To Me You Are My Life, My Soul Companion

Am I Dreaming?

I was running through the woods after trying to have a peaceful walk after breaking up with my boyfriend. (long story, explained later) I sat on a swing at my favorite childhood park and felt the warm California air breeze across my face. I thought that this night couldn't get any better, it was so relaxing and I was finally away from that stupid exboyfriend.

I began to swing back and forth when I thought that I heard snickering from the nearby emerald bushes but I just ignored it - bad idea. As I increased altitude on the swing, I felt someones hands on my back push me off the swing midair causing me to fly and fall on my arm. I couldn't believe that just happened and couldn't even move. I heard the snickering again and looked around to see four or five guys around me: his friends and bandmates that he chose over me. I knew that were dangerous when they were mad and I could see that they were pissed.

I forced myself to get up and grimaced in pain as I limped over to the play structure. No matter what or where I tried to go, one of them was blocking my way until I received the beating of a lifetime as the cruelest of all the guys came up to me and said, "This is for destroying our dream."


And then the dream ended, leaving out the worst parts because something would always interrupt my dream or nightmare and I were thankful for that. That all happened when I was 16, only 4 years ago.

Why do I keep dreaming about that night? I thought to myself every time. Something relating to that night must be happening soon and I didn't want anything to do with whatever that might be.

Today, at 7:30 am

"Sam? Sam, wake up!" Adam sat on my bed shaking me after trying all possible methods to wake me up.

I was lost in my typical nightmare and could only hear him calling my name. He shook me some more and then left. He came back with a bucket of cold water and threw it on me. I woke up in an instant.

Mark peaked his head in the door and said, "Dude, you should have tried that first."

I just glared at him and then over to Adam. "What was that for?" I asked, trying to maintain calm.

He had a sympathetic look on his face and said, "Sorry, but you wouldn't wake up. We have to leave for work in 30 minutes and I thought you should know..." he was cut off by Mark's unnecessary hysterical laughter in the background.

I told Adam that it was ok and threw a bunch of pillows at Mark while slamming the door to get dressed. Since it was June in California, I wore light blue ripped jeans, a black My Chemical Romance shirt and a HIM beanie to cover up any bed-head because I didnt have too much time to get ready. I put on some red eye-shadow and black eyeliner. I looked in the mirror and was pleased with my look put together in only ten minutes!

Everyone piled in the car, which was a black Jeep Commander, and Adam was driving off to the mall were all three of us worked. Adam and Mark were stupid and chose to have a race to the store, while knocking into various people and things. I just walked behind them and laughed. Once we all reached Hot Topic, we signed in, and since we were there five minutes early, received the sought after position to decide what CD to play. I made it to the stereo control first and chose Avenged Sevenfold's City of Evil CD. The boys didn't mind, they liked the band almost as much as I do.

The day went by slow, by the middle of the CD, not one person stepped in. Adam and Mark were messing around by the posters in the back and I was just humming along to 'Sidewinder.' Then, a dude with black and purple hair and loads of piercings and tats came in. I thought I recognized him, and when I did I almost peed in my pants. He came over to me and I had to pinch myself to see if I was dreaming. Ow, this must be real, Zacky Vengeance is coming over to me wait, keep your cool, you don't want to look like an obsessed fan, I thought.

He smirked and said, "Hmm, I love this CD. Do you know what band it is?"

I smirked back and said, "Zacky Vengeance, why am I not surprised that you wouldn't recognize your own band playing?"

"I was just kidding."

"I figured. So, Zacky, what can I help you with?"

He almost seemed embarrassed to say the real reason, but continued on, "Well, my stupid band mate, Synyster Gates, you know him right? Well, he and I were drunk like heck last night and got in a bar fight and he ended up ripping my favorite shirt." He held up a ripped up Guns N Roses shirt that you happened to sell here.

"Um, I don't actually know Syn or you really, although I would like to, I know who you're talking about. Actually, I think you're in luck, we have that same shirt right over there."

I pointed across the store to where the shirts were and he saw it. He ran over to it like his life depended on it and then came back to buy it.

"You're a lifesaver, you know that?"

I laughed and said, "I know, I know."

I talked a little more, gave him his change, and to my surprise, he leaned over the counter and gave me a hug. "Hey, maybe well see each other around, ok, uh, Sam?" He looked down at my name tag.

I agreed then said bye. I don't know how that would ever happen; he's in a freaking rock band, a good one at that. But I still thought about that event from time to time throughout the day and still couldn't believe that it happened. I decided to not tell Adam and Mark because they either wouldn't believe it or would be totally jealous and not speak to me for a week. So, when they asked how I could possibly be so happy at work, I responded with, "Trust me, you wouldn't believe me even if I told you." Since they didn't really care, they just shrugged and continued working about. The day went forth meaningless.