To Me You Are My Life, My Soul Companion

Moving Out

FF a month to July 2

"What?! How could you do this to us? But this is our home! Yeah and where are we supposed to go, on the street so you can afford a freaking house in France?! Mom, I am calm. Where the hell are we supposed to go? But weve never even met them! Alright, whats his name and where does he live? Matthew Sanders? You're making me move in with a distant cousin named Matthew Sanders? You must be desperate! Alright, alright, I give. When do me and Adam have to be out? Tuesday? Fine. Oh yeah thanks for that mom, make me move in with a stranger less than a week before my birthday. Yeah, yeah. I love you too, bye."

I slammed the phone down on your desk. "Just great," I muttered.

Adam was out getting some food for dinner. By the way, Mark moved out recently with his new girlfriend, Julie. They are perfect for each other, and I must admit that it is a little nicer in the house without Mark there 24/7.

I heard the door down the hall slam open and shut and reluctantly trudged down the hall to tell Adam the bad news. As I walked down the hall, I thought Matt Sanders? That name seems like it should ring a bell, but I can't place it. Hmm, maybe I have heard him referred to before as a distant cousin? I shrugged and continued with my mission toward Adam.

He set the bag of take out Chinese food on the table and turned to me and smiled, "Oh, hey Sam! Hey the phone was busy, so I took the liberty of getting you some Pepper Steak, since I know that's what you usually get and all."

I faked a smile and he could tell something was wrong. "C'mon, Sam, what's the matter? Who was it that called?"

I swallowed hard and replied, "Um that was mom. Her and dad went to Europe, you know, and they fell in love with a mansion type house in France, and found the only way to pay for it completely is to sell this, our house, or as they call it, their vacation home. So, tomorrow we have to move to some random cousins house that lives a couple blocks over, Matthew Sanders."

Adam took all of that in and then shook his head in disbelief. "Well, I guess we have to pack tonight."

He gave me a comforting hug as he took his plate to the table. The meal was silent, just thinking to ourselves. This was going to be loads of fun, I thought with a lot of sarcasm.