Status: love*hate*heart*breaks

Project Iffafiss

There is no pride in dying for another

I sat silently in the great room. Though the comfortable deep crimson arm chair I sat in gave me no peace of mind, as it usually did. I watched the glowing flames in the fireplace dance to its own rhythmic beat, licking the wood that fuelled its power. My heart ached with sorrow and my mind was spinning wildly out of control. All I could do is sit there. If I tried to get up I would burst out in tears. I especially didn’t want to do that while in another’s home, while others are watching me.

“June” a small voice whispered, I turned my head to see my older sister Heather (older by 2 years) standing above me with watery eyes. You could tell when she was hurt. Her golden face would be pale, and her chocolate hair with streaks of sunbeams would be dull and lifeless, her voice, small and sad. I quickly snapped my head away from her face. “They want to talk to you now.” She finished, pain filling her voice. I sat there another moment, slightly hesitating. Then, I got up to my feet. “Thanks” I said while walking past her.

I took my time down the long hallway that was carpeted with a soft black material. I kept my head down, trying to forget everything I knew. The images were burned into my eyelids, each time I blinked I saw it, the pain pushed its way up out of my stomach where it was hiding to my chest, making it so it was practically impossible to breathe. Then it pushed up to my throat, leaving a big knot of pain in the middle of it.

I desperately tried to find a distraction, and turned my head to look out the window. Long bleach blond hair caught my eyes, along with two others that had the same hair. I sighed hoping to find relief but the knot in my throat just grew bigger.

“The Malfoy’s are here” I turned around to see my mother’s face gleaming in the moon light. It was still wet from her crying, and her make up smudged and smeared all over. I wanted so badly to hug her and cry to her. But, this was neither the time nor place, as I said before. She took my hand and walked me down the hall, we both stayed silent. But the throbbing of the hurt filled the air, we breathed it. With each step I took I felt the knot grow and grow inside of me. I wanted it to just go away, to just disappear.

As we got to the end of the hall my mother let go of my hand, I looked up at her in surprise. “Im sorry, but this is where I leave you” she said and tried to give me a reassuring smile. But it faded into tears. I gave her one last glance and opened the door to my right; her face slowly disappeared as I shut the door.

As I turned around, a group of faces were watching me. Every breath I took was noted; everything was being calculated, recorded. I just stood there in front of them all not knowing what they expected me to do. “Please take a seat miss Ravain” a calm voice said.

The man was obviously Dumbledore. I could plainly tell because of my three pervious years at Hogwarts and getting into trouble more times than I could count. The faces were all too familiar, some consisted of Hogwarts teachers and others were council members because my father was on the council.

I did as I was told; I sat down in the chair that was facing them all. The dark ebony wood was hard and cold. I looked down at the rose wood floor and stared at my feat.

“Do you know why you are here Miss Ravain?” a voice said. “Yes.” I replied, hiding the sorrow in me. “Vary well. Then we shall begin.” I said nothing, just clutched the sides of the chair like my life depended on it. “This information is to stay in the circle and the circle only do you understand?” they asked, I nodded in agreement. That was a stupid question. It’s not like I could say no to them anyway. “Start from the beginning and tell us what you saw.” “Ok.” I whispered and took a deep breath…then let it out.

It was the day before yesterday.

The sun was smiling in the sky at everyone, the flowers were blossoming with colors of yellow, and red, there were pinks and blues too. Mother was away trying to get the ministry to agree with her about the national campaign for starting magic training at a younger age. Heather was with Vicky at digan ally buying a broom to give her flying lessons. You wouldn’t believe how much she whined for her to take her.

My dear brother Anthony was at the Malfoy’s hose with there son Draco, because there best friends, probably just doing something stupid like setting the cat on fire just for fun…like they did last summer.

I and my father were the only ones home at the time. He was in his office; he said he had to work on a project called iffafiss. And I was outside tending our garden, digging up the soil and planting new flowers. Mother insisted I let the gardener do it but I enjoy outside work.

That’s when I herd the shouting coming from the house and got suspicious, and decided to go inside and see what was happening.

As I went to check on my father in his office I herd a man talking to him. His voice was straggly and he sounded as if he was out of breath. He said “Markus Ravain, give me iffafiss or die.” (He called him a death eater traitor, but I left that part out due to the fact that we tired our best to forget the past of what happened.) My father told him it was hidden and no man would ever find it. Then I saw a man clocked in black shadows throw him agents the wall but he didn’t die. He whipped his wand out of his pocket and he attacked him. There was a fight with spells of all kinds shooting in all directions and my father saw me in the door way and so did this man. The man shot a spell at me and my father jumped in front of me to protect me.

I saw the air leave his chest and I knew. I knew he was dead. As his body fell to the hard wood floor the man was no where in sight and the words project iffafiss rang in my ears over and over again.
♠ ♠ ♠
My first Hogwarts story. hope everyone likes, it's about to get interesting.