Status: Thank you for taking your time to open this!

The Farewell of the Ice Queen

The Ice Queens' Tale

Her wings each are twenty feet long, icicals hang from her ears as if she was wearing dimond earings that only a queen could afford. Her nails are white, and long. Her skin is pale, almost translucent. Her hair is long, and black. Her eyebrows curl up her forehead in graceful spirls.

She searches for those who curse the name of her mortal self, and don't believe in her. It says that even the Ice Queen didn't know her own power until ten years after the curse was laid on to her. You will know she is around when it feels as if a dementor is near, the wind will silent and the sound of angelic whispers will fill your ears. Only you yourself will hear it, she only visits when you are alone. When the whispers begin, the whispers will fallow the song of the nightingale, you will not know what to think. There is no counter spell for the Ice Queens' cursed greeting. Some say that the death is easy, painless even. Some say though, is that she inflicts the pain she felt when she was first cursed.

On cold wings, she comes in the middle of the night. Her whispers get louder, and less angelic. Your heart becomes heavy and stops beating the blood through your body and instead pushed a cold wind through your vains until all of your blood is ice, and your skin is drained of colors. The last of your blood to be aflicted pools in your eyes turning the plain white around your eyes in to a blood red, the color in your eyes turned to a ghostly white and where your tears should be, is drops of blood that freezes as soon as it touches the air...


"You don't believe that rubish do you, Potter?" Lily Potter looked up from the book of fairytales. Only to see a Slytherin girl staring down at her. Rosaline Malfoy, she was a seventh year Slytherin. She was the headgirl as well. "Well? Are you going to anwser me or not?" She asked as Scorpious Malfoy stepped up behind her.

"Leave her alone, Rose." He stated, pushing past her and in to the compartment and sitting next to Albus Potter.

Rosaline smirked, "Hm, I don't think I was talking to you Scorpious." She stated, crossing her arms. "Anwser my question, Potter."

"N-no, I don't think she is." Lily stammered, she was only a forth year while her brother Albus was a sixth year and her oldest brother James was a seventh year.

"That book is full of rubish, you shouldn't even bother reading it." Rosaline stated. "No need to fill your head with little pieces of rubish."

"Is there something wrong?" Rosaline jumped slightly, turning to see the professor of muggle studies. Hermione Weasley standing behind her.

"Not at all, Professor." The students replied.

Hermione nodded, "Hm, I thought I heard talking about the Ice Queen." She stated, raising her eyebrows.

"You did Professor, I was telling Ms. Potter not to get all worried about the Ice Queen, she isn't real." Rosaline stated, crossing her arms.

Hermione thought for a moment, "I didn't believe in the Ice Queen either until my sixth year at Hogwarts-"

"Professor, she isn't real." Rosaline stated, getting frustrated. "It's just a childhood tale."

Hermione sighed, "Take a seat, I think it's best you all know what is and isn't true." Hermione stated, Rosaline eyed the women as if she had gone completely mad. Hermione Weasley looked at Rosaline and waited for the pale skinned blonde to take a seat in the compartment.

"Professor, are you saying this is true?" Lily Potter asked, as Albus Potter moved next to her to allow the two blonds to sit next to eachother and Hermione Weasley sat next to Rosaline.
Hermione thought for a moment, looking for the right words to say. "Somewhat..."

"Professor, not to be rude. But please, get on with it." Rosaline groaned, "I've got to finish my rounds on the train."

"You had enough time to bother Lily, you have enough time to listen." Scorpious retorted, Rosaline glared at him.

Albus snickered, "Anyways," Hermione said, clearly changing the subject. "The Ice Queen wasn't fake."

"Wasn't?" Lily asked immeditly. "What do you mean professor? From what I read about her in Antient Myths', she was immortal." Lily explained, holding her myths book on her lap.

"And that is all she is, a myth." Rosaline stated, crossing her arms.

Hermione chuckled, "The Ice Queens real name is Rosaline Peverell." She stated sirously.

Lily nodded egarly, "I've read that too, they say that the curse that she had was the reason that every other Peverell was thought to be cursed." Lily stated, "They say that she was the reason that the Peverell brothers died as well, she didn't want the curse to continue."

Hermione smiled, nodding. "Very good, Lily." She smiled, "But that is not entirly true."

"Professor, this is rubish. The Ice Queen isn't real!" Rosaline exclaimed, looking to her brother and then the Potters. "Oh merlin, you can't believe this rubish!"

"Shut your mouth, Rose. Let Professor Weasley finish!" Scorpious exclaimed, glaring at Rosaline.

"Well, I won't be sitting around to listen to the rest of this complete rubish!" Rosaline exclaimed, standing up from her seat. "And I suggest you do the same!" Rosaline stated, as she then stormed out of the compartment.

"At last," Scorpious smiled, "elbow room." He sighed, as he tured to the others.

Lily looked to Hermione, waiting patiently. Albus sat, half listening. He thought it was just as much rubish as Rosaline did.

"Well, Professor, won't you continue?" Lily asked, her red hair pulled back in a ponytail. It usually fell loosly in front of her eyes which stared at Hermione Weasley. "Did you know the Ice Queen?"

Hermione looked out the window, she seemed to be gazing out at something. The three Hogwarts students looked for what it was she was looking at, but saw nothing. All they saw was the big snow flakes that fell on to the trees, they were on their way home for Holiday. "I suppose we have a few more hours until we get to Kings Cross..."

Scorpious and Lily smiled, Albus waited patiently. Still not believing all that much of it. "Oh Professor, please get on with it!" Lily pleaded, it was torture for her hearing Hermione just avoid starting to tell them the truth about the Ice Queen.

Hermione sighed, "The Ministry has order not to let the whole story of the war be told to any students. Only the Order, and your father," She said motioning to Albus and Lily. "your father," she said, motioning to Scorpious. "and myself and Ron know about it all."

"You mean the Ministry won't allow anyone to know the true story about what happen?" Albus asked, raising his eyebrows.
Hermione shook her head, "But if the three of you won't mind hearing the story of horcruxes, and you-know-who­ again...maybe even a longer version of it."

Lily grinned, her heart skipping a beat. "Oh please just tell us!" She pleaded.

Hermione sighed, "Well, what do you all know about her already?" Hermione asked, knowing if she had to explain more than just what had really happened. "Albus?" She asked, trying to involve Albus.

He thought for a moment, "Well- uh...she accused people of being a witch...then...then John Slytherin put a curse on her and her family." He said, as they all listened carefully.

Hermione nodded, "The curse wasn't supposed to make her immortal, it was meant to be a curse that made her admit what she had done. But she used it for-"

"Killing people, making people fear her. Right?" Scorpious asked, Hermione nodded.

"She didn't always feel that way." Hermione stated, "Infact, she actually went after those who inflicted pain on others. She was hundreds of years old, she watched the wizarding world become ruins and then build itself back up...never as good as it was the time before."

"Doesn't that make her even more evil?"

"She is anything but evil, Mr. Malfoy." Hermione stated, she almost snapped in a shocked tone. "If you were cursed for all of eternity I think you might be a little upset too."

"She wanted people to feel the way she felt?" Lily asked.

Hermione nodded, "Do you know the old rhyme from the tale, Lily?"

Lily nodded, "On cold wings, she's coming. You better keep moving. For warmth you'll be longing. When she embraces, your heart turns to stone. She comes at night when you are all alone. And when she whispers, your blood shall run cold. You better hide before she finds you. Whenever she hears raging, she takes a life away. She covers the earth with a breathtaking cloak, the sun awakes and melts it away." Lily recited, as if she was reading it from a book. Lily smiled, it was clear that she had practiced that rhyme many times. "I've been reading about her for a long time." Lily explained briefly. "So what you are saying as that she wasn't all that bad?" Lily then asked, Hermione nodded.

"She still isn't." She sighed, as she crossed her legs. "Well, sit back. The story isn't short..."