Young Severus

Meeting

The first time I saw her I know we were alike, my parents had never mentioned another wizard family near us but there was no mistaking her. She was a witch, I just had to talk to her but she was never alone, she was always with that other girl and I presumed she was her sister. I watched as they played on the swings in the park, they started throwing something between them.

Her golden hair shone in the sun as she laughed away, I became aware of an object landing with a thud at my side and she came running over. “Oh, hey” she said smiling and I nodded “I’m…” “Lily what’re you doing?” a cold voice asked “Coming, do you want to play with us?” she asked smiling. “Oh I can’t” “Why?” she said and I shrugged “You can catch right?” she asked and I nodded “Then come play, we could play piggy in the middle” “What?” I asked confused.

“You know where 1 persons in the middle and they try get the ball from the others” “I’ve never heard of it,” I admitted pulling at the sleeves of my old black jacket “Well come and we’ll teach you. It’s better than sitting in the shade alone” she replied motioning me with her as she grabbed the ball at my side. “Lily who’s this? Mum says no talking to strangers” the other girl snapped as we got near “This is my sister Petunia and I’m Lily” she introduced “M-My names Severus” I stuttered “Severus? What a…” “Petunia! Severus is going to play piggy in the middle with us. You go in the middle first” she said to her sister who glared at her, Lily threw a ball at me and I caught it “You gotta throw it back to me” Lily shouted laughing and I did as she said.

When it was my turn the sister laughed at me “Can you even play this game?” “Petunia be nice, your doing great Severus” “Lily reassured beaming at me “I’m better at quidditch though” “At what?” the sister asked. “Quidditch, I’m not good at being Seeker but mum says I’ll make a good keeper” I explained.

“A what?” “Keeper, you know the one who stops chasers scoring?” I said, “What are you talking about?” the sister stated. “Keeper, quidditch. You know what I mean” I replied “No! Lily he’s weird come no!” she snapped walking off. “Petunia don’t be like that maybe he’s from another country. Are you?” “No I live here. Do you?” I asked and she nodded. “How come I haven’t seen you at school?” she said “Oh I don’t go to school yet, I’m waiting for my Hogwarts letter. My mum teaches me until then” I answered.

“Hogwarts, where’s that?” “Lily come on!” her sister shouted “Severus I have to go but may be we can talk another time?” she asked and I nodded before she raced off after her sister. I watched them disappear from view before turning and walking home, I got in just as my dad stormed out and my mum was sat at the table looking sad. “Hey mum” I said sitting opposite her. He stayed silent so I swung my feet nervously “So mum, is there any magical families around here” but she shook her head. “Are you sure” “Yes Severus, why?” she asked, “I just wondered, I mean there’s someone who does things like me. You know when stuff just happens,” I explained, “Well she must have just moved here” “She doesn’t know about Hogwarts or Quidditch though,” I said.

“Then she’s muggle born” “Can she still go to Hogwarts?” I asked and she nodded “If she’s a true witch she’ll get in. you shouldn’t be…” “I know she’s not like u mom” I cut in and she just nodded. “Severus go and practise your writing,” She ordered and I walked up to my room.