Status: Enjoy and PLEASE COMMENT!!!!

Journey's Beginning

Forever

"Promise me--"

"I promise," he cut her off trying to be witty and romantic with his large adorning eyes falling down to her.

Rose was snuggled close to his chest as they sat outside looking up at the stars. They had brought a blanket out on their balcony tonight in hopes of seeing the predicted meteor shower.

"I'm being serious," she giggled, knowing the impossibility of ever be genuinely upset at him.

"You look serious," he further teased his wife.

The beautiful young woman finally lifted her head from his shoulder and stared into the brownish green eyes she loved best. His crooked grin took her back to the times he used this very expression to get out of trouble with her, back in their TARDIS days. On flawless nights like this, she found it hard to believe that things had turned out so perfectly. They had their domestics every now and then and work sometimes put them on edge, but they truly loved eachother and both knew that would never change.

"It's always been me and you, yeah?"

"Correct. Me and you until the end," he merrily agreed.

"And if things ever get rough we'll make it through, right?" His face suddenly became worried. "No matter what happens it will still be me and you?"

Taking her left hand in his he made the rings on her finger sparkle in the moonlight.

"This isn't just a ring you know," he began, using his wise and ancient tone. "Humans have used metal bands and precious jewels as symbols of belonging to someone for thousands of years. Materials and styles have changed but the meaning behind the rings are still the same."

"So this is a magic ring?" she asked with high sarcasm.

"Yes," he quickly stated as fact. "This ring means that I gave up the only life I've known for over nine hundred years just to spend a handful of decades with you. This little stone means that of everything in this universe-planets, lifestyles, creatures, what might have been- I chose you." Placing his forehead against hers, he took a deep breath. "You still don't know do you? You say you do, you might think you do, but you still don't have the slightest idea how in love I am with you, Rose Smith."

"Of course I do," she gently argued, almost hurt at his statement. “What I call forever may be different than what the word used to mean to you. But I know, without a single doubt, that we will love one another forever. No matter what forever looks like now, that’s how long our love will last.”

“Forever,” he repeated.

They pressed their lips together for a brief moment of passion. When their eyes returned to the sky, they both saw the same star shoot across the sky. It was the first of many they would see that night.

Just like their marriage, it was only the beginning.
♠ ♠ ♠
4 years later, picking this back up!