To Me You Are My Life, My Soul Companion

Troubles in Paradise

Nothing exciting happened a couple of weeks after our birthdays. Michelle was still hanging around here, which sucked, and I'm beginning to think that she really doesn't have a home.

It was around midnight and after the past two days, I just wasn't in the mood to drink or party, since we've been doing it so much. So, while the boys went out to drink, I stayed at home and listened to a little Brand New and was instant messaging Mark. He and his girlfriend, Julie, were doing really good and he still didn't believe that I was really living with A7X or that I was dating Synyster Gates. I told him that they could come over some time since he doesn't believe me.

I looked at the clock on the bottom of my computer and saw it was 1 AM and still no one was home, so I decided to go over to Alex's house cause I was super bored and not one bit tired.

When I got there, he was still wide awake and the rest of Atreyu was over there too, which kind of surprised me. When Alex answered the door, I pulled him aside and whispered excitedly, "Why didn't you tell me the rest of your band would be here?!"

He laughed and said, "What, are you nervous?"

"Yeah, and maybe a little star-struck too?"

We both shared a laugh and he pulled me into the living room where Dan and Marc were fighting over which movie they were going to watch at one in the morning. Brandon was trying to get in between them while Travis was just sitting there laughing at them.

"Hey guys, meet our new next door neighbor!"

Brandon yelled, "We already know that Shads is our next door neighbor!"

Alex laughed a little and said, "Ok, well do you want to meet our neighbor's new roommate?"

This caught all of their attention and soon the whole band was looking at me. I wasn't just going to stand there and ruin this opportunity, so I nodded at Alex and went in between Marc and Dan to pick Matrix: Evolution out of the movie pile and said, "Hey guys, I'm Sam!"

Then I went over to Brandon and Travis to introduce myself and Brandon nervously explained, "Ah, sorry about the rude intro...sometimes Alex isn't obvious about what the hell he's talking about! Ha-ha, anyway, are you a fan of our band?"

"Hell yeah, I have all your CDs and I went to your concert when you were supposed to come with From First to Last, like a year ago..."

He nodded and then Alex said, "Alright now that we all know everyone...Dan go make us some popcorn!"

Dan nodded his head at first, thinking that Alex made somebody else go do it, but then his eyes got big and he whined, "Why meeeee?"

Alex just shrugged his shoulders and said, "Because you're the shortest?"

Everyone laughed and even Dan had to agree with that one. So we all squeezed onto the one massive black leather couch and watched the Matrix and I got to know the members of one of my favorite bands!

At that moment, I really felt like I was living in a dream and any minute now, I'd wake up at my parents' vacation home with Mark pouring cold water on me. Too bad I'm always right...

Right in the middle of the movie, as we were all really getting into it, there was a loud tire screech outside that indicated that the guys were home next door, but I wasn't planning on going back there now just because they're home...I mean if they can go out and have their fun, then I can have mine too! Well, apparently they didn't agree with me.

There was a loud knock at the door, so Alex sighed and went to go answer it because, as we all said, 'it was his house.' He opened the door and saw Synyster drunk as can be on the porch.

"Hey, dude, what's going on?" Alex greeted nonchalantly.

"Is Sam over here? She isn't at home..."

Alex was reluctant to answer, not sure if he should tell that I was here, but he did anyway. Syn pushed past him and turned the lights on in the TV room.

"Dude, what the hell?" Dan complained as he covered his eyes from the sudden light.

Syn stared right over at me and said, "Sam, c'mon we're going home now."

Although his actions and expressions kind of creeped me out, I wasn't just going to let him boss me around. "Why, babe, I want to finish the movie?"

He rolled his eyes and didn't even respond, just came over and lifted me up and said, "We'll talk to you guys later." I sadly waved goodbye to them as Alex shut the door behind us.

Once we began to walk back over to the house, he still didn't let go, which was really weird...it kind of reminded me of that night a couple years ago.

"Syn, c'mon, you're not being funny, let me go!"

Syn just shook his head no, so I took manners into my own hands and broke out of his grip, which apparently made him mad. So I backed up a little, until I ran into the door on the porch. He came up the stairs slowly and stealthily scaring the crap out of me.

"You know I don't like the fact that you were over there with all those guys. I don't want you being with anyone but me!"

"Oh, please, like there weren't any girls at the bar and like Michelle wasn't at the bar either right?!"

He smirked and said, "Maybe you're right, but it doesn't really matter, because I think to make up for it, we should relive some old memories..."

He slammed his fist right down into my face and then kicked my side and whispered, "That was for destroying our dreams."

Those words hit me like daggers as I looked up at him with tears in my eyes, seeing that same look on his face - he was Brian Haner from high school.

"It was you, wasn't it, Brian?"

He smirked seeing that I remembered and then said, "Well, took you long enough! How does it feel to fall in love with that one person that probably hurt you the most in your life? Pretty good, right?"

I growled and said, "Where is my brother or the others?"

Synyster put a look of fake shock on his face and said, "Oh, that's right, they aren't going to be coming back tonight, because they all wanted to crash at Val's but I thought I'd come home to surprise my girlfriend, and then I find her in a house with a bunch of guys!"

Another punch in the face, until I was knocked out and he dragged my body inside.

I woke up to the sound of someone's annoying laugh...Michelle's. I opened my eyes to see that I was in my bed instead of his bed and that kind of made me realize that unfortunately last night was not a dream and I really did find out that Synyster Gates was really Brian Haner. How could I be so stupid?!

I opened the door angrily to see Brian and Michelle making out leaning against the wall in the hallway. I burst out into tears and ran back into my room locking the door. He didn't even come in to try to defend himself...maybe that's because it was only 4 AM and he was still too drunk. But like some people say, the truth really does come out when you're drunk because you can't really control it.

He was actually laughing with her like he just heard a really funny joke. Well, I'll show him - I'll show all of them! I quickly took down my posters, took all my clothes, my guitar, and anything else that was mine in the room and shoved it in an empty cardboard box that I knew I was saving for something.

I tore down a picture of us together and ripped it down the middle leaving it on the floor. I took one of his guitars and smashed it through his stupid plasma TV and let all of my physical rage out. I grabbed my box, although it was heavy, and stormed out of the room.

As I was walking past them, they broke apart kissing and Michelle had the biggest smirk on her face. Brian was just staring at me, acting like he didn't care, so I made him care.

"Brian, I can tell that you don't know what's going on, so allow me to spell it out for you!" I slapped him as hard as I could across the face and yelled, "Fuck you!"

I ran out the door, to my Jeep and sped away as far as I could without a clue where to go.

All I know is that I never wanted to see any of those back-stabbers ever again, even if that includes my brother.

They're all dead to me.