Status: Workin' on it.

Somewhere In Neverland

Band Practice

My first week of school went by pretty fast.
I made more friends, and apparently an enemy. Jen kept giving me dirty looks, and at one point she put a piece of paper in my locker that said, "Pink hair is gross. It looks like you dove into a pool of Pepto Bismal. Hahahaha."

I didn't show it to Alex because I knew he'd get mad and go say something to her. I didn't need or want that.

I was in bed asleep on Saturday morning when there was a thud on my window. I tried to ignore it, but when it happened 5 more times, I got up to go see what it was.

I lifted my window up to yell at whatever was out there when I heard a laugh.
"Alex, go the fuck away. I was sleeping, you dick!"
He just laughed harder.
"Get dressed home girl. You're coming to watch our band practice!" he said.
"You're in a band?" I lifted my eyebrows. "Impressive."

"Just get dressed before I'm late!" he said with a grin.
I melted.

"Mom, I'm going with Alex!" I yelled from upstairs.
"Okay! See you later. Don't stay out too late!" She yelled back.

I got dressed and climbed out the window where Alex was.
He laughed when I got to ground and said "Um. Monkey much?"
I laughed and skipped to his car.

We drove up to a pretty decent sized house and got out. "Whose house are we at?" I asked, a little nervous. "We're at Rian's house. He was a big ass basement, so his parents let us use it for practice."

"Ah. So who is in this band?"
"I play guitar and sing, Jack is our lead guitarist, Zack plays bass, and Rian does drums. You know everyone here."
I nodded and we walked in. I followed Alex downstairs and got attacked by Jack, who always gives me the biggest bear hugs of my life.

"Hi Jack."
"HEY AMBER!" he yelled.

"Okay, so what are we playing first?" Rian asked.
"Let's start with Jasey Rae." Alex said.

I sat on the couch and watched them do their thing. I have to admit, they were amazing. They all seemed like they were having so much fun. I couldn't help but watch Alex a little more than everyone else. He was so so into his music, and his voice was literally velvet. It was incredible.

I watched them do a few more songs and then Alex came over to me. "Can you read music and follow beats and all that cool jazz?"
"Uh. Yeah. I've had music lessons for the past 7 years, why?"
"Because I need you to sing a part for our next song. We've been working on it for a while and we need a girl for a big part. Will you sing it?"

I froze.
"Um. Sure..." I said.

Alex handed me the paper and showed me where to come in.
I sat patiently while Alex sang.
"Oh, I can see now, that all of these clouds are following me in my desperate endeavor, to find my whoever, wherever she may be."
I took a deep breath and started singing.
"I'm not coming back, I've done something so terrible, I'm terrified to speak but you'd expect that from me. I'm mixed up, I'll be blount. Now the rain is washing you out of my hair, and out of my mind. Keeping an eye on the world, from so many thousands of feet off the ground. I'm over you now, I'm at home in the clouds, towering over your head."

I looked up and Alex was staring at me. He didn't start singing his last part. He leaned over and kissed me. Electricity shot through me and I kissed back.

Jack, Rian, and Zack were going crazy, yelling "It's about time!"

Alex pulled back and looked me in the eyes before kissing me again.

I've known this boy for about a week, and it may be too soon to tell,
but I am almost 100% sure...

...that I am in love with Alex Gaskarth.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's been a while since I've updated, and I apologize. Being a junior is hard work!
But anyways, thoughts? Comments?
And I love how I update to SEVEN SUBSCRIBERS. You all are so awesome. :)
I'll update soon!

-Haley. :)