To Me You Are My Life, My Soul Companion

Fourth of July: Avenged Style

*Normal POV*

"No! Johnny don't do that!" I warned, but it was too late...a big puff of black smoke blew up in his face covering him in soot. The Rev fell of the deck from laughing too hard, and I had to admit that it was really hard to hold it in. I quickly turned the BBQ off and shoved Johnny inside to clean up. I pulled the Rev of the ground and simply turned the gas on and there was a low flame.

When the Rev saw I turned it on without complications, he made a face and said, "What? I could have done that!" He told this more to himself than to me.

I just handed him the burgers and hot dogs, rolling my eyes, and saying, "Yeah, keep telling yourself that."

As I turned to leave, I heard him repeat that over and over, and then I threw a hot dog at him saying, "I was being sarcastic! Now, cook these before everyone comes after you because you didn't feed their mass hunger!"

The Rev just shrugged and laid the meat on the grill. As I went inside, I grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge and heard the doorbell ring. "One of you had better answer that, cause I sure as hell ain't!"

I laughed a little as I saw an article with A7X in it. It's so weird that I live with them now! I mean I feel so confused, well with Syn and all. Dammit who is at the door?!

Finally, the ringing stopped, and I heard a voice that seemed familiar, but I convinced myself that no way was it him. Then I heard someone fall to the ground and laughter. I decided that I better go see what happened.

Once I got out into the foyer, I thought that my brain turned off, as My Chemical Romance was standing in front of me, and Frank tackled Johnny to the ground. Haha, two shorties fighting. Wait, MCR?! I immediately ran over to them, still unable to speak, but with a huge smile on my face. Matt turned to me and then to them and said, "Frank, Gerard, Mikey, Bob, and Ray, this is my cousin Sam, oh and over there on the lawn chair in the back is her brother Adam; they live here with us. And from what I heard, she is a really big fan."

I nodded my head and went over to hug Gerard since he's the one I liked the most out of the band. "Hey Gerard. Sorry I bet you get that a lot, but I've been wanting to do that for a really long time!"

He laughed in his cute high pitched way and said, "Oh, it's no problem Sam. I don't mind. So where is the food?!"

"Well, the Rev is in the back attempting to make some BBQ so I guess you should check back there first?"

He said thanks and Johnny got off the floor saying, "Hey, Sam! You were so not that star-struck when you met us!"

"That's because I was really pissed off and was in the sun for many hours! Sorry, but hey at least you didn't have an obsessed fan move in and steal some of your things to sell on ebay, right?"

The guys laughed and then we all headed out to the back to see that the Rev has successfully created some edible food!

~FF an hour later~

"Oh, man if I eat another one of those hot dogs I am gonna puke all over the place! Good job, Rev, who knew you could cook?" Zacky yelled so that everyone could hear him.

The Rev just shrugged, accepting the compliment, Val made a grossed out face, and Matt rolled his eyes saying, "Ugh, please don't."

Zacky laughed and pretended to puke all over Syn and Bob, who just totally went to the other side of the yard.

Me and Val were the only girls there, besides Michelle who was in the bathroom at the moment. We actually became really close friends, so much so that it seemed like we've known each other forever.

"Awww! I'm so excited that you'll be moving in with us, now I won't be the only girl here." I exclaimed to Val.

"Yeah, I really do feel bad for you, but I'm their tour manager, so I've had to be on a tour bus with them for years, so I can say I know how you feel!"

I laughed and then glanced over in the other direction at Syn...who was in his trunks having some kind of fight in the pool with Zacky. I sighed and almost felt like jumping right in there with them, almost.

Val waved a hand in front of my face and said, "Earth to Sammie!" She turned to see where I was looking, "Oooh, it looks like someone has a crush on Mr. Gates!!"

"What would give you that crazy idea?!"

"You've been staring in his direction forever, and Matt told me about how he thinks you like Syn, so now I have proof!"

"No way! Why would I like him? He's never nice to me, from the moment he met me! Seriously, like the first time he saw me he hated me and I hate him back."

The look on her face changed a little, from happy to a little sad. "Um, Sam... it's not you that he hates."

"What? Then why else would he be so mean to me?!"

"Well, he was dating my sister, Michelle, for a really long time. We were out on tour and she was here during Spring Break. She convinced her friends to come with her to the beach and there she met a lifeguard, and they spent every night of break together and on the last night she brought him to her place, aka here, to have one last romantic night with her side boyfriend. She was going all at it when Syn walked in the door...he came home from tour early to spend some of break with her, and she was cheating on him in this house. She was crying for like a week and he never took her back, vowing that he would never go on a full term relationship ever again and considers all girls to be whiny, emotional, cheating, sluts. I think he still hates me for being related to Michelle, I really feel sorry for him. I know I just met you today, but I think you two would be perfect for each other. Just ease up on him to show him you aren't a typical stereotype, ok?"

I kind of had to take all that in before nodding and thinking for a really long time. Is it ok to be in love with the Synyster Gates...the rock star?

After that deep thought, Johnny declared that it is official water balloon fight season open! Everyone decided that to be fair, they had to pick teams. Obviously, Matt was a captain and he chose Val first. She squealed with excitement, pretending to be surprised when he picked her first. The other captain was Syn and he chose Zacky first. Then Matt picked Johnny. Syn picked the Rev; Matt picked Michelle; Syn picked Gerard; Matt picked Mikey, and then Syn caught you by surprise when he called my name. I looked at him to make sure he's serious and he nodded his head and then I remembered what Val said, so I skipped over to his side and kissed his cheek when he wasn't looking to thank him.

"What was that for?"

"Um, for picking me I guess, I really thought that I was gonna be the last one there and I didn't think you would pick me, that's all."

He shrugged his shoulders, "Ok....whatever."

Lastly, Matt picked Ray, Syn picked Frank, and Bob had to sit out because of his leg injury. The teams huddled in a corner. Syn pulled everyone to the left and Matt took his team to the right.

"Ok, guys we need a plan. We are so going to win this war! Any suggestions?"

Me, Zacky, the Rev, Gerard, Frank, and Syn thought for a minute.

"Hmm, what if since me and Frank are the smallest, we hide behind you guys, so if the other team attacks, you take them and then we will get them before they can refuel with twice the amount of power?" I suggested.

Syn said, "Well, that sounds actually like it might work, either that or you just want all of us to get wet so that you won't have to...ok let's do it!"

I rolled my eyes why does he always have to drag things further than they need to be? Why couldn't he just say 'that sounds good' or whatever? Well this should be really fun...I'm totally gonna hide behind him

We all put our hands in the middle and said, "Break!"

The other team separated and came to the center of the yard across from our team. I saw that Michelle was staring at Syn, begging for his attention, but thank God he totally ignored her like she wasn't even there. Bob counted to three and blew the whistle, then the water balloons were in the air. Matt was looking for me all over the place and Syn was running from Michelle.

I caught his eye and nodded to activate our plan. I quickly hid behind him right before she came over. "Oh, looks like someone is defenseless. Let's make this just like old times, babe."

Syn said, "Take your best shot, bitch!"

She pouted a little and then threw the balloon right at his stomach. His shirt was a little wet, but he didn't care. She began to do a victory dance when I seized the moment and threw three balloons one after one at her face and top. When all was said and done, she was frozen in place, her makeup trailing down her face and her hair was a moppy mess.

"Nice shot, Sammie!" Syn said, while laughing at his ex.

She glared at me and ran to grab a balloon behind her sending it straight for me, but Syn caught it before it came near me. Michelle's face was still in shock as she exclaimed, "Syn, you defended that, that whore?!"

Syn looked around and said, "Where? I don't see any whores, except for the one with the bleeding mascara in my face! Sammie lives here and she even shares a room with me. I'd sleep with her any day of the week before I look at you ever again!"

He threw another balloon in her face and she flipped us off as she ran back inside. I looked over at Syn, surprised at what he said.

"Ok, so you really do like me like Val said...you didn't hate me, you just hated her."

He sighed, "Yeah, I guess I don't hate you...I was - am going through a tough time with her, cause I was with her for like five years, and then she goes and does that to me well I was on one stupid tour!"

I went over and...hugged him! I knew it was unexpected, but he actually hugged back.

"So, you don't hate me either. Then what was your excuse?"

"Well, you were just mean to me from the start and I really did like you the most out of the band, but when you were such an ass to me I figured that you must not like me at all, so why bother being nice?"

"I'm sorry for doing that to you. Want me to get you a drink?"

I smiled, "Sure, surprise me!" I was about to tell him that my birthday was tomorrow, but I decided against it...it would ruin my plan.

While I was waiting for him, I looked out at the stream below me…I'm standing on a hill looking at the stream below it. I could even see the stars' reflection in the water. I looked back over at the house - Matt and Val were making out, the Rev was chasing after Johnny for burning him with a Sparkler, Adam was finishing the last of the hot dogs, and Zacky was talking with Gerard and pointing at me laughing, Syn was coming out of the house. I turned back around wondering what Zacky was saying about you to Gerard. I was so caught up in my thoughts, that I jumped when Syn came over to me with the drinks, he got me a Bud and one for himself too.

"You scared me!"

"Sorry, I didn't think that I would."

We both drank our drinks and as I got up, I failed to notice that my shoe lace was untied. As I stood up to turn around, I tripped over my shoe lace and fell into an unsuspecting Synyster's arms causing him to lose his balance and then we both rolled down the hill landing on some cool grass next to the stream. There were a lot of fireflies surrounding the area and it was real romantic.

I landed on top of him, and then he looked into my eyes for a real long time, making me a little nervous. He slowly pulled me closer to him, so that our noses were touching. "I never realized how cool your eyes are!" So that's why he was staring at me

"Oh, I get that a lot. People have a hard time because sometimes they look really brown and other times they look light brown or green, but thanks!"

He smiled at me and I smiled back. Slowly, we pulled each other into a kiss opening up for tongues and everything. It was most likely the best kiss of my entire life.

We suddenly pulled away from each other when we saw a bunch of flashes in our faces and a bunch of people saying, "Oh and aw!" I began to blush, but then smiled as he pulled me close to him and we both posed for the waiting paparazzi of our friends. I looked over at Val and she gave me two thumbs up and mouthed 'I told you so!' I noticed that Zacky and Matt gave each other a high five like they just won a bet or something and then they waved over at me and I couldn't help but return the gesture.

Syn began to get up and extended his hand to me. I gladly accepted and hugged him afterwards.

The Rev yelled, "Alright c'mon everyone, It's time to fire! Zacky, get the TNT!"

I had a nervous look on my face; I poked Syn.

"What?"

"What does 'time to fire' mean and why is there TNT?!"

He laughed at me for a minute and then explained, "Sorry, I forgot that you just moved here. The Rev calls the fireworks TNT and time to fire as in fire off the rockets. You got it?"

I felt stupid thinking that they had TNT, but then again it was the Rev we were referring to...

The Rev and Matt lined up the various rockets and fireworks along the hill in the yard beyond the pool. I was sitting on the ground in Syn's arms, Zacky was in a reclined chair, Johnny was holding a video camera and laughing, Val was waiting for Matt to come back over, and I saw Adam sitting dangerously close to Michelle but dismissed it because I was way too happy right now.

Matt and the Rev ran down the line lighting the fireworks off quickly, while screaming like idiots. Because the rockets were huge, the boys had enough time to make it back over to see the show. Bursts of color filled the starry and muggy California sky in shapes of stars and blobs of color. It was the best show I've seen and I had to admit that I had the best seat in the house!

With each breath-taking blast, I could feel him holding on to me and I never want to leave that position. "Happy Fourth of July!" Johnny screamed.

Everyone responded and then Zacky said, "Let's drink up and show our patriotism!" Once again, everyone laughed and agreed. Let's just say, the rest of the night, until 1:30 am, we all drank as much as we could hold in. Syn and I both fell asleep in my bed.