Status: Enjoy and PLEASE COMMENT!!!!

Journey's Beginning

Sweet October Evening

They had legally become Mr. and Mrs. Smith only six months ago. Their new life was going by too quickly. Each day was some new adventure. They continued challenging and loving eachother as they had always done. The family, Jackie specifically, was finally used to the idea of the Doctor being husband to her daughter. The married couple was doing splendid working together at Torchwood and almost all was well. The sink still leaked every now and then, the Doctor still couldn't accept the fact that he was sometimes late in this parallel world, they had their newlywed domestics (usually solved passionately in the bedroom), and sometimes money was tight. The Doctor, a half Time Lord from a planet so far away, finally had a beautiful human life to live with the one he loved with his entire heart.

London leaves had started turning and now painted the city with striking splashes of red, gold, orange, and yellow all around. Some trees had even started releasing their painted leaves into the city wind. He looked up from his laptop and turned his gaze beyond the living room window. Below, the busy noisy streets were full of signs that autumn had arrived.

"Absolutely beautiful outside," he called in hopes of a reply from his wife. Nothing. "Don’t you think, Rose?". Silence. "Rose?"

There was only one place she could be. He grabbed a blanket from the couch and locked the door on his way out. Their days of traveling space and seeing a wide variety of history were over. Sometimes she simply liked to sneak away quietly and go to the most convenient high place she could get to- the roof of their building.

He opened the roof door to find her sitting at the edge of the garden he had made for her during the summer right after they had moved here. Many of the plants were bare while others had a few remaining bright petals still fighting and hanging onto the stems. Her hair blew in the wind as leaves floated about her and a few fell to her feet. She was more than he had ever imagined for himself. After everything he had seen, he still couldn’t wrap his head around the idea that he had found his soulmate. In all the universe, each solar system, every planet, in all the countries of Earth, it was as if she had been made just for him- like he believed this human body was somehow created just for her.

"My Rose," he grinned, heart bursting with love for her. "What are you doing up here?" Tenderly he wrapped the blanket around her.

She thanked him with one of her lover's smiles and whispered, "I love you."

"I love you too," he replied. The Doctor suddenly had a feeling that she was hiding something behind that convincing content expression of hers. "Is something wrong?"

"Am I only allowed to tell you I love you when something is wrong?" she teased.

A bit embarrassed, he shook his head with a chuckle.

"I guess not."

She took his hand and traced his thumb with hers, planning her next words carefully. His gut feeling had been correct. There was something she was keeping from him. Maybe not something of great importance but something none the less. They had never kept important information from eachother and they saw no reason to start doing so in their new life together.

"You know how our love has always been one big fantastic journey?" Her husband gave a soft laugh and a "yeah". "Our adventures didn't end when you became human." The Doctor's eyes met hers, those big soft eyes full of questions. "Remember that night a few weeks back? We made love in that thunderstorm?"

Once his cheeks filled with heat, he sentimentally answered, "It was beautiful."

"Well, something else happened that night." Rose bit her lip, excitement now dancing in her eyes.
"What?"

After a pause, his heart began to race. Had his dream the other night really meant something after all? It was only an image that came and left as quick as lighting. The wonderful image replayed in his mind all of the next day. But he had never told her in fear that it would put pressure or tension in their presently perfect marriage.

"Doctor," she began. "Sam," she restated, using his real name in that special tone he adored, "you're going to be a daddy. We're having a baby!"

She couldn't help giggling at his blank shocked excited expression. Her hands covered her mouth in pure delight. It was the first time she had ever seen him utterly speechless.

"Rose, I can't believe it. We-"

"We're pregnant!"

"Does anyone else know?"

"Only you. I wanted, well, we wanted, you to be first." Her hand slid down to her still flat stomach.

"A baby. You know, that little spark of Time Lord still running around in here had some suspicions."
His wife wasn't surprised at this- he was, after all, a doctor. "Blimey, a baby. Half me and the other half Rose Tyler, defender of Earth. When did you find out?"

"Just a few days ago. I went to grab lunch and ordered some chips and had no desire to eat them. Started craving fish and custard; it was the oddest thing. Something was up."

"Yeah, definitely something there," he teased, knowing how she could usually live off chips and tea.
"We've seen stranger things in the past," she commented, her voice still playful.

"We'll need to tell Jackie. She'll be upset if we wait another day."

"Yeah, just wanted you to be first… dad."

"Never thought I'd ever have a human family. A mundane, simple, wonderful, brilliant family.

"I never let myself dream this big. I knew a family would come but I never dared to hope it would be with you- my Doctor, my Time Lord, and my best friend."

There were shared smiles, bright eyes, and then the Doctor suddenly fell quiet and thoughtful.
"But is this want you want? You're absolutely sure?"

Without hesitation, Rose kissed him for the first time since the big news. It lingered and was ever so tender, answering his question without another confirming word.

"It's everything I ever wanted and more. It's perfect, couldn't be better if I had planned it all myself."

He moved his hands to cradle her glowing face and kissed her forehead. Everything that needed to be settled had just been settled. The rest would come within the next several magical months.

"Do you think you still being part Time Lord will affect the baby?"

"Don't know. This will be the first little one of its kind. The DNA of our entire family tree could be different. Then again, this little bundle of joy could come up as completely human, nothing different at all."

Rose was a bit more relaxed. If their child was a bit different it wouldn't be much of anything too noticeable. After all they had been through together, after experiencing a kind of love few ever know, they were going to have a family of their own. Neither had planned on it being so soon but it was welcomed just as if he or she had been planned.

"Let's go tell the others, yeah?" he asked about to burst with excitement.

Rose grabbed him by his shirt collar, pulled him towards her, and whispered, "No, let's stay up here a bit longer. They can wait another hour."

After a few long snogs, The Doctor teased her in a playful seductive voice, "Mrs. Smith!"

"You mean Mrs. Doctor," she giddily replied in the same tone.

They continued kissing as October's leaves floated around them in the autumn breeze. It was the most perfect afternoon either could have wished for. They were truly a miracle with their own little miracle on the way. Nothing stood in the way of them and the life that had always dreamed of. At least not yet.
♠ ♠ ♠
Loved writing this chapter! Thanks to all faithful and new followers!