‹ Prequel: Never Alone
Sequel: Stay
Status: Completed.

The Space Between

Something rebellious that you don't understand.

John ended up talking Jenna into staying for longer than she had prepared for. which she didn't mind simply because she missed being around him as much as he liked having her around.

"I'll be home in less than 2 weeks." John said between kisses as he cupped her face.

"It won't be that long." He whispered pulling the girl to his chest.

"It sure is going to feel like it."

He grinned his crooked grin that she loved, "Ok, it will seem longer, but in reality it won't be."

"Way to be positive."

He chuckled, "Someone has to be."

Jenna's flight was then called and she clung to the boy not sure if she wanted to even leave now.

"I'm glad you came out here, ladybug. I need to have you around. I'll see you soon. I love you." He said, kissing her softly.

"Love you."

"Go, before you miss your flight or I won't let you go."

"Ok." She raised up and kissed him before sprinting away.

He chuckled and shoved his hands in his pockets before heading back to the bus. They had stopped on the way to their next show to drop her off.

"You ok, man?" Kennedy asked patting his shoulder as he fell on the couch.

"Yeah, I'm fine."

"So everything is officially good in John and Jenna land?" Jared asked and John chuckled, "Yeah. It is, man. Probably better than it has been."

"Awe." Garrett chimed in causing John to roll his eyes and the boys to snicker.

"Whatever. You guys are just jealous."

"Not me my friend." Kennedy stated and Pat laughed, "That's because you are just as bad as him!"

Kennedy shrugged with a grin and John chuckled, "No, he's worse than me."

"Bullshit."

John grinned and shrugged, "Whatever you say."

John didn't care. He knew he was love struck to put it nicely. He had always been when around her he just accepted it and odd enough he was ok with it.

Jenna walked out of the airport glad to finally be back in Arizona. Kelsey of course was waiting outside for her and almost tackled the girl to the ground.

"Oh my gosh! I've been so bored without you! Don't ever leave me for that long!"

Jenna laughed, "I see that!"

Kelsey helped the girl put her stuff in the trunk and they got into the car quickly.

"Can we get food I'm starving!"

Jenna laughed, "Sure why not?"

"Also, you need to tell me about you and John. Is he an asshole or can I continue to be team John?"

"You can be team John. We all know he can't be an asshole."

Kelsey laughed, "Very true. Especially when you are involved. I'm glad everything is ok though."

"Me too."

Kelsey pulled up to a drive thru to get burgers and the girl ordered without asking Jenna what she wanted which caused Jenna to laugh, "Hope I wanted that."

"Well you always get the same thing."

Jenna laughed, "I'm so predictable I see."

"Kind of."

Jenna shook her head with a smile as the girl handed her the bag of food and they headed to her house.

"Ugh, this food stinks." Jenna mumbled making a sick face.

"What do you mean? It smells like burgers."

She shook her head furiously and Kelsey looked over at her.

"Are you ok?"

"No. Oh my gosh. Pull over." She said before covering her mouth with her hand. Kelsey swerved to the side and Jenna opened the door just in time to throw up.

"Are you ok?" Kelsey asked and Jenna groaned wiping the back of her hand over her mouth.

"Yeah. I think." She mumbled and Kelsey placed the bag of food in the back.

"I'll roll the window down. Are you feeling sick?" Kelsey asked as Jenna closed the door.

She shook her head no and Kelsey eyed her strangely not sure if she should ask this or not but she wasn't one to hold back, "Jen, when was your last period?"

"Right before..." She spoke cutting her self off with a gasp, "No. You don't think?"

Kelsey shrugged, "I mean I don't know how these things go..."

"Now that I think about it...I'm like...a week late."

"Well don't worry. I mean that can happen simply from stress."

Jenna breathed in, "Oh my god. Should I like, take a test or something?"

"It wouldn't hurt. Look. Let me get you home. I'll go buy one."

"Ok." Jenna breathed out as she tried to calm herself.

"Relax. It's probably nothing."

"Then why am I throwing up?!" Jenna was now in full blown panic mode. She couldn't help it.

"You could have food poisioning or something! It happens."

"Oh my god. John is going to flip." She said placing her head between her legs.

"Are you crazy?! He loves you. He'll be fine if you are."

"Oh god." She repeated as her eyes swelled with tears.

"Jenna. Relax." Kelsey said trying to calm her down as she sped to the girl's house.

Jenna didn't really think she'd act like this over something like this happening but then again, she always imagined it happening with Eric not John and she knew how Eric felt about everything so it made it so much easier.

"You're going to be fine. You can get through this, ok? Everything happens for a reason. Everything has led you here, so it must be right."

Jenna chuckled through her tears, "You seriously sound like Eric a lot."

"Yeah well maybe he made me say that so you could understand it's the truth!"

Jenna wiped her cheeks as she leaned back in her seat with a sigh.

"Relax. We don't know for sure so calm down."

Jenna simply nodded and once they got in her house Kelsey left without even eating to go buy a pregnancy test. Of course that meant all the girl did was pace the living room going over the worst scenarios in her head while sheu waited. What drove her more mental was how she didn't know how John would act. They had never discussed the whole kid thing and now she wished they had because she was scared to tell him if she was. If she wasn't she would most definitely bring that conversation up as soon as he got home.

"Ok, I got like 2!" Kelsey said entering the house causing Jenna to come to a stop.

"I might die if they are positive just a heads up."

Kelsey rolled her eyes, "Go." She responded holding out the bag. The girl breathed in before walking to the bathroom which felt like a walk to her death. Once she followed the instructions she sat the sticks on the counter and paced the bathroom.

"You ok?" Kelsey asked on the other side of the door and Jenna opened it quickly.

"I can't look. You look. I'm freaking out right now. Oh hey, have I mentioned how I'm not child friendly?"

Kelsey rolled her eyes and pushed her way into the room. Jenna groaned and leaned against the wall as her friend looked over the results.

"Um, well, maybe? Maybe not?" She said as she looked over the directions to be certain.

"What does that mean?!"

"It means one says yes and one says no!"

"Why didn't you get 3?!"

"Because I didn't think this would happen!"

Jenna whined and slid down to the floor.

"I'll go get like 3 more!"

"Oh my god. My life is over."

"Jenna relax! People have children all the time! Want me to call John?"

"What?! No!...no." She mumbled as her mind raced with what if's.

Kelsey sighed at her response, "Jen, if you honestly think he'll be mad then you need to think over a lot."

"I'll call Kennedy." She grumbled and the girl shrugged, "Fine. I'll be back."

She heard the front door shut and she took a deep breath before dialing Kennedy's number. Lucky for her he answered before she chickened out.

"Well hello little one, miss me already?" He asked and she spoke, "Kennedy. Who is around you right now?"

"No one. I'm walking to the venue. What's up?"

"I need your advice but I need you to keep it a secret. I didn't call Garrett because well, it's Garrett..."

"Ok..."

She breathed in to calm her nerves, "I think I'm pregnant."

The line went silent which made her even more nervous, "Ken?"

"Pregnant?" He managed to get out.

"Yes."

"Like as in, a baby with John?"

"Shh. Yes, as in that."

"Holy fuck, Jen. Are you sure?"

"I took two test and they said different things so Kelsey is out getting a few more."

"Fucking hell. John is going to literally flip his shit."

"That's what I'm worried about."

Kennedy sighed, "I didn't mean that in a bad way, sweetie. He loves you. He isn't going to be mad or anything just shocked as hell."

"We've just never talked about it and I mean, what if he doesn't want kids or something?"

"Jenna. Did you not hear me? He loves you. He would literally do anything for you. He's going to be fine with it."

"You sound so sure..."

"I am. So relax. Wait until you find out for sure and then call him. Either way I think this needs to be discussed."

"Ok. Promise you won't say anything?"

"I promise. Just calm down. Everything will be fine. Call me if you need to."

"Thanks Ken. You're awesome."

He chuckled, "Anytime."

She hung up with the boy feeling better than she thought she would and Kelsey walked back in not even ten minutes later.

"Kenny calm you down?" She asked noticing the girl actually acting more normal than before.

"Yeah. A little."

"Good. Now take this and see."

Jenna nodded and pulled herself from the floor.

This was it. This would determine if her life would be changed forever.

She honestly didn't know if she could handle another life changing situation just yet, but she guessed she had no choice in the matter just like with every other thing that has happened in her life.
♠ ♠ ♠
Anyone see THAT coming?! ;)

Thanks for commenng;
Dhfadhfa
Medicated Dreams
Hipsterism
Ginnygene
Dzsinidzsoni
hello.heather
Lovelyhope
A-Book-Of-You-And-Me
Myadvengedromance
:)