Status: Workin' on it.

Somewhere In Neverland

Thanks For Making Me A Fighter

Everyone knew the following week that Alex and I were together. It wasn't a secret. We were always together unless we were in our 2 classes that we didn't have together. But the classes we did have together, Alex somehow got all of the teachers to let me sit by him.

He'd wait until no one was around, and he'd look at the teacher with his puppy dog eyes and big ass wiggling eyebrows and say, "Can you pleeeaaassee move Amber by me? She's agreed to help me with the work, so maybe I won't fail." And it worked.
Every. Single. Time.

Smooth, Gaskarth. Reeealll smooth.

Tuesday morning, I walk into school only to be confronted by Jen. She looked me up and down and smirked, "I hope you know Alex doesn't really want you. You're not his type."
"Oh, I'm sorry, am I not slutty or bitchy enough for him?" I fired back.

She put her hand over heart as if to show that she actually had feelings and emotions.

I rolled my eyes and walked off.

I walked into school and met up with Cassadee. We headed off to English.
We were watching some video about how Grammar was important and blah blah blah, fuck this shit. I kept dozing off. I looked over at Alex and he was looking at me. He stuck his tongue out and scrunched his face together and l laughed.

"Amber, is there something funny about grammar?"
"No ma'am, I'm sorry."
She looked back up at the screen and I looked over to find Alex giggling at me.
I flipped him off and watched the rest of the video.

After school, Alex came with me to my house so that we could tell my mom that we were dating. She didn't know yet because I know she didn't approve of Alex. So I was kind of nervous about telling her.

We were laughing when we walked into my house, and mom was on the couch.
"Amber, is that you? How was school?"
"Fine, I brought Alex home with me." I said.
"Great," she said sarcastically. She kind of scrunched her nose as if to say, "Why'd you bring that fucking boy here??"

"Mom, I need to talk to you."
She looked up at me and said, "Alright, then. What about?" Her eyes narrowed towards Alex and I kind of had a feeling that she already knew it was coming.

"Um," I started, "Alex and I are dating now..." I said it quietly.
"What?" she asked, a little annoyed.
"Alex is my boyfriend. I am his girlfriend. We are dating." I said, carefully being more specific than the first time.

"Don't be a smart ass, I heard you the first time. My question is why?" she asked.
"I better go..." Alex started.
"No, Alex. Stay." I commanded.
"No, Amber, he's right. Maybe he should go. You and I need to have a talk." my mom backfired.
"Oh my god, whatever." I said.
"Goodbye, Mrs. Mask. It was nice to see you again." Alex tried.
"Just go, Alex." she said. She was such a bitch.
I walk with Alex outside, and we were standing at the end of my driveway.

"I'm sorry about her." I said.
"Don't be. She doesn't approve, and I get it. Maybe we shouldn't be together if she doesn't like me that much." his voice cracked a little.
"No, fuck that. You're mine and I'm yours. I don't care what she says." I kind of yelled.
"I don't want you hiding anything from her." he said.
"And I won't be. As soon as you leave, I'm going back in there and I'm telling her how it is. I waited too long for this to happen, and I am not letting her fuck it up for me." I said.

There. Now, maybe he'd get it.
"You are the most fantastic person on this planet." he said. He kissed me. "I'll call you later, okay?"
"Okay, babe," I said, "Now let me go defend your honor."
He laughed and kissed me again before walking off.

I went back inside and shut the door.
"I don't approve of him," Mom instantly started.
"I don't care," I fired back.
"He's irresponsible, he's reckless, and I don't trust him. I don't want you seeing him anymore." she said.

"God, you ALWAYS do this to me. Every single time I find someone that I even remotely like and they actually like me back, you have to try to fucking ruin it for me. Alex is a really good person. He's NOT irresponsible, he's NOT reckless, and he makes STRAIGHT A'S. You're just a bitch who doesn't want anyone to love me because you don't want to be alone for the rest of your life. That's why you don't have anyone right now!" I yelled.

The next thing I felt was a the back of a hand connecting with my cheek. My mom slapped me, harder than anyone has ever slapped me before.
"You watch your mouth towards me, young lady. I let you do whatever you want, whenever you wanna do it. So don't start with me. You're not gonna be with him, and that's the end of it." she snapped.

"If that's what you want to think, that's fine. But somehow, some way, I will be with him. I'll become the most horrific acting child you've ever seen. Try and stop me from being with him, and see what happens." That's the last thing I said before turning around and going upstairs.

As soon as I got up there, I locked my door, and called Alex.

"So, is everything okay?" he asked as soon as he answered.
"Nope. She yelled, I yelled, and she slapped me in the face." I said.
"What the fuck? No, I'm coming over right now." he said, worried.

"No, Alex don't. That all we fought about. I told her nothing was gonna stop me from being with you. I yelled at my mom like I've never yelled at anyone before." I said.

"Aww, look at you being a badass!" he said.
"Shut up, you loser," I laughed.

"Get some sleep, okay? And please, try not to argue anymore with your mom over me. I feel bad enough as it is." he said.
"Don't feel bad for anything. I was the one who fought and yelled and screamed. You're fine, I promise." I said.
"If you say so...sleep well, okay? Goodnight babe, I'll hopefully see you tomorrow." he said.
"Night babe. See you tomorrow."

I hung up and went and took a shower.
Afterwards, I laid on my bed with iPod flowing, just thinking about the night's events.
I can't believe my mom hit me.
I mean, don't get me wrong, I know I some pretty hurtful, disrespectful stuff to her, but I never thought in a million years that she would ever hit me.

I rolled over and looked out the window at the night sky until I fell asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's taken me so long to update!
School keeps me busy. -_-
but, I hope you all don't hate me too much and you decide to keep reading and blah blah blah.
I'm gonna really try to keep updating more, I promise.
-thoughts about the chapter? comment please. :)
love you guys!

-Haley. :)