To Me You Are My Life, My Soul Companion

Falling Cake and Opening Presents

Once MCR was done we applauded really loud again and then the Rev yelled really loudly, "Time for cake!!!"

We all cheered and then there was a stampede to the patio where the cake was sitting. Syn tugged at my arm as we raced to the cake - and won! Once we got there and everyone was seated, 21 stick candles were lit on the massive marble cake with chocolate frosting.

I said, "Wow! You guys even know my favorite cake arrangements - impressive and thanks again. But, since you guys rocked out the happy birthday songs like three times now, I think it would be ok if I just blew out the candles and made a wish?"

Everyone agreed and counted to three as I took a deep breath and let it all out blowing out about 15 of the 21 candles. Syn helped with the rest. I wished for the first thing that popped into my head - just that Syn would ask me out some time in the near future so I don't have to wonder or guess anymore.

Since everyone was dying to get their hands on some cake, I quickly cut half of it up into squares and handed them out. We all ate the cake at the same time and there was a union of "Mmm's and oh's" because the cake was so good!

Once we were done and everyone was stuffed, there was still half of the cake left. I was beginning to put half of the half in the fridge because I really didn't think that the rest of us would eat the rest and when I got out, Zacky asked, "So what are we supposed to do with the left over left over cake?"

He was answered by a big chunk of cake 'falling from the sky' and onto his head. Everyone burst out into huge fits of laughter and Zacky turned around really fast to see who threw it.

"Ok, who's guilty?!"

Someone from the back said, "No one is...it fell from the sky. The cake just fell on your face."

We all laughed because Zacky looked really bewildered and then looked up at the starry sky saying, "Why, God? Why?"

We all laughed again and then we found out that Frank was the one who sent the piece flying and that, of course, resulted in a massive food - or cake - fight across Matt's spacious backyard.

Once everyone was all covered in frosting, I said, "Can I open my presents now? I'm dying to know what's under all that wrapping paper!"

Matt came to the middle of the group and announced, "Alright, Zacky you be the photographer and Rev get your camcorder. I can't wait to see your expressions, Sammie!"

The two boys grabbed their technology and Johnny screamed, "Ooh, open mine first Sammie!!!"

He was jumping up and down, probably drunk already, but it was so funny.

"Alright, Johnny, I'll open yours first!"

I found his present on top of the pile. It was a big bag with loads of tissue paper in it and if it wouldn't have been so heavy, I would have figured that it was empty. When I finally pulled the last few pieces out, all I saw was a black box with a death-bat on it.

"I just see a box..." I said confused, and hoping it wasn't one of those boxes where you open it and then there's a smaller one inside and it just keeps layering and layering. But, this one was way different. As I opened the lid to the box, expecting the worst, I was met with a gothic clown popping out of the box to a carnival like tune of 'Beast and the Harlot.' I let out a scream as everyone else laughed and made sure that the Rev got that on tape. He clutched the side of the table for support and gave a thumbs up.

"Uh, thanks Johnny...that was pretty funny!" I admitted.

Once he was done laughing, he said, "I knew you'd like it. It's one of a kind. The only A7X gothic Jack-In-The-Box is in your hands!!"

That made it a whole lot better and I gave him a big hug, whispering thanks again. "Alright whose gift next?" I anxiously questioned.

Jordan got me an Atreyu CD that I've been dying to listen to, Michael got me a pillow shaped like a monkey and some black and red flip flops. AJ got me some black arm-warmers with multicolored stars on them. And my brother, Adam, got me an A7X shirt - one that I actually didn't have before - and that was pretty funny.

"Thanks, a lot you guys!" I said as I hugged all my band mates and my brother.

"Alright, now who's present is next?" I asked.

Frank stepped forward with a big box, "Well, Sam, we got you a present from the entire band. Here ya go!"

I took the big box and tore off the paper quickly like a little kid at Christmas and revealed a black guitar with red blood splatters and various names of MCR songs written on them and signatures from all of the boys in the band. It was so amazing - MCR one of my favorite bands are celebrating my 21st b-day with me and now this awesome guitar! I screamed excitedly and gave everyone in the band a huge hug and said, "Oh my God, I don't know what to say you guys...this is so amazing, I...I can't believe it! Thanks so much!"

They were all glad to see that I loved it so much. Next, I opened The Rev's present, which was really funny; he got me these huge water guns, the kind that hurt when you get shot by them because they squirt water with such force and there was a note inside the box saying, "Now we can really play war the right way!"

"Damn right! Dude, we've got to try these out tonight- I haven't had a water gun this size in forever, thanks Rev!" We both laughed remembering the time from earlier today when he let out his girly scream.

After the Rev, I opened my present from Zacky, which was a G'N'R shirt that matches his with a note saying "My hero!" on the tag.

"I can't believe you would seriously remember that!" I said to Zacky.

"What? How could I not remember that - it was how we met, you know?"

"This is true, hey, now we can be twins if we wear these shirts on the same days! Ha, ha."

Next up was Val. "Ok, Sammie, now this picture was taken by Matt like a day after you got here, the day you and Syn fell asleep together. We totally took a bunch of pictures of you two, so we came up with this!"

She handed me a small box and I opened it revealing a gorgeous silver frame with true love written on the top of it and there was a picture of me and Syn in each other's arms, asleep, and smiling. I can't believe that we 'hated' each other so much when we first met.

I gave Val a hug and said, "Wow, this picture is so cute. Hey, Syn come here and look at this picture of us that day we fell asleep together!"

He ran over and looked and said, "Look how happy we look in that picture! I can't believe that I was such an ass to you when we first met, sorry!"

"No, it's ok - I wasn't exactly the nicest person ever, so no worries!"

He smiled and quickly hugged me while handing me another small box. I opened it to reveal a digital camera. I noticed that it was already turned on and I jokingly said, "Did you seriously use my present before you wrapped it?!"

"Yeah, yeah, just look at the pictures that we have in there!"

I rolled my eyes and looked - there were like 5 different hilarious pictures of Zacky and Syn and I was laughing so hard that I couldn't stand up! But, on the last picture, I saw that I was Syn making an adorable puppy dog face and holding a sign in his hands. It was kind of hard to read, so I zoomed in on it and the first thing it said was 'you may have to zoom to see this.'

Then it said, 'I know that we didn't get off on the right foot and all, but now that I think about it - you are the best thing that's ever happened to me. I hope by saying this and you accepting that this will be the greatest b-day gift ever - will you be my girlfriend?'

I almost dropped the camera - he asked me out! Val saw the look on my face and she knew what it said. I ran over to Syn and jumped into his arms wrapping my legs around his waist and kissing him while saying, "Yes, of course I will be your girlfriend!!"

He smiled and so did I and we kissed and of course Zacky took pictures of us with his camera and mine. Everyone clapped and cheered like they have been waiting for this moment for a really long time now, and Syn and I were the only ones who didn't see the connection from the start. Well, I guess that's kind of true, but who cares? We're together now and this is probably the best birthday that anyone could ever ask for. And it's about to get better.

"Alright, now that these two are finally together, I have to go get my present and bring him over here. Be right back!" Matt yelled.

Wait, did he say get 'him'? I wonder what he meant by that? He left through the fence door and ran down the street to a house a couple of houses down. He came back with...