Status: love*hate*heart*breaks

Project Iffafiss

Juice box

Seconds into minutes, minutes into hours, hours into days, days into years, years into my life.

“Hay mom do you know what Haimasenuess means?” I asked. “Heather…” was all she said. “Well I don’t know what that word means but its latten, the word it comes from is haima, witch means blood” she explained. “Thanks” I mumbled. “She gets it from my side of the family. My sister Prudence was the smartest kid at Hogwarts when we went together, I was second smartest.” mom commented.

I sat there picking at my mashed potatoes with my fork. I hated when she bragged about one of my siblings, mainly because she never did that with me. Maybe it’s because she didn’t have anything to brag about. “Well im finished” I said getting up I didn’t want to hear anymore. “June, You haven’t eaten anything. Get back here and eat something.” she snapped. “Im not hungry. Anthony made me lose my apatite” I lied and kept walking.

I went up to my room and sat at my desk. I picked up the book and felt the old black leather on it. I took a red pen out and circled the word Haimasenuess. Then wrote what Heather had said next to it. I kept reading, it had all kinds of confusing thins in it that I didn’t understand. Like trandumentume and havaneruss. Also, montolurianers and aldulis matuqitstics. I read and read. I hid the book from my mother when she came into my room to say goodnight, then continued to read until I finished it. Cover to cover. I had circled 66 words in red and needed to find out what 65 of them meant. I tried typing them into my computer but nothing came up. By the time I was done it was 4:30 am, I crashed on my bed and quickly fell asleep, with a headache the size of Texas and an agenda to sleep in tomorrow. One step closer to not being anything important.

The next day I woke up at noon. Good thing Hogwarts hasn’t sent me a letter saying it’s my fourth year and I had to start getting up at 7 am. That won’t be for another few weeks, thankfully. It gave me time to gather knowledge, to train outside, to run, and to be funny and loveable and dancing to my own moonlit sky before I was bombarded at school with sympathy.

I got up and got a hot shower, it felt nice after everything that has happened recently. To just wash it away, but the thing is you can’t wash away a gaping hole in your chest that’s only visible to the people who watch you. That only makes it worse. I changed into my yoga pants and a plain t-shirt to just chill in. I went to my room and grabbed another book off the book shelf this one was green. Not as old as the black leather one, but sill pretty old. This one was a biography on a person named Quinn Darkheart. It was vary interesting…if you count the pictures.

It told how he went to Hogwarts, and he was a popular guy that stood up for the people that got picked on by bullies. He was good at sports, and was funny; he was also very smart on top of all of that. How did he do it all? Probably with magic! He sounds overly familiar…Potter. After I finished that book I went and grabbed some lunch, a quick sandwich and some juice.

As I ran down I herd the phone ring and grabbed it quickly trying not to slip on the tile in my fuzzy blue toe socks. “Hello?” I half shrieked. “Uh…” a voice said “what am I supposed to say?” I herd him whisper in the background to someone. “Oh. Okay. Harry wants to know if you know the one spell from… madam peach’s class when we were learning about…plants?” he asked confused.

I sighed deeply. “Yes I know that one, its hethmaches penthus. And you point your wand as so, forward and then trace a cross shape with a square around it.” I spoke. I clearly herd something explode in the background with a shriek of Ron’s mother. “Ron Weasley! You get off that phone this minute and clean up this mess!” I laughed as he said his goodbyes and Harry’s thanks and hung up.

I couldn’t help but remember our first year and being placed into my houses.

Heather was already placed in ravenclaw because she was a year ahead of me and now it was my first year. As I was called up and the old hat was placed upon my head the room was silent. Everyone knew that our family was both famous for our acts of kindness and our old past. All I could think of was a rainbow waterfall being contaminated with our name into someone’s house.

“A mind of knowledge kept under lock and key, darker, darker your heart turns. But there is a bright light, a blinding force that is at war, yes they will win…in the end after you are nearly defeated.” I sat there confused not understanding a word. But what can you expect from a 12 year old girl?

“That is it the right one, yes I think so…yes. Gryffindor!” it announced making me squint slightly from the noise of the clapping and welcoming handshakes and pats on the back from my fellow house mates.
Anthony was put into Slytherin with the little devil child Malfoy.
Vicky was put into Hufflepuff.

I came back to reality and noticed I spilt my juice box on the floor and got a mop to clean it up, as I returned I noticed that the particular place I had spilt it there was…markings underneath. Like a wax that showed under the red fruit punch puddle. There were the letters written with a shaky hand…Iffafiss.

I opened my mouth in shock because not only was this very strange but I knew this symbol.

It was an angle wing, our family’s crest.

It was on Anthony’s wand.

It was on Vicky’s necklace.

It was on Heather’s ankle.
♠ ♠ ♠
feeling like i want a juice box...right now.