Yesterday.

I Feel Fine.

I put my arm around Anna, and rested my head on her shoulder. She seemed unusually uptight. It wasn’t right for her. I mean, I was just getting to know her, but usually she was happy and smiling.

“Anna.” I sang into her ear, “What seems to be the matter?”

She shrugged, “nothing, John. It’s your birthday!” She smiled, and leaned down and kissed my cheek. I grinned and made a funny face.

“You don’t say, Lassie!” I picked her up and swung her on my lap, tickling her on the way. She giggled insanely. She was unbelievably amazing. I felt like the luckiest bastard in the world, just to hold her.

“I do say, Mr. Lennon. Now, you’re a respectable man, and that kind of behavior is unacceptable.” Her face was flushed red, and her hair had flung everywhere around her. I wanted to lean down and kiss her now, with her head resting in my lap, as it was, but she would probably slap me.

She looked like she was asking for it, though. Like, usually she leans her head away, like she’s scared. But today, she had a strange fire in her eyes, like she wanted me as much as I wanted her. Impossible.

Everyone was ignoring us, but it was just the normal crowd. Our liddypool friends, George, and Ringo. No one special. Paul was going to get her soon. I expected a black eye instead of a gift from him, but I didn’t really care. Nothing he can do could bring me down. Well, most things. Some things he could do, but he’s not bright enough to do them.

“John…!” Anna wined, intertwining her hands in mine, and smiling. I pursed my lips, and smiled back.

Suddenly, the door swung open. Paul walked in, and the room became dead silent. Everyone just stared at him, and he stared at me, and I stared at him, and Anna stared at him, and then he stared at Anna, then me again.

“And?” He glared at everyone else, and walked in, over to us.

Anna sat quickly, but I put my arms around her waste, protectively.

“Yes, Lennon? You wanted to speak?”

“Yes.”

“Then let’s go somewhere-“

“No. The rest of my guests can hear this.” I straightened my back defiantly, and puffed out my chest.

“What kind of stick was shoved up your arse?”

Everyone’s eyes grew, including his, but I stayed perfectly calm.

“How about you?” He snarled back.

I let go of Anna and stood up, crossing my arms, and leaning in, glaring with all my might. The tension could have been cut with a knife. Everything was still dead quiet.

“A rod, actually, been there since birth.” I stated, raising an eyebrow, “and you had to ask?”

“Yes, actually.” He glared again. His glare was cutting me with daggers, as was mine, I was sure.

We both stood there, our faces just a foot apart, giving each other death glares.

“What about you, McCartney? You seem like something else has been shoved up your ass. Like, maybe, a live horse? Something bigger, with claws?”

He didn’t answer.

A minute later, I heard a strange noise. It was like a scratching. I looked around, but the source was coming from Paul. He was standing there with wide eyes, and his hand over his mouth. Something was odd about him.

Suddenly, his face turned red, and he burst out laughing. He was laughing so hard, that I thought he might explode. Then, I felt a rumbling in my stomach as well, as a few giggles escaped my lips. I snorted, and we both were in fits of laughter. He fell to the ground, rolling as his body quivered with his insane laughter. I fell next to him, doing the same, grabbing my stomach and gasping for air.

Everyone just stared at us, including Anna.

“Well… how about some drinks?” Ringo announced over our loud giggle fest. Everyone nodded, and walked over to the bar, leaving us two alone.

“Woah…” I finally breathed, staring at the ceiling, “I thought you hated me.”

“I do.” Paul said, trying to keep a strait face, but succumbing to snickers again. He leaned over and patted my chest with his hand, still laughing. I was kind of giggling, but more confused than anything.

“What the-“

“Don’t get me wrong, John. Right now I want to smash your face in. But… Ha… I don’t know. I just love you too much, ya’ bugger!”

I started laughing hard again. Suddenly, I remembered this is what happened every single time we got into a fight. We were so different, but no one understood each other as well. We were perfect best friend material.

“I know… haha…I thought I was going to have to slap some sense into you, son!”

He nodded, “yeah, same. Wow…”

I stood up, using the wall for support as I gasped for air. I hadn’t laughed that hard since last time we were in an argument.

“Well… happy birthday John.” He said, patting my back, and hugging me. I hugged back, giving him too quick pats, and then walked into the kitchen.

Best birthday present ever.

Everyone ignored us as we entered. They must have grown used to how odd we were. Anna was leaning against the counter with George and speaking in hushed tones. George, for the first time since he arrived at the pub, wasn’t smiling. He was nodding, and looked dead grave. Anna looked as if she was about to cry. I glanced at Paul, and he seemed to know exactly what was going on.

“Huh?” I looked at him and motioned towards them.

He shrugged, his cheeks glowing pink, and walked over to Ringo. I sighed, and walked over to Anna, putting my arm around her narrow shoulders. She jumped a bit at my presence, and George got wide eyed.

“So, what’s this conversation about?”

“Nothing.” They said in unison, and I blinked.

“Then it’s obviously something. Why don’t you tell-“

“It’s complicated. I’ll tell you later.” She kissed my cheek quickly, gave George a weird look, and walked away.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'd like to thank selene_moon_stone and rainbow_27 for being my best readers EVER!

see, now you were both mentioned in author's notes. haha.

you guys know I'm pretty much only writing this story for myself and you, right? :] xoxo