‹ Prequel: Entanglement
Status: Active!

Engulfed

08.

Charlotte now understood why she felt someone following her; it was Azlynn. Sweet Azlynn with her mass of gleaming onyx black hair; her razor sharp cuspids covered with her slick saliva; her perfect tattoo accenting her already beyond lovely face. The tattoo was so real, so perfectly done that it made real rose droop and snakes drop dead. Her unearthly eyes supported her trim body and…

The wolf pup was slumped against Azlynn’s arm, breathing heavily. It had no understanding what it just went through, what it just survived. All his wounds and broken bones were healed, but the mental scars were just as devastating and longer lasting. The pup whimpered as it realized that a stranger was holding him.

Charlotte took a step forward, she wasn’t sure if it was to embrace Azlynn or to comfort the pup. “Watch the pelt, I wouldn’t want it falling,” Azylnn teased. Charlotte looked down for the first time realizing that she was indeed naked, except for the poor excuse of a pelt. However, she was embarrassed; her body seemed to respond eagerly to Azylnn’s comment, which only disgusted Charlotte more.

“Then how about you bring Forest over to me,” Charlotte suggested with a cheesy smile.

“No how about I turn around and let you get dressed then I can hand Forest over to you and all three of us can walk back to Lupus Lake,” Azylnn countered with a slight challenged.

Charlotte saw no reason to disagree with Azylnn’s logic. “Okay, but you don’t have to turn around if you don’t want to.” Charlotte looked down to drop her pelt and avoid Azylnn’s stare then remembered Forest. “Just cover Forest’s…Azylnn are you okay?” Azylnn’s jaw was slightly a jar in shock.

“You agreed with me. Is there something in the water up here or have you learned to use your brain?” Azylnn said with all seriousness. For some reason her comment really irritated Charlotte. There was no need to be mean.

Before Charlotte could come up with some catchy insult Azylnn turned around. Charlotte slumped realizing it was probably a good thing or else she would’ve said something. What if I would’ve upset her? I could never live with myself! Charlotte smacked herself as the thought ran through her head. Azylnn was her friend, not her master. Charlotte kept chanting it through her head like a personal mantra.

“Are you just going to stand there? Get dressed girl, Forest here is freezing!” Azylnn shouted causing Charlotte to jump, dropping her pelt. Still repeating her mantra and freezing her butt cheeks off, Charlotte opened her backpack and pulled out a pair of snug tan cargo jeans, a beige long sleeve wool t-shirt, a hooded tee shirt with a black tree on it, a pair of mid-calf lace up boots, and black gloves. It only took her a few minutes to dress, considering she had eight months of practice.

She got down on one knee to lace up her boots, when she heard mewing noises. She looked up, gasped and fell on her ass. Azylnn was looming over her like an angel of mercy.

“Here take the pup.” Azylnn had the pup by the scruff of his neck. “He won’t shut up, plus I think he would be more comfortable with you.” Charlotte opened her hands just in time to caught Forest. Right away Forest buried his head into her stomach, curling himself into a tiny ball. Slowly his trembling stopped and his breathing evened out.

“I didn’t say this before but thinks for saving him. I hate to admit this but I think Amanda would’ve killed him …if not for you.” Charlotte closed her eyes in disbelief and frustration. No matter how much she tried all she could think about was Azylnn. There was no relief. Here she was saying how close Amanda came to killing Forest and the only coherent thing running through her head was if Azylnn wears granny panties or...dear she think it…no panties at all.

An odd look suddenly covered Azylnn’s face followed by here taking a step back. “Charlotte I think all this fresh air is getting to your head. Now why don’t we return Forest to his pack and collect my team and let’s get out of here,” she said with an uneasy smile. “And once we’re miles away from this place we will come up with a plan to find your sister, save her from hell, and stop Ted. How about it?”

Granny or no panti… “I wish it was that easy.” Charlotte looked down. The first time since seeing Azylnn, she was able to think of something else.

“And how come?” She demanded.

“I don’t think Amanda just came up here to tell me she was pregnant.” Charlotte stood finally getting tired of having a cold ass. “I mean come on. Ted is smart he wouldn’t let my sister get away from him that easily and not only that but allow her to tell me she got pregnant when she is still a virgin. He wanted me to know, wanted you up here…” Forest whimpered at the mention of Amanda and Ted making Charlotte hug him close.

“But why? What in this frozen waste land could possibly be of any use to him?” Azylnn pondered aloud.

“I’m not sure but…” Charlotte was cut off by a loud howl. Her eyes went wide and her body started to tremble like a leaf. “Azylnn take Forest! I have to get away! I totally forgot!” Charlotte went to toss Forest to Azylnn but he grabbed onto her shirt with his mouth. “Forest! Not now! Azylnn is sweet she will take care of you.” Unfortunately he thought otherwise.

“Charlotte calm down.” Azylnn waved her hands. “Everything is f…”

“No it’s not. This is my only chance to get away. I knocked Drift out, I disobeyed him. Legally I’m his mate, who knows what he will do to me.” Charlotte was pacing frantically now trying to get Forest off of her.

“Charlotte what are you talking about?” Azylnn grabbed her by the shoulder stopping her erratic movements. “Andrew is your mate.”

“No I am,” a deep voice growled out. Charlotte whipped her head around. Jae stood in the front of Drift, Henry, and Ridge. All of them were wolfed out. Then out of nowhere a tiger lunged at Jae, teeth bared and claws drawn.