Status: You'll die in his hands.

Melody's Melodies

From the wind in front of me



Melody quietly hums to herself as the next song plays in her ears. She taps her long fingers against her leggings, closing her eyes and envisions herself playing a piano. She imagines herself at a huge black grand piano, in a room with only the light from the six large windows along the wall, playing the piano version of the song she's listening to. Then her daydream is unexpectedly interrupted.

“Excuse me,” a soft voice speaks.

Melody, barely hears the voice over her music. She opens her eyes, and gasps to see a guy standing across from her.

“Sorry,” his soft voice says. “I didn’t mean to scare you.”

Melody is mesmerized by this boy instantly; she can’t bring herself to speak, just takes her ear buds out. The boy gives her a smile that shows his whitish, perfectly straight teeth and she notices the tiny silver lip ring next to his bottom lip.

“I just didn’t know if you,” he awkwardly clears his throat. “If you were asleep standing or something, I didn’t want you to miss the bus.”

Melody nods slightly, and looks down at the ground.

“What were you listening to?” he asks.

Melody glances up to see his deep green eyes, she sucks in a breath, extremely nervous. She just goes to her music app and shows him the screen of her iPod.

“Oh, Billie Holiday is a cool song, a lot of people don’t like all girl bands, but Warpaint is a pretty good band.”

A smile plays with Melody’s lips, but she just bites her bottom lip.

“You don’t talk very much do you?” the boy asks, cocking his head to the side.

She just shrugs, turning her attention to her iPod, turning it off and putting it into the little pocket of her backpack.

“Well, can I at least know your name?”

“Melody,” she says quickly and quietly, looking at her chipped nail polish.

When he’s quiet she glances up to see another smile across the boy’s face.

“That’s a pretty name,” he says, taking a step closer to her.

Melody blushes and turns light red.

“My name’s Devin.”

Devin, what a fitting name for such a mysterious, gorgeous guy like him, Melody just nods again, but inside her head she’s going insane. She can’t believe this gorgeous guy is taking the time to speak with her. He reaches up and fixes the black beanie that’s covering most of his black hair except the pieces that are curling out in the front and sides.

Then the school bus pulls up and Melody’s heart drops, she wants to stay with Devin even if that did mean he’d be awkwardly talking to a girl who couldn’t manage to say anything besides her name.
“Have fun at school,” Devin says, smiling at her, looking her in the eyes.

That’s when Melody notices Devin has no backpack, folders, or anything. He is just wearing a dark blue button up shirt, a black undershirt, black jeans, sneakers and his beanie.

Melody stares at Devin for a second until the bus’s doors open disrupting her thoughts and she quickly gets on the bus, hurrying to the closest seat, which is far in the back, but no one else is sitting in it.
.
She looks out of the window to see Devin walking down the sidewalk, stuffing his hands into his
pockets. When the bus gets down the road, where Melody can no longer see Devin, she sits back in her seat and smiles to herself.
♠ ♠ ♠
What are your thoughts on Devin? Any thoughts on this chapter, let me know! :)