To Me You Are My Life, My Soul Companion

Steak Never Tasted So Good

Around 3 o'clock, everyone started getting ready and I'm pretty sure that Syn knows that we're up to something that has to do with his birthday. While we were getting dressed in our room he said, "Oh, c'mon, Sam, can't you just give me one clue to where we are going, pllleasse?"

I laughed at his adorable little kid voice and said, "Sorry, babe, but there's a reason why it's called a surprise, so that you don't find out until we want you to find out."

He pretended to go cry in the corner, but that still didn't make me tell him, so eventually he just gave up asking.

We all piled into their black Escalade; Matt drove with Val sitting next to him; Synyster, Adam, and I sat in the middle row; Zacky, Michelle and the Rev sat in the back row while Johnny sat in the trunk. There were going to be a lot more people there that Val and Zacky invited because I still haven't even met half of the people that are going to be there anyway.

We were listening to Eighteen Visions and we were all singing along with the windows rolled down and on maximum volume, which I'm sure annoyed basically every person that had to drive next to or near us. Some of their faces or expressions were absolutely priceless.

As soon as we pulled into the parking lot, Synyster saw where we were and said, "Awesome, now I finally get to go to Longhorn! How did you know??"

Zacky rolled his eyes and said, "Because like 2 weeks ago that was all you would talk about, duh!"

Synyster laughed and said, "Oh, yeah!"

We walked into the restaurant and went right over to the bar area that was completely reserved for us. Everybody else was already there...the Berry's, Synyster's family, Matt's parents, some of the Rev's friends, Alex Varkatzas, James Hart, and my band-mates.

We all gathered around a huge table that took up most of the bar room and ordered a bunch of appetizers and then our dinners. All we did before the food came was talk about random things, as usual, and I got introduced to everyone else there that I didn't know, and they were all really nice.

Once all the food arrived, the Rev, who was sitting across from me was just staring at my plate, which had a Caesar salad on it and said in disbelief, "So, you come to a steak place and you get a fucking salad? Uh, please don't tell me you're a vegetarian!"

"Don't worry, dude, I'm not a vegetarian, I just don't like steak that much..."

Synyster joined the conversation by sticking a piece of his huge steak on my plate and said, "Just take one bite and I bet you'll love it!"

I stared down at the pinkish-brown piece of meat in front of me and figured, why not? I shoved it into my mouth with a lot of grilled onions to get rid of the taste and felt like I was chewing forever because the meat was so chewy.

So after about 10 minutes of chewing, I swallowed and tasted the remnants of the taste of grilled onion and steak sauce...and that actually didn't taste too bad. "Ok, that tasted pretty good, but I couldn't have any more."

Synyster put a shocked expression on his face and said, "How could you not have anymore?! I can't believe that the awesome steak taste hasn't worked its magic on you! Wow, I mean wow! I am really shocked...I don't know if I can handle that much rejection."

I laughed at how over-dramatic he was acting and looked at him confused saying, "Steak has magic?"

A couple of hours later, Syn and Matt's families left and that just left everyone else to do nothing but party at the bar, which we had all to ourselves. After one too many drinks, the Rev and Johnny got into a bar fight, which was pretty entertaining, especially when the Rev took Johnny's drink right out of his hands, and Johnny couldn't get it back because he's so short.

Rev said, "If you want your drink back so badly, fine, who am I to stand between you and your drink, right?" And then he spilled the whole glass on Johnny's head soaking him in alcohol.

Johnny was so pissed that he tried to attack the Rev quickly, but ended up getting some of the beer in his eyes, which caused them to burn and him to run around the room yelling, "My eyes are on fire! My eyes are on fire! Call the damn fireman!"

So, then Val splashed a liter of water in his face, calming him down and 'putting out the fire.' And then he fell to the ground, passed out.

The restaurant let us stay there till 11, closing time, and then we got kicked out. Since we forgot to assign a designated driver, Alex offered to drive us home since he came with James in the first place. So Alex drove, Zacky sat up front, the Rev sat in the back with Johnny sprawled across the floor and Matt and Val. In the back was Michelle, Synyster, and me...and don't even ask how that happened, because I don't know.

All I know is that it was awkward and I hated every minute of it because they were talking - but not just any regular talking, oh no, talking about their relationship, and some 'experiences' that they shared together, and she was leaning all over him for support saying, "Aw, I'm surprised that you haven't gone at it with her yet, babe. When we were together we did it almost twice everyday! How could you last so long without it?"

He laughed obnoxiously and said, "Please, we never had anything that was that good. I'll do it with Sam when we're both ready. But now we's gots to go find some place to drrrink!" A

lex shook his head and said, "No way, party boy you're going home because half the people in this car are passed out."

Synyster made a pouty face like a little kid and said, "Fine! But only cause I don't wanna drink alone."

I guess I must have been too out of it to yell at him right then and there, but then again it was his birthday... As odd as it seems, I think he realized that what he just did bothered me and said, "Hey, Sam, I love you."

My frown was erased and replaced with a smile as I heard the three words that I have been dying to hear from him before I ever knew him. We started to make out and the look on Michelle's face was priceless...two can play that game! The only thing that I wondered though, was did he really mean what he said...does he really love me?