“I love you so much. You’re all I want and I can’t lose you again. That was torture.”

“I’m sorry,” she wipes a tear from right under his eye.

“Don’t say sorry. Don’t apologize for having feelings. Just promise me you won’t leave me again and if you do want to leave me, leave me but stay on this earth, leave me if you’re unhappy with me, but live. Leave and live,” he whispers the last part, putting his hand over hers that’s on his cheek.

Stroking his cheek still she answers, “I won’t ever leave you I’ll live and only be with you I promise you that.”