Status: COMMENTS = UPDATES

Dragons and Wolves

Chapter 20

I didn't really bother reformatting it for Mibba since this site is where this story gets the least amount of traffic. Links to wattpad and fanfiction.net on the bottom (where it's called Chapter 19 since I combined two chapters on the other sites)
------

“That’s amazing!” Rickon exclaimed, “How did you do it?”
“I wouldn’t suggest it, Rickon, you’re only supposed to take the minds of weak animals or your house animal,” Bran sighed, “Dragons are incredibly strong willed.”
Val coughed back a chuckle, “Something your brother Jon here is well aware of.”
The room got incredibly quiet.
“Val,” Jon growled.
“I know, I know, this is another one of those times where a serious discussion is going on and I ruin it with jokes, raven received, I’ll attempt to remain quiet,” Val growled back at him.
“So unbeknownst to the King, you were feeding the dragons your blood to make your more capable of taking their minds, the King eventually found out who you were, was going to ransom you to us but you escaped in the mind of a dragon and brought Arya’s friend Gendry here as well as Myrcella Baratheon?” Jon asked.
“Myrcella Lannister,” Sansa chimed in, “Joffrey’s sister, the child of the late Cersei Lannister and her twin brother.”
“Yes, yes, Sansa, we know the story but I believe she still goes by her Baratheon name,” Bran explained.
Arya laughed, “Which probably isn’t smart knowing Queen Daenerys and probably Aegon as well, has a hatred for any and all of Robert Baratheon’s kin.”
“Let’s not forget Lord Tywin gave the kill-order for Queen Daenerys’ family,” Sansa whispered, a smile playing at her rosy lips, “when she took King’s Landing, she was quite vicious to the Lannisters in return, I wonder which family is the lesser of two evils in our dragon queen’s eyes?”
The siblings nodded, Arya turned to smile at Gendry but found his face was pale white.
“Is our talk of warging and politics making you uncomfortable?” Arya asked the blacksmith.
“Tis still a strange concept even to me,” Sansa smiled, “I’m sorry if we’ve made you uncomfortable Master Gendry.”
Gendry shook his head, “No, it’s not that, I’m sure that I’m just a bit pale from my travels via dragon claw.”
Bran chuckled nervously, using his five fingered hand to scratch the back of his head, “I must apologize again for that.”
“Bran, why did you grab Myrcella and Gendry?” Arya asked, “You seemed shocked to find out their identities.”
“Well, you’d think I was mad if I told you,” Bran gave his sister a grim smile.
“After everything we’ve been too, I’m surprised the lot of us haven’t been committed,” Sansa whispered, placing her hand over Bran’s injured one, “Especially you, you’ll find no judgment from us.”
“Mother’s apparition comes to me in my dreams, she showed me the stars that would be over the Greywater and told me where to find Master Gendry and Lady Myrcella, she didn’t tell me why or who they are but that it was of the utmost importance to bring them.”
Everyone watched Bran, Jon folded his hand under his chin and gave his half-brother a pensive look, “That’s quite curious, you see, your mother visits me also. And she is not my only visitor.”
--
Aegon sat in his Iron Throne, eyes closed in comfort as his subjects greeted him with their concerns. Nothing of their countenance could perturb him from his boredom, the people of King’s Landing were boring as they were stupid.
He let his King’s Hand, another faceless King’s Landing individual in the form of a diplomat, handle the issues, knowing Aegon’s stance on things and what consequences would come if he deviated from them even but hair’s width.
Nothing could knock him from his reverie until she walked in.
She was beautiful.
Not in the way of his aunt, all silvery and pale. This woman was gold and bronze, a walking beam of sunlight. Her skin was olive and despite its dark cast, freckles decorated her nose and high cheekbones, her eyes were dark and her golden circlet that dipped to the middle of her forehead gave them a fiery cast, wild and dark curls framed her face and twisted around her torso to the small of her back like black fire.
“Arienne Martell, ruling Princess of Dorne, Lady and Protectress of Sunspear to see King Aegon Targaryen, sixth of his name,” She was announced and Aegon’s heart fluttered, his cousin and also one of his aunt’s staunchest supporters.
His hand began to speak but Aegon gestured for him to be quiet with his hand, he smiled at the woman, “Aw, my cousin, I was wondering when my Martell family would make an appearance, I knew you sent a few of our bastard cousins into my aunt’s keeping but I couldn’t wait to see the likes of you. Why did you not tell me you were coming? I would’ve set up a special meeting.”
She gave him a jaw dropping smile, that dripped with malice, “I came to inquire about Queen Daenerys and the injustices you subjected her too.”
Aegon wanted to laugh, injustices? He had tried to kill her but only succeeded in capturing two of her dragons and killing her Dothraki, “I attempted to be diplomatic but the woman was stubborn, even in the laws of Dorne, she had no hold on this throne, I am older than her, therefore this throne is mine. Why you still support her, I know not. You’re relation to her, is through my mother.”
“That has yet to be seen, I would love to believe you are Aegon, son of our beloved Elia but I have seen no evidence of this. You have the coloring and you have a sword but we have all seen the queen and her dragons, they only obey the blood of the dragon and whispers have reached Dorne of you having to keep the chained, that they refuse to obey you.”
“They obey my aunt because she has raised them since they were hatched, if I had them that long they would submit to me as well, now I have more pressing matters to discuss with you, I believe you were secretly betrothed to my uncle Viserys when he was the Targaryen heir to the Iron Throne?”
Arienne laughed, a beautiful but cruel sound, “Are you suggesting I attach myself to you now?”
“Is the suggestion so funny? Is that anyway to speak to your king?” Aegon grit his teeth.
“My king? You poor misguided boy, you’re not my king, Dorne will have nothing to do with the Iron Throne until Queen Daenerys whereabouts are known and we are certain she is unharmed, I will await your raven,” Arienne gave him one last devastating smile before turning on her heal and walking nearly out of the hall.
She turned back over her shouder, “One last thing, do you know the whereabouts of Myrcella Baratheon, she travelled to your court two moons ago, my brother has not heard from her.”
--
Jon sighed, “So it is done, are these all the things we have been keeping from each other?”
“Aye,” Arya nodded, looking to Bran.
Bran looked down and his hands then back up, “Aye.”
Jon turned to Sansa, “You’ve been quiet these last couple minutes, do you have anything you need to get off of your chest?”
Sansa shook her head, her delicate hands clenched together in her lap, “No, nothing.”
“Good, now that that is settled we need to come up with a solution to our Myrcella Baratheon problem,” Jon sighed, running his fingers through his dark curls, he slumped in his chair slightly.
“Problem, she’s the last of the bloody Lions, a helpless scarred girl, we should be worried about protecting her from the dragoness, she may not be a Baratheon by blood but she is by name,” Bran growled.
Sansa shook her head, “No, the situation is more complicated, she’s betrothed to Trystane Martell, the younger brother of Princess Arianne, ruler of Dorne. Dorne may concede to the firstborn child regardless of gender but most of Westeros only recognizes the first born male as heir, if Prince Trystane allies himself with Aegon, he could easily usurp his sister and Aegon would have a strong ally in Dorne.”
She met Jon’s eyes, “If that happens, they may outnumber us, we won’t be able to take them in battle.”
Val let out a loud laugh, “Let them march on us then! Those southerners will freeze before they make it past Moat Cailin, not one of them would make it to Winterfell let alone Castle Black.”
Arya grinned, “And if they do we have four dragons at the wall, if they don’t freeze they’ll burn.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Now posted on Wattpad as well as Fanfiction