Status: Workin' on it.

Somewhere In Neverland

Blessings and Curses

I didn't sleep that well because I tossed and turned all night.
I just couldn't quit thinking about what went down between my mom and me.

I don't understand. Alex isn't at all a bad person. He's amazing. If she could only see that, she'd let me be with him.

But knowing how uptight my mom is, that would NEVER happen.

I took a little while in the shower and took as long as I could getting ready for school. I was pretty ready to go today because of two major reasons:
1. I'd get to see Alex. No matter how much my mom disapproves, she couldn't stop me from seeing him there.
2. It was the last day before summer break. After today, I'd have three months of freedom. That means less time at home, and more time with everyone else, especially Alex.

After I finished getting ready, I took a deep breath and went downstairs. I had no idea what'd be waiting for me. I didn't know how my mom felt about any of it. I didn't talk to her for the rest of the night. I had went upstairs, called Alex, took a shower, and went to sleep. Well, attempted to sleep.

I went down and headed straight for the kitchen to grab a bottle of water and a granola bar.
Breakfast of a champion.

I stopped as soon as I hit the doorway.

My mom was planted in front of the stove, cooking.

That's weird.
My mom doesn't cook.
She hardly EVER cooks.
She's a select chef, I guess you could say.

I live on a strict diet of ravioli, ramen noodles, and Dr. Pepper.

I coughed and she turned around, startled. "Good morning," she said, a little unsure of her words.
"Mhmm." I mumbled.
"I made some breakfast for you," she said, a bit more cheerfully.
"I see. What's the occasion? Is it 'I-Hate-Your-Boyfriend-Slap-In-The-Face' Day?" I said, harshly.

"Don't start. This is my start to apologizing. I made you a ham and cheese omelet, your favorite." she said.
"Golly gee, thanks mom!" My sarcastic tone did not amuse her.

"Stop, okay? I'm sorry about last night. I didn't mean to hit you, your words caught me off guard and took me by surprise, and I didn't mean it. That's the last thing I would ever try to do is purposely hit you. I never meant to. You're right, though. I am afraid of being alone. I don't want to lose you. I know Alex is a good kid. I've known since the day we moved here and he instantly became your friend. So, I'm sorry." she spat out.

"Thanks. I forgive you for hitting me." I said quickly.
"Now, here's the deal. I'm giving you my blessing. You can be with Alex." she said.

Wow, I didn't expect that.
"Seriously?" I asked, really excited.
"Yes. But listen now, when he breaks your heart, and I'm still pretty confident that he will, do not come crying to me. I tried to tell you, and I'm not gonna be the one to plaster a band-aid over your broken heart. Got it?" She said that part a bit more harsh than everything else.

"THANK YOU!" I leaped out of my chair, and ran to hug her. I didn't even care about the last part. I knew Alex wasn't going to break my heart.

I grabbed my stuff and ran out of the house. I was ready to get to school and tell Alex.

I got there a little early, so I had to wait until he got there.
After about 10 minutes, I saw him walk up with Jack.
I practically leaped at him.

"BABE. YOU'RE NEVER GOING TO BELIEVE WHAT HAPPENED." I yelled.
"Woah, calm down!" he was laughing.

"Okay okay sorry but do you remember last night when i called you because my mom and I had that fight and she hit me and all that??" I didn't even pause.
"Yes." he said.
"Well, this morning, she talked to me and apologized for everything, and then gave me her blessing to be with you." I said. I smiled.
A huge grin spread across Alex's face and he threw his fist in the air and yelled, "FUCK YEAH! PARENTAL ACCEPTANCE!"

He got a few weird stares from other students, but he was too busy jumping to even attempt to notice.

He picked me up and spun me around. I was laughing, and he sat me back down and kissed me.
"I knew she'd come around. All the parents love me. I'm Alex Fucking Gaskarth." he laughed.

"HA. Don't get too cocky yet, Gaskarth. She still doesn't like you, but she's willing to put up with you because she knows you make me happy, and that I wouldn't listen to her if she tried to stop me from seeing you. She's still gonna be a bitch towards you." I said.

"Well then, I'm gonna have to make her like me!" he said.
I couldn't control my laughter because my mom was literally the biggest uptight bitch ever. If he wanted her to like him, he'd have to jump through fucking flaming hula hoops and skydive out of an airplane over a body of water infested with sharks.

"Yeah, good luck with that," I said, not laughing anymore.
"You'll see. I'm gonna woo her," he said, smiling.

We walked into school and he walked me to my locker.
"I have to go get my book, but I'll see you when you get to English. Bye, beautiful." He kissed my cheek and walked off with Jack, towards his locker.

I smiled to myself, and thought about how lucky I was.
I opened my locker, and a folded piece of paper fell to the floor.
Ha, probably just a note from Alex. He's the best, I swear!

I unfolded it and read it to myself:
"Leave Alex alone. He doesn't want you. Bitches like you aren't welcome here, anyway. So, leave alone or I'll beat your fucking face in. ;) XOXO."

My stomach churned.
It wasn't even signed.
Maybe I wasn't so lucky, after all.
♠ ♠ ♠
see?
I'm getting better at updating.
What do you think is going to happen?
Who wrote the note?
Thank you to the people who commented! you guys rule. :D
I'm gonna try to update tomorrow.
Give me some thoughts! :D

-Haley. :)