Status: Re-uploaded 29/09/2012. Paperback $15- http://www.lulu.com/shop/tristrum-rees/the-macabre-tales-of-young-edgar-paperback/paperback/product-20248115.html

The Macabre Tales of Young Edgar

Introduction

Image

Strange. Sinister. Secret. Scandalous.

These are all words which have been used to describe the now notorious Vile Affair of 1841.

Of course, by now the world is thoroughly acquainted with the rumours of subterfuge, misfortune, unnatural horror and scintillating romantic entanglement that surround a young man, orphaned and left entirely without family at the tender age of eighteen years. Many have praised his emerging talent. Still more have decried his relationship with his benefactor, the philanthropic Lord Edmund Vile, Viscount of Anchorage, condemning it as sinful and indecent.

An enormous body of skepticism surrounds the claims that have made Lord Vile and his protégé, and now heir, infamous. Was there really an eldritch horror at Anchor on the Hill? What was the real cause of the shipwreck of Friday 13 August, 1841? Are the accusations that Lord Vile dispatched his own family to be believed?

For the answers to these questions and more, you need not wait a moment longer!

The true story has been documented here, through the discovery of letters and poems from the involved parties, the exposition of stories by the titular Edgar McArbre, now a controversial author in his own right, and the inclusion of passages describing the interim events in vibrant, provocative and terrifying detail.

These last have been written with the consent of Lord Vile and Mister McArbre themselves, as well as with their creative input. It is this editor’s proud duty to announce that they are exclusive sources, and will be found nowhere else except in this volume.

Waste not another minute, for the hands of the clock tick ever closer to midnight!

A mystifying tale awaits you!

Tristrum Rees,

Editor of the Indigestible Digest

14 February, 1842

Image