To Me You Are My Life, My Soul Companion

Harsh Reality

All I saw was the highway along Hunnington Beach outside my windows. It was still only five in the morning and there was barely anyone around either walking or on the road. Sometimes, I would just randomly burst out into tears, but I would still try to hold it back. I just couldn't swallow the fact that I fell in love with the one person who ruined my life - who scarred me for the rest of my life, those nightmares! And everyone else in that house was part of that group and they're all just as much to blame.

I didn't know where I could go....I couldn't go to Mark's because that would be too obvious. I suddenly remembered that I had some cousins in Detroit - but that is so far away! But I guess that would be way better than California. So I made up my mind, I would take a road trip to Michigan and move in with my twin cousins Jeff and Janet. I haven't talked to them since high school, but I'm sure they won't mind seeing me again. This is the only way that I think I will be able to move on, and be sure that none of those assholes will ever be able to find me.

*Matt's POV*

I woke up to the smell of breakfast flowing through Val's apartment where pretty much everyone from the bar crashed for the night except Syn. He said something about going home early to surprise Sam or something like that. I'm sure that they had a great time together.

I grabbed a shirt off the floor and put it on and as I was about to walk out the door, I noticed Zacky and Jimmy sleeping really close to each other. I quickly grabbed the camera off the nightstand and sat on the edge of the bed waiting for them to wake up. After seriously only one minute, I decided to just take the picture and the flash caused them to slowly open their eyes and take in the surroundings...I hope they aren't hung-over.

They kind of smiled at each other, but then realized the situation and screamed, all while I fell off the bed laughing with tears in my eyes. They glared over at me and quickly spread apart. As I was leaving the room, I heard Jimmy whisper, "I won't tell if you don't,"

Zacky replied, "Dude, we're over! You're just a one night stand, sorry, but it's true..."

And then I heard Jimmy pretending to cry and that had to have been the best way to wake up in the morning. I snuck up behind Val and scared her as she was putting all the pancakes on the plates. "Hey! Don't sneak up on the chef, or else she won't make food for you guys!!"

I pouted my lower lip causing her to break her front and say, "Aw, that is so cute!" and then she shoved a plate of pancakes into my chest. Once we were all done eating, we all piled into the escalade and drove back home.

*Syn's POV*

After getting Sam back from next door, I gave her a piece of my mind and then she got knocked out, so I put her back on her bed and slammed the door. I was about to punch something or someone, until the doorbell rang. I went to go see who it was and saw that it was Michelle, the last person I expected to see at 3 AM.

Since I was really out of it, I didn't pick up on what I just did to Sam or the fact that I let Michelle lead me over to the couch and re-live old times. I was drunk, a little high, and horny so she was the answer, simple as that. It didn't even cross my mind that I was possibly throwing my life away - not once. I just kept sticking my tongue down Michelle's throat and we eventually made our way down the hall. As we took a short break to catch our breath, the door next to us flew open revealing a pissed off Sam. I just kept my smirk on my face as I saw her. She hardened her expression when she saw that there really was no expression on my face.

She said firmly, "Brian, I can tell that you don't know what's going on, so allow me to spell it out for you!" She paused for a minute and then she slapped me across the face hard! I was in shock that she would hit me...again, I didn't remember what I did earlier. Then she yelled, "Fuck you!" and ran out the door carrying a couple of boxes in her arms. I let her run away from me without a second thought, just went into my room with Michelle for round two not even noticing the damage Sam did to the room.

A very annoying loud buzzing noise erupted in my ear. I held my hands over my ears as I reached for the clock and slammed a fist down on it to shut it up. My head was throbbing throughout and I couldn't remember a thing from the past few hours. Suddenly, something moved next to me and I looked down expecting to see Sam, but was shocked to see Michelle.

Then all the events from last night flew into my mind adding to the migraine: me beating her up when I revealed that I was the one that beat her up in high school, having sex with Michelle, being hit by Sam and her running out of the house. I looked around at my room to see my favorite guitar slammed into the plasma TV, pictures of us together shredded all over the place, posters ripped off the walls, and then there was something else - there was blood all over the bathroom. Was that from me...or did she cut? Either answer scared the crap out of me because I was responsible either way and now I have no idea where she is, but hopefully she's at Val's. But as I looked over at her barren bed, I had a bad feeling that she wanted to be hidden from us, to never see us again, and I can't live like that!

"Morning, babe," Michelle greeted; I bet she enjoyed last night because I know she wasn't nearly as drunk as I was.

"You should leave," I stated not looking at her.

She tugged on my arm, "C'mon, Brian, don't you remember the amazing night we had last night?"

"Last night was anything but amazing. I'm not getting back with you, so get the hell out of my room!"

She growled lowly under her breath and stormed out of the room. As I looked at the shreds of pictures on the carpet I thought, what have I done?

*Matt's POV*

We arrived at the house a little later and all ran out of the car to go inside. "Lovebirds, we're home!" Zacky shouted with a smile on his face.

Something wasn't right; even with only two people here, this place is always loud, or at least alive.

"Hellloooo?" Jimmy said in a singsong voice. There was still no answer.

Val was the last one to walk in. "Where are Syn and Sam?" she questioned. She led us all down the hall to Syn's room. She knocked on the door. "Syn? Sam? Is anyone in there?"

Everyone stood quiet for a moment to hear what sounded like crying and crying can never really be good. She opened the door slowly and we were all shocked with what we saw. His room was totally destroyed and there was blood all over the sink in the bathroom.

"Syn, dude, what happened in here?" I asked with heavy concern in my voice.

He was the one who was actually crying. "She's....gone," he said as if he couldn't believe it.

Val sat down next to him and asked him if he could explain what happened, we were all dying to know. He took a deep breath and said, "Last night I was drunk out of my mind and came home to find that Sam was over at Alex's place and she was the only girl there, so I got a little pissed and when she asked if she could just finish the movie, I blew up and kinda spilled the fact that we were the ones who beat her up that night in high school, and then I beat her up again. Michelle came over and we, um, went at it and I didn't even care about Sammie. I don't know what the hell came over me! It was like I was possessed or something! I just let her walk right out the door driving to God knows where and I seriously don't know where she is! I have to get her back, I just can't live without her!"

He began to break down again, and I honestly have never seen the Synyster Gates cry like that. Hell, I've never seen him be so serious about a girl. But I've got to admit, I miss her already too.

Adam came out from the back of the group and walked over to Synyster and punched him right in the face. "You're the sons-of-a-bitches that did that to her?! Do you know how many nights she would scream in her sleep because she couldn't get that memory out of her head?"

I didn't see that one coming. Syn didn't even move or complain, like he felt that he deserved that.

"Look," I said, trying to calm everyone down, "We'll go out to look for her. Adam, you'll have to help us think of places that she would have gone. We will find her, so let's not beat each other up."

Somehow, I don't think I really lightened anyone's spirits....