To Me You Are My Life, My Soul Companion

Backyard Concerts

Once we were done having fun in the pool, Syn and I went back to our room to yet again change into an outfit for tonight. "Hey, do you have any idea what's going on tonight?"

"Curiosity killed the cat, ya know! Besides, I can't tell you anything considering it is a surprise."

I let out a frustrated sigh and turned to my half of the closet once again! I decided to layer a black tank with lacey edges on top of a gray tank with the same detailing and a pinstripe mini skirt with chains and double studded belts, one black and one white. For makeup, I settled with dark black eye-shadow, black eyeliner, and mascara. I put in hoop earrings and a stud in my cartilage. I straightened my hair to focus on my angles and layers and to focus on my darker hair color as well. Once I was done, I was pretty pleased with what I saw.

When I left the bathroom, Synyster was playing something on his guitar and dropped his pick when he looked up to see me.

"Like what ya see?" I asked.

At first, he simply nodded, then grinned, then said, "Hell yeah!" I

"Well, hurry up and do yours so that I can have the same reaction!"

He smiled as he walked past me and got to work on his look as well. I sat on my bed, in the meantime, smiling to myself and reminding myself to thank my parents for this when I call them later tonight.

About 10 minutes later when Syn finally came out of the bathroom, he was wearing one of his sleeveless shirts that says 'Syn' on the front with a skull, pinstripe ripped pants with double studded belts, his hair was all perfect with a Fedora on, he just had a little smeared eyeliner around his eyes, which looked nice. He leaned down on the side of his bed and said, "Do you want a hat too?"

I smiled and nodded totally excited at the fact that I get to wear one of his hats! He gave me a leather black one that went well with my outfit. Once we were both done, we got caught up in the moment and began to make-out intensely when Johnny came into the room, unexpecting the sight, and shielded his eyes saying, "Oh my God! My eyes burn!"

He screamed and ran down the hall, creating a little extra drama. Syn rolled his eyes and I just laughed at Johnny's stupid-ness.

"Well, are you ready?" he asked me and I nodded and we left the room hand in hand going down the stairs to be greeted with the best sight I could ever imagine waiting outside.

There were strings of lights hanging from the trees in the backyard and a couple of tables with black and red tablecloths were lined along the edge of the yard. MCR had just finished playing 'The Sharpest Lives' my favorite song of off the Black Parade CD. Gerard smiled at me and seemed to be in a better mood than before. I returned the gesture and waved.

Synyster pulled me down over to the stage. We both hopped on and before I knew it, both of my favorite bands - A7X and MCR - were on stage with me instruments in hand. Matt and Gerard both had microphones and Synyster introduced the song with an awesome metal-core intro. The song was their version of Happy Birthday again, like this morning, but this time it was so loud because of these new amps they got and it was amazing. Synyster and I were smiling at each other and Matt wrapped his arm around me as he and Gerard sang the final words to the song while the four guitarists battled it out to see who has the best solo. I think that Synyster won that one, of course.

After all of that, I thanked them for the amazing-ness of that performance and then I was informed that they would each play two of my favorite songs by them if me and my band go up there first and play two of our songs. I was really nervous, even though I know all of these guys like my best friends, but c'mon, their Avenged Sevenfold and My Chemical Romance - how would you feel if you had to perform in front of them??

So, my band and I anxiously got on stage and took our positions. I adjusted my Fedora that Syn gave me and returned the thumbs up that he was giving me from the yard below the stage. My band and I discussed what songs we wanted to play and we decided on 'This Could Be The End' and 'When Night Falls'. Each of these songs involved a lot of screaming, singing, and loud hard instrument playing. When we finished the last song, there was a huge applause and we all thanked them and couldn't believe who was clapping for us. I ran off the stage and over to Syn and gave him a big hug which turned into a make out session on the grass.

Matt had to literally pull us apart so that he and Syn could get ready to perform. I was so happy - I couldn't ask for anything else in the world!! I skipped over to where Val was sitting on the grass in front of the stage.

"Hey, birthday girl, how do you like the new outdoor stage?" she greeted.

"Do you even have to bother asking? I love it! Now we can have our own A7X concert everyday of the week!"

We both laughed and went on about how hot Matt and Syn were. Gerard came over to us with Mikey and he asked, "So, Sammie, which of our amazing songs would you like us to play for you tonight?"

"Hmm, I think I'll pick 'Drowning Lessons' and my all time fav - 'Helena'. Is that good with you guys?"

Mikey gave a thumbs up and Gerard said, "Of course it is! Happy birthday Sam!!" He yelled out as he ran to catch up with Mikey while Val and I just shook our heads. She immediately changed the subject, though.

"So, how are things with you and Syn?" she asked. I blushed a little and we both began to giggle like high school girls.

"Well, good I guess. I mean we've made out like every five minutes, I'm so not complaining!!"

"You know what? I think he might officially ask you out tonight! Look out, this is going to the best night ever. Hopefully, Zacky will have his camera going at the right time for once!" We both laughed and I agreed.

A7X took the stage first - this stage was crazy, it had its own set of stage lights, special effects smoke, and a great sound system. I told Syn the songs that I wanted - which were 'Sidewinder' and 'Blinded In Chains.' It was maybe the best concert experience of my life because surprisingly enough, I had never seen A7X live! Me, Val, the MCR boys, Adam, my band-mates, and the even Vals freaking sister was there, and she was singing to the music and staring at Syn as if they were still together - she was the one that ruined their relationship, but at this point I am really glad that she did! Why was she even at my b-day party? The fourth of July party's over!

Once the guys were done with their set, we all applauded really loud for such a small amount of people and then they switched places with MCR - Syn came straight over to my side and Matt was on the other side of Val while the other three sat/stood behind us. During the entire two songs, Syn let me sit in his lap and I leaned my head against his chest while we quietly sang along to 'Helena.' I felt so safe in his arms, like anything bad that has ever happened to me in the past was erased and it was the greatest because this was the first time in a long time that I forgot about my nightmare. In fact, I don't think I've had it the entire time that I've lived here.

The way everything was right now, how I felt and the position that I was sitting in made me realize that I have the best seat in the house and hopefully it will stay that way forever - I couldn't imagine spending a day without these guys!