Status: Ideas come in spurts. Slow...

One Day, Robots Will Cry

G-A-B-E Gonna Get You High

Most of the day, William and Gabe lied there half-asleep watching TV until William decided to search the kitchen for food. He came up short with chips and dip. What a healthy breakfast he'd thought to himself.

By one o'clock, Gabe had fallen back asleep completely and William decided the next day he would bring his guitar. There was nothing worth watching on TV except family court until Dr. Phil came on. By that time, Gabe had woken up and insisted on watching something else. They flipped through the channels and ultimately decided Dr. Phil was the best thing on. It was about one of those crazy religious cults that kept their families locked up and they raped and abused the children.

Gabe had the nerve to, of course, make a joke about religion in general. He said his religion was the church of hot addiction. William rolled his eyes and tried not to laugh.

Three o'clock rolled around much to quickly for William's taste, only because he hated his step-mother and knew her restaurant would be opening very soon and she would probably force him to work there. At least it would be a form of money and she couldn't not pay him, could she?

With a whole new worry, William returned home to find no one there. All his worries for this day were over. He quickly went to his room and started writing.

He came up with a new batch of lyrics:

Close the door and take the stairs,
Up or down, ups and downs,
Don't pretend you've never been there.
You kiss me like an over dramatic actor,
Who's starving for work,
With one last shot to make it happen.

You won the role, you've played your part,
You've been cordially invited,
But I'm not impressed,
And I'm definitely not excited.
Cause the film runs a shallow budget,
And the writer's subject script isn't any deeper.
So dive right in...


He was proud of himself for the amount of actual poetry he was able to conjure lately. It probably had a lot to do with Gabe, but he pretended it didn't. He was trying to distance himself from the infatuation he had with Gabe before. He was writing much more romantic sounding lyrics, I suppose. These actually sounded a little less squishy?

Tuesday was no more eventful then Monday. Except William had his guitar and the two sang 'Billy Jean' by Michael Jackson, briefly 'Start Me Up' by the Rolling Stones and a shit load of Nirvana.

"Why is it that everyone who ever plays guitar in their life, ever, know how to play Nirvana?" Gabe said laughing.

"One, Nirvana has a wide selection of easy and hard and two, they're awesome," William said.

Gabe shrugged, "I happen to love Nirvana."

William smiled, "See we have things in common."

"We both like Nirvana, wow," Gabe said flatly.

"At least I'm being optimistic for once," William said crossing his arms.

"Yes, for once."

William rolled his eyes. Of course, Gabe would be acting this way. At least the detachment would be easier this way.

"So, when are you going to let me read the rest of that notebook," Gabe said grinning.

"Never," William smiled back.

Gabe looked slightly disappointed, "Fine then, I'll never let you read any of my poetry."

"I didn't even know you wrote poetry..." William said.

"Eh, it's more of a collection of goofy rhymes...but whatever..." Gabe said shrugging, "You'll never be able to see them though."

William sighed heavily, "Fine, but since you already read some of mine, I get to read some of yours before I let you read anymore of mine."

Gabe rolled his eyes, "Ugh, fine..." He bent over the side of his bed and picked up a shoebox out from under it. "You are witnessing something no one else has ever before," Gabe said opening the box, "This is my secret box with all my secret things in it."

Quietly, William snickered. Gabe handed him two sheets of paper. One read:

Empty Like the Ocean

Make my body motion, yeah the night is young.
Open like the ocean, cold and numb.
Dance until the sweat forms on your face.
It won't take long to flush the poisons.

I don't care where you come from,
If it's awful there.
All of us are alone...
I forget where I come from,
And I don't care.

So what's wrong? I think too much.
I don't want to fuck you, I don't want to touch.
I just want to fill you with regret,
I've said it all before, it's pointless.

I don't care where you come from,
If it's awful there.
All of us are alone,
I forget where I come from.
What I'm doing here...
It's so redundant.


"Gabe," William said, "you're absolutely amazing."

Gabe laughed, "Please, save your sarcasm."

"No, really that was great," William hyped. He began reading the next page:

Like a Movie

Tried to forget about,
Living a good life.
Free of positions,
Make her feel vulnerable.
She's loved and she's lost,
She failed in the call,
She seeks to find the answer, now.

Woke up today around 6 in the morning,
Violently shaking, remembering what he once saw.
He bared it alone,
So he carried on,
He seeks to find the answers for...

The reasons his life did not turn out...
More like a movie
He's trying to forget it all.

He tries to erase,
He tries to replace,
How it feels, but I...
Know he can never go home.
He tries to erase,
He tries to replace,
How it feels, but I...
Know he can never go home...


"Gabe, I had no idea you could actually write," William said.

"What a compliment," Gabe said smiling.

"I'm 100% serious, I love these!" William said excited.

Gabe took the papers back and put the into the box, "Yeah well, that'll be the end of reading them until I read more of your stuff."

"No way!" William said, "Yours is actually something. Mine is more like a journal or something..."

Gabe crossed his arms, "Too bad."

William pouted.

"Not gonna work this time, niƱo," Gabe said laughing.

William laughed too. After the two stopped laughing, William furrowed his eyebrows, "You know, I was so wrong last Friday."

"When..?" Gabe questioned.

"You totally put all your emotions into writing that," William said.

Gabe shrugged, "Better then keeping them all bottled up in there...or downing a bottle of tequila."

William nodded vigerously.

"If I knew letting you read my stuff was going to make you be this cute I would've let you read it a long time ago," Gabe said smiling.

William giggled, "Well, maybe you should let me read it more often."

"Only if you let me read yours. You can't win, no matter how cute you are," Gabe said.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yes, The Academy Is... lyrics.
Yes, Midtown lyrics. Like A Movie, the shes were changed to hes.
It's a story, hush...
(:

Comments?