Yesterday.

She's got a Ticket to Ride.

Ringo didn’t ask any questions as he set me in my car. I slammed the door in his face, really not in the talking mood, and slammed the keys into the ignition, driving away as fast as I possibly could. I could feel tears streaming down my face as I looked at Abbey Road studios in the rearview mirror. In only two minutes, my entire life, everything I knew and trusted had fallen to pieces.

I took a few intakes of air, and blocked the grotesque image of Paul and that other woman out of my head. Then, my thoughts turned to what I was going to do.

leave’. I had to. I had to get out while I could. Somewhere far away. Somewhere where he wouldn’t know.

Once I reached our house, I ran inside, quickly tossing all of my belongings into the suitcase. I tore the room apart, chucking his clothes everywhere. It gave me a sense of revenge. Once I was done packing fully, I slid his ring off of my finger and set it on the kitchen table, right next to the keys to his house.

He could take it all.

I took about 500 pounds out of our savings box, and then ran back outside, and started driving.

My first instinct was to go to the airport… I would fly to… Spain. Or France… somewhere that doesn’t remind me of him at all.

But then I realized I had one more place to go.

I pulled up to John’s house. It was considerably smaller than Paul’s, with no gate. The darkness made it look a little creepy. But, I ignored it, and trudged right up to the door. I knocked twice, and then looked down at my feet. I knew that there was probably make-up spilled down my face, but I didn’t care.

After a couple of minutes, he finally opened it. His hair was a mess, and he still had sleep in his eyes. He was clad in his argyle pajamas. Normally I would have snorted a laugh.

“Ann? What the hell’s going on? Do you have any idea what time it… Ann?” He stopped reaching up to wipe some smeared makeup off of my face, “Ann what’s wrong?”

“Paul…” I stopped, taking a deep breath, “I caught Paul with another woman… I’m leaving.”

His eyes grew, and he stared at me, not knowing what to say.

“Ann…” He started, but I cut him off.

“And, I need you right now. I need someone. I’m going away… forever.”

“Forever?” He repeated, his eyes shining with disbelief and shock. I nodded.

“Forever.”

“Where?” I shook my head.

“I don’t know.”

He took my hand and lead me in, sitting me down on the couch.

“Paul… god. What a fucker.”

I nodded, “You think I don’t know that, John?”

He smiled a little bit, sighing. “Maybe if…” He stopped. I waited for him to finished, but he didn’t.

“Maybe if what?”

He shook his head.

“No, John. What?”

“Maybe if I hadn’t been so cruel to you. You know that’s not me, Ann. Stay with me.”

I stared at him for a while, and then looked down.

“John…”

He leaned in and pressed his soft lips against mine, holding them there for a while.

“Anna.” He broke the kiss, looking me in the eye, “Anna Elizabeth Kingston… stay with me. Forever.”

I didn’t answer, I just looked back down at his lips, and kissed him again, but more passionately.

Before I knew what was happening, he was carrying me up to his room, and my shirt was off, and I was working on his belt.

The rest was a blur, but a beautiful blur at that.

I woke up in his arms. He looked so peaceful, so content… just sleeping. I smiled a bit at him, and then checked the clock. It was 5:00 in the morning.

I slid out from his grasp, slid into my clothes, and sat down next to him, moving some of his hair out of his face. I smiled at him a little bit, leaning down to kiss his lips one more time. He didn’t move.

I sighed, and ran out as fast as I could.

I caught a plane from Liverpool to Paris. It was the soonest flight, and I’d always wanted to go there abroad.

I tried to forget about them. Paul, John, George, and Ringo. I tried, but it’s harder than it seems when their faces are plastered everywhere.

“La Beatles!”

I got a job working at a small restaurant as a waitress, and lived in a hotel room. It was a stark difference from Paul’s mansion. I returned to my life before I had become friends with any of those four boys.

I started feeling funny about two weeks after I left. I thought I had come down with the flu, but I didn’t have a fever.

Then, it dawned on me; I was pregnant.
♠ ♠ ♠
one more.