Status: Work in progress

Family Comes First

Family Comes First : Chapter 7

* Jeremiah's POV * _______________________________

" Does Jairus have his shoes on !? " Janiyah yelled from the bathroom . I finished tying his shoe , stood him up and looked us both over .
" We're both ready ! " I yelled back . We all were wearing our matching red, black and grey Jordan's . We decided to wear red polo's and khacki's so we could match . Janiyah came out the room in tight khaki shorts , her fitted red polo , shiny legs , hair straightened and makeup done . She looked good , and she could pull off Jordan's well . We grabbed our phones and got into my car . Janiyah had to give me directions to her cousin David's house . Her cousins were having a cookout with the family , I was relieved that her parents weren't gonna be there but I still had to meet new family members . When we pulled up about 15 other cars were already parked up . Janiyah grabbed Jairus and we both held his hands as we walked into David's house , said hi to him and then he brought us to the patio . About 50 people started yelling and laughing as they saw her . They flocked to her and hugged and kissed her cheeks . After that they all looked at me strangly .
" Everyone this is my boyfriend , Jeremiah and his son Jairus " I smiled .
" Tu novio ? " a lady asked .
" Sí , novio " she laughed . Everyone ahh'd and then hugged us too . We sat at a table and David sat with us , his girlfriend standing behind him .
" I didn't know so many people were gonna be here " Janiyah laughed .
" Me either , we have too many cousins " David laughed . David then went to check on the grill and a couple of little kids came up to us .
" Hi , Titi J " they all said in unison .
" Hi babies " she squeeled .
" Who's that ? " Lil' David asked , pointing at Jairus .
" This is Jairus " she smiled .
" Can he play ? " they all asked excited .
" Is it okay babe ? " she whispered to me .
" Yeah " I nodded .
" Go ahead , baby . Just watch out , don't get dirty " she warned him . I looked at her while she interacted with her cousins .
" Babe ! " Janiyah yelled .
" Yeah ? " I laughed .
" These are some of my Titi's " she said as she named them .
" What's a Titi ? " I asked . She and everyone else around giggled .
" It means aunt in Spanish . " she said .
" Moreno ? " one of the women asked me .
" She asked if you're black " Janiyah laughed .
" Tell her I'm both " I said softly .
" I understand English , Jeremiah " her aunt smirked . They continued to ask me questions , even asking Janiyah personal questions on our relationship .
" Are you still a virgin ? " her aunt Carmen asked . Her aunt Carmen was big . Scary . Really scary , she could make you pee your pants on site .
" No , that's my son over there in the red and khakis " I said .
" That's not your baby , right Janiyah ? " Carmen asked .
" No , but he might as well be . He calls me mom and I take care of him too " Janiyah smiled .
" Are you still a virgin ? " Carmen asked Janiyah . I was worried Carmen didn't believe in sex before marriage , she had that disapproving look on her face . Janiyah looked at , squeezing my hand tight .
" No " she whispered . At that moment all her aunts gasped and I looked down and squirmed in my chair .
" Why would you do that ? " Carmen scolded .
" All my brothers aren't virgins ? Neither is Jaz " I stated .
" Jaz is older than you " Carmen said
" Okay ? And she lost her virginity at 16 . I'm 19 now " I said . Carmen was quiet , guess she knew Janiyah was right but I didn't want a bombshell of questions next .
" With him ? " Aunt Jenny asked .
" Yeah , who else would I do it with ? He's my boyfriend " she laughed .
" We don't know how you roll ! " Aunt Marie laughed .
" Titi ! " Janiyah laughed .
" How do your parents feel about it ? " Carmen asked .
" They don't know , I don't talk to them anymore " she said . Everyone then got quiet because they knew that things had been torn apart since Chris' death .
" You live with them ? " Marie asked .
" No , I live with Jeremiah " she said .
" You live with your boyfriend ? " Carmen gasped .
" Shut up Carmen , your Jaz isn't perfect either " Jenny snapped .
" I know according to our family's beliefs I'm not doing everything right , but I'm trying . I mean atleast I'm not pregnant , or with an STD or something crazy " Janiyah said . She almost looked like she was about to cry . I pulled her into me and held her close .
" You okay ? " I whispered .
" Yeah " she whispered back . I knew she hated being judged but especially by her own Aunt . Carmen got up and quickly left to go inside .
" Don't you worry about her , J . You are a beautiful and great young woman . Forget her , because I love you " Jenny said as she hugged Janiyah . All her aunts were amazing , and much nicer than Carmen . As all her aunts went inside , we sat outside to talk a little .
" How you feeling ? " I asked her .
" Like maybe we're doing something wrong ? " she said
" Why ? And what exactly ? " I asked
" I mean , we had sex before marriage , I live with you and we're not married . You know ? Stuff like that " she sighed
" You're not perfect , no teenager or young adult is . Your family can't expect that from you . Don't let this shit get to you , okay ? " I smiled as I caressed her cheek .
" Thanks baby " she smiled at me as she stood up to kiss me . I stood up and hugged her and spun her around . One of Janiyah's 14 year old cousins came out to watch the kids so we could go inside . We sat at the kitchen bar , kind of separating ourselves from the adults . They all talked and screamed and told jokes . Her family was just like mine only they spoke Spanish and drank a lot more .
" When are you two getting married ? " Aunt Marie asked , turning the attention towards Janiyah and I .
" We've only been dating a few months , we're not getting married soon " Janiyah laughed
" So ? I met your Tio at 16 and we married a few weeks after meeting " Marie said
" Titi , it's not back then anymore , I can't do that , I wouldn't know who I'm marrying if I did that " she complained
" What happens when you two get to know everything about each other , then get married , what's left to do ? You can't get to know each other any more , you've already done that . So what else is there to do ? Fight ? Hate each other ? " Marie said softly . Everyone fell quiet and I took my hand away from Janiyah and put them in my pockets . She looked at me and I looked at her . I didn't like her look , that look as if to say she was questioning everything . We'd already been through the fighting , I didn't want to do it anymore .
" Marie , always gotta be the party pooper " David said . Everyone then laughed and went on to talk .
" I'm gonna go check on Jairus " Janiyah whispered as she quickly walked out . I took out my phone and checked my Instagram . I took a picture from a few days ago of us kissing , filtered it , and then put a caption . " I share my whole world , life and heart with two people . She's one of them and the only woman to hold my heart . I love you baby <3 " and then I tagged her . I saw her stop in the doorway to check her phone . She smiled harder every second she read what I said . She then liked it and it appeared on my phone . She then typed and a comment appeared in my notifications . " I love you too baby , you're amazing <3 " . She then came and hugged me tight .
" I really do love you " she whispered in my ear .
" I love you too " I laughed . I held her waist as she stood in between my legs . Her cousins then came in , they were all about our age , a little younger or older , give or take . They asked us to go to the basement with them so we all headed down there . The boys of course pulled out the x-box and they handed me a controller . She sat in between my legs and bothered me as I played . Her cousins teased her about how cute we were .
" How long have you guys been together ? " one of her cousins asked .
" 6 months " she answered .
" And now you a momma " she laughed .
" Yeah but I love Jairus so I don't mind being his momma " Janiyah laughed . She leaned her head back and looked up at me , and I reached down to kiss her , causing me to die .
" Damn , Janiyah , way to kill us " her cousin laughed .
" Hey ! He kissed me ! " she yelled .
" She right " I laughed . We continued to play and the girls continued to talk and gossip . At around 4 we said by to everyone and headed to my parents hotel room . They were back again for a week . Luckily the first time Janiyah met them , they loved her .
We got up to the room and my mom hugged Janiyah first . She picked up Jairus and kissed my cheek and went inside . My dad put his arm around me and put me in a head lock .
" How's my son ? " he asked .
" Good , how's you and mom ? " I asked .
" She wants to move back , but at the same time she loves the weather . My job is willing to bring me back up here if we want " he said .
" Do you want to come back ? " I asked him .
" The only reason I want to is to be closer to my family " he said .
" You guys should , I know Jairus would love it " I said as I looked over at my mom and girlfriend making Jairus laugh .
" The way you look at her is the same way I would look at your mom when I fell in love with her " he said .
" How do I look at her ? " I asked .
" Like you'd do anything for her , like she's everything and more , like she's perfect for you . " he said .
" She is everything , besides Jairus and you guys , she's my world . I've honestly imagined marrying her " I said .
" Well , she's good to you , your son , your mom loves her . She's a great girl , don't let this one go " my dad said .
" I been through a lot to have her , I'm not going to just let her go " I said . Her phone then rang and she stopped . She stared at her phone , completely frozen .
" Babe , what is it ? " I asked as I walked up to her . Her caller ID said Chris . She let it go to voicemail and started crying . My parents understood what had happened and how close she was to her brother . Then she got a call again from her brothers phone , she picked up .
" Hello ? " she said . " OMG I hate you ! Why would you call me from Chris' phone !? " she yelled . " I don't care ! You could have gotten the number changed ! " she cried . I took the phone and realized it was Jose talking .
" Yo , she's really upset right now . I'll have her call you back " I said as I hung up . I hugged her close and my mom and even my dad hugged her .
* Janiyah's POV * ___________________________________

After lunch , Jeremiah's mom and I went out shopping . The boys took Jairus to Chuck E. Cheese and so they could talk . We went to Times Square and began our trip shopping . She wanted to go to Coach first . We went in and I had never been in such an expensive store . She was quick to pick up the four cutest bags but also the most expensive .
" Which one do you like ? " she asked .
" The backpack one " I said . She picked up that on me and a sleek black one , paid and then handed me the bag with the backpack in it .
" Cute choice " she smiled .
" Wait , it's for me ? " I asked
" Yes , you're my daughter-in-law , well basically . And I've never had a real daughter to spoil , so today is your day , whatever you want , you get . No matter the cost " she laughed an winked . We continued to walk around and talk .
" So you really love Jeremiah ? " she asked
" Of course , he's everything I want in a boyfriend . He's all I ever think about . I just always wanna be around him . He makes me feel like I'm the most special girl in the world " I laughed .
" You two are so cute and I'm happy he's with a girl like you . Jairus' mom ? Ugh , I couldn't stand the girl , but you ? You're different , beautiful , intelligent , and not some fast little girl just after my sons money " she said .
" Nah , I've never been after money , just after love . " I smiled .
" Speaking of love and all , have you two had sex ? " she asked . When Jeremiah told me she was straight up and bold , he wasn't lying .
" Yeah " I said slowly
" No babies on the way ? " she laughed
" Oh no " I laughed
" If he's anything like his mother , he's good in bed " she laughed
" Omg " I laughed .
" Is he ? " she asked .
" I havnt left , he has to be " I laughed . We then went into Tiffany's , a store I had definatly been into . They even had security guards at the doors . Mom was quick to try on rings and bracelets , she told me to pick things out and try some on . I picked out a ring with my birthstone in it and luckily it was my size . She also got me a bracelet and spent over $800 in the one store . Then we went dress shopping . We found floral dresses , tight night club dresses and even wedding dresses .
" I was your age when I met Jeremiah's dad , I was so ready to get married " she smiled at me as she stared at me in the tight mermaid gown .
" I would love to get married , just not soon . The way Jeremiah and I are now is good , marriage could complicate that if we're not really ready " I said .
" True , I wouldn't want you to be forced into anything and end up loosing Jeremiah " she said . We bought a couple dresses and even some other tops and jeans they had at the store . We went to as many stores and just enjoyed being with each other . She was definatly the opposite of my mom who would never spend this much time or money with me . She talked to me about different subjects and gave me real advice like a mom should , instead of brushing everything under the rug like my mom did . We then drove to Chuck E. Cheese to meet the boys . When we got there Jeremiah and his dad were playing basketball . When they were done Jeremiah came and kissed me .
" You stay kissing me me in front of them " I laughed .
" Cause I love you , and I'm a grown ass man I do what I want " he laughed .
" Mhmm , why you lyin ? I know you still scared of your mom " I teased .
" Whatever " he laughed as he kissed me again . We went and sat down with his parents and ate .
" So you two had sex ? " Jeremiah's mom asked him . I chocked on my soda and Jeremiah looked at me and began to laugh .
" Im sorry I told her , I mean she asked ? I didn't want to lie to her " I panicked .
" Baby it's okay , my parents don't care that we did " he laughed .
" Omg , my parents would kill me if they found out . " I laughed .
" We don't care because he's old enough to make his own decisions and besides , you guys live together , what else would we expect ? " his dad said . Jairus then came running over and hugged me .
" Hey baby " I kissed his forehead .
" Come play with me ! " he yelled as he pulled me away from the table . I played ski ball and race cars with him as Jeremmiah obviously talked about me . After a few games we went back to the table and Jeremiah begged me to take a picture with him . We stood up and he hugged me from behind as his mom took the picture . He then picked me up and had his mom take multiple pics of us playing around . I took a couple pics with Jairus and then out together a collage of me and Jeremiah together . I put it on Instagram , preparing for my cousins mom stop questions .
" My boyfriend is the BEST . No other competes with him , he's # 1 and always will be . I love you baby , thank you for being everything and more <3 ." No more than ten minutes passed as my boy and girl cousins freaked out on my Instagram . Jeremiah had only met one side , he hadn't met the crazy drinking partying side of my family .
" Who are all these people ? " Jeremiah laughed as he showed me his phone with all the comments on our pic .
" Those are my other cousins , you'll meet them soon " I laughed .
" Your guy cousins look huge " he said .
" They all work out with my brothers . They're like my brothers , and they can't wait to meet you " I smirked .
" How many of them are there ? " he asked .
" We'll only 3 are commenting but I have 15 boy cousins on my moms side " I laughed .
" 15 !? How many siblings does your mom have ? " he asked .
" My mom has 5 brothers and sisters ! Titi Marie has 2 boys and 2 girls . Tio Marco has 4 boys . Tio Randy had 2 boys and 4 girls . Titi Lisa has 2 boys and 1 girl . And Tio Bulo has 5 boys and 3 girls . " I laughed .
" What ?! Why is your family so big ? " he laughed .
" It just is . My grandma has 6 kids , 30 grand kids , and 4 great grand kids so far " I smiled .
" That's crazy " Jeremiah laughed .
" I know . Having about 26 cousins on one side alone is crazy but they'll love you . And they'll all be at our wedding " I laughed .
" Our weddings gonna be huge " he smiled as he pulled me in by the waist .
" I can't wait " I whispered before he kissed me .
" Let's go love birds ! " Jairus yelled from the from door . Jeremiah and I laughed as we got into the cars and drove back to his parents hotel . We said our goodbyes and headed to our apartment .
" My mom bought you all this ? " Jeremiah asked surprised as I sorted stuff out to put in the closet .
" Yeah " I said .
" Wow , she must really like you " he scoffed . I picked up the Victoria Secret bag and threw it into another bag hoping he wouldn't see it .
" Was that Victorias Secret !? What you get there ? " he bit his lip .
" Nothing ! " I laughed as I went to put it in the closet . He snatched it from me and opened it . Inside was a black lace top and bottom . They were flesh toned underneath with bling all over it .
" She bought you this too ? " he asked .
" Yes " I sighed .
" And it's a thong !? When you wearing this ? " he smirked as he put it back in the bag and grabbed me close .
" It's a surprise " I stuck out my tongue as I put it away .
" Ugh , the thought of you in that now excites me . " he whispered into my ear . He began to kiss my neck and rub his hands on my stomach .
" Jairus is here " I whispered as I pulled away .
" I got this " Jeremiah said as he got Jairus out of the living room , took him a bath , and put on Iron Man . He watched maybe 15 minutes of the movie before he knocked out . We put blankets an pillows all around him . We went back into our room and he kissed me softly .
" We should take a bubble bath " I smiled as I rubbed my hands on his chest .
" Sounds good to me " he smiled as he kissed me again .
He turned on the water as I took off my clothes and waited in my bra and underwear . I was wearing a black laced matching set which was Jeremiah's old favorite , which I didn't do on purpose . I sat on the bed on my phone until Jeremiah called me in . We locked the bathroom door and he laughed .
" My favorite one " he smirked as he kissed my neck . Jeremiah was completely naked and it was funny how I wasn't awkward about it anymore . I took off my set and got in the tub and sunk in . Jeremiah sat across from me , playing with my legs . I sat up and took the bubbles in my hands and put it in his hair . He covered my boobs with the bubbles and made me a beard .
" We're so stupid " I laughed . We layed next to each other and held hands . He set up the music and it played as we talked . I put my hair up and my makeup was running . He laughed and rubbed it off for me with a towel .
" I think you're beautiful without it " he whispered .
" Aw thank you baby " I smiled as I kissed him . I don't know what it was but his kisses were different in different situations . Like in public they were soft kisses , when we were making out they were kinda rough and now they were slow and sexual . His lips overpowered mine which I loved .
" You know I just love you . Being around you , with you , everything . You're just mine and I love it " I smiled .
" Good , and I always want to be yours . You and Jairus are my Iives , I couldn't ask for more . I'm happy with you " he said . He kissed me again , that slow , sexy kiss I loved .
" You know , I've never had a boyfriend who could ever do the things you do with me " I smirked .
" You mean you never had a boyfriend who could lay it down like me " he laughed .
" Baby , you were my first so no " I laughed .
" Fine , they all irrelevant anyway . I still won " he smiled . I say on his lap facing him and we kissed over and over .
" I want you to have my baby " he whispered in between kisses .
" Are you serious ? " I asked as I stopped .
" I do , but shit . I didn't mean for that to come out . I don't want you to feel like we gotta have a baby . That would mean you stopping your pill which I know is a routine and you don't wanna get off that " he said .
" Maybe not now baby , maybe in like a year " I suggested .
" As long as I got you " he smiled as we kissed again .
These were the moments I loved . I never wanted them to end because finally almost everything was perfect . The only thing I had left to fix was my family .
♠ ♠ ♠
Like , comment , give me suggestions ! I need feedback (: