Yesterday.

You're Gonna Lose That Girl.

I sighed deeply, pressing my cig out in the went concrete, and putting my head in both of my hands, groaning.

To follow, or not to follow. To try to get her, or not to try and get her. That, was definitely the question. I mean, even over this part year, you’d expect it to get better, right? It didn’t. It worsened. Now, I was almost stark raving MAD I was so in love with her. I’d die for her. I’d kill for her… I’d do anything for her. I’d do anything just to have her. Anything.

I had to follow her. I had to try. I’d burst in, and go “Anna! I love you.”

No, no no no. “Anna, please. I’m better for you than John. Please…”

No! Too sissy-like. I sighed. Maybe I’d just see what happens when I get there. I’d have to say something. I heard George and Ringo whispering about John wanting to tie the knot. Once it was tied, I couldn’t sever it. But if it wasn’t tied, I could cut the person who WAS tying it’s hand off, right? Good enough.

She’s refuse me in the end, I knew, but I couldn’t not try. I was head over heels.

I stomped over to my car, and leaped in, starting to drive. I ended up driving a little too fast. Before I knew it I was down the street from John’s house. I parked about half a block away, and got out of my car. The moment my feet hit the ground, a drop of rain hit my head. My eyes grew. Oh, what a great sign of success.

I laughed to myself as the buckets, and buckets started smashing down on my head.

My hair instantly stuck to my face. I pushed it back. I probably looked like I had sex hair, I could feel it everywhere. My smile disappeared when I remembered my cause. I bit my lip, and started walking.

I looked up from my feet when I reached his house. It felt odd. He had a new house, it wasn’t like I was sneaking around to the back, just so Mimi wouldn’t chase me out with a broom.

I walked right up to the door, my eyes narrowed with determination, and I held up my fist, swinging it back and……. Stopping.

I couldn’t do it. I tried again, nothing. I sighed.

What else could I do? Suddenly, I heard yelling. It was defiantly John, and Anna? I’d never heard he angry before… wait. She wasn’t angry. Scared? Fear?

My eyes grew, as I quickly jumped his fence and ran to the back of the house. Damn, all of his windows were feet off the ground. I grabbed a tree, and began to slowly climb up it. One of his windows was propped open on his third floor. Rain was still pouring, and me, being afraid of heights, was shaking at the same pace as the splattering water. I finally reached the branch that the window was positioned next to, and I crawled across it.

Almost there.

Crack

I gasped loudly, and leaped in the window, just as the unsteady piece of lumber tumbled to the ground below.

I plopped myself on John’s bed, not caring how wet, muddy, and tired I was. I was shaking like crazy now, trying to hold back tears.

All I could see when I closed my eyes was myself, five years old, standing on the edge of a 30 foot well with my little brother. His hands shoving me in, me falling, all the way into the water at the bottom, and being trapped down there for 4 hours, treading water.

Was she worth all of this? Was she worth awakening all of my fears, risking my life? Was she worth it?

…Yes. She was.

I stood, keeping my hands on the bed for balance, so I didn’t fall, or pass out or anything.

Breath, Paul. Breath I kept telling myself, Just breath.

I finally gained all of my composure, my heart rate returning to normal. I slid out of John’s room, closing the door lightly behind me. I heard more screaming.

I followed the trail of sound downstairs, behind a closed door.

I pressed my ear against it, listening closely.

“You’re such a little…”-hick-“slut.”

“Why John? Why?”

“Because you are!”

“John, please.”

This was it, this needed to stop.

I took a deep breath, and opened the door just in time to see John’s hand fly across Anna’s pale, beautiful, angel face. She flew back, and hit a wall.

“No.” I whispered, “NO.” I screaming, running in and punching John in the face as hard as I could. He stepped back and hit the table that was sitting behind him. He smiled.

“You don’t TOUCH her, you don’t TALK to her, you don’t LOOK at her.”

I waked over, and screamed each important word with a punch to the jaw. I wanted to destroy his face. I wanted him to not exist anymore.

“Paul!” Anna screamed from somewhere in the distance.

“You don’t even THINK about her.” I finished, kicking him in the stomach. He toppled over to the ground, coughing.

“Paul!” Anna said, running over and grabbing my arm. I ripped it out of her hands, and glared down at John. He looked up at me, his hand cupping his now bleeding lip, and smiled.

Smiled!?

“She’s mine.” He laughed, standing up again. “She’s MINE.” I felt a fist slam into my face, and I fell down to the floor. I felt someone straddle me, and knock my face in. I tried to push him off, but he was lots stronger than me. Then he started punching my stomach.

I started coughing insanely.

“She’s mine, do you hear? MINE.” He was screaming, his face inches from mine.

“Not anymore.” I heard a small voice whisper. We both turned to look.

Anna was standing there, tears flowing down her face, her expression unreadable.

“Anna?” John whispered, “Anna, no.”

“C’mon, Paul.” She whispered, grabbing my hand and yanking me up. I cowered over my stomach, still coughing, my breaths weezy. I looked up, to see John’s lip and nose bleeding, a yellowish bruise forming around his eye and cheekbone. I smiled, I had hurt him. Good.

“Anna.” John said, holding his hand out as if he expected her to grab it. She stared at it, and grabbed my shoulders.

“Bye, John.” She said, pulling me outside.

“Did you take your car?” She asked, her tone stiff and small.

I nodded, and pointed to it.

I covered my mouth with my hand as we began walking over to the car. I took it off, and noticed a thick. Red liquid coating my palm. I closed my eyes and cringed.

She saw it too, and pulled me into the backseat of my car, sliding in beside me.

She then leaned over a seat into the front, pressing the keys into the ignition, and turning it once, so the heater would click on. I felt warm again. I sighed.

“Here.” She said, pulling me out of my soaking wet coat, then starting to unbutton my shirt.

“What are you doing?” I stuttered, my teeth chattering. She didn’t respond.

She yanked off my pants so I was in nothing but my boxer briefs. My eyes grew. She looked up and caught my eye, sighing.

“I need to get you out of these soaking clothes, you’ll catch something.”

Realization spilled all over my expression, a slight blush forming, then turning into a big blush.

My face was literally cherry red. I tried to hide it by swishing my head, and splattering my wet hair over my face.

Anna shook her head, and almost smiled, but kept her face serious, as she yanked off her own coat and wrapped it around me.

“Here.” She muttered, picking my drenched white shirt back up and dabbing my face with it. I had no clue what my face looked like, but I was guessing I looked pretty miserable.

She pressed the cold fabric against my eyebrow, and I squirmed a little, cringing.

“Ow.” We said at the same time, hers out of sympathy, mine out of pain.

We both smiled, and started laughing a little.

“Here.” She dabbed the towel against my forehead again, and I flinched.

She smiled, and leaned over me, pressing her lips to the soar spot. It didn’t hurt, or at least, I didn’t know if it did. I was on cloud nine.

A spur of something started rumbling in the pit of my stomach, and I grabbed her chin gently, and brought her lips down to meet mine. I half expected to feel her hand across my face, but all I felt was the softest lips I had ever felt. This kiss was much better than the last one. This one was so soft… so… wanted.

We stayed like this for a while… I didn’t know how long, It could have been forever.
♠ ♠ ♠
hmmm. :]

tell me what you think.

p.s. glad you guys are back.