To Me You Are My Life, My Soul Companion

Not Ready to Move On

It's funny how just one little music video can totally crush a person's weakly built inner strength. I feel like a completely different person...like I'm right back where I started when I first moved here. Sure, the fact that he hasn't been with any girls since I left is pretty impressive, but I'm too afraid of being hurt again, and I don't think I'll ever be able to forget what they did to me back in high school, even if they didn't mean it.

My cell phone was buzzing, meaning that I have a new concert notification. Yes, my phone is cool like that. I got out of bed to go check it out, and to my surprise, it was My Chemical Romance! "Oh, I'm definitely going to go see that!" I anxiously looked through my phonebook on my phone to find Gerard's number. If he was going to be in town soon, then I'd definitely want to hang out with him.

"Hello?" he said.

"Hey, Gerard, it's Sam, remember me?"

"Oh yeah, I haven't heard from you in forever what's up?"

"Nothing, really. I'm living in Michigan now."

"Michigan? Why did you guys move there?"

"It was just me...I kind of broke up with Syn."

"Really? That's terrible. But hey, did you know that we're playing a show there in a week?"

"Yeah, I was just about to go get tickets."

"Don't bother, I'll give you a couple exclusive tickets, ok?"

"That'd be amazing!"

"Anytime. Do you want to go get some coffee or something when we get there?" It was like he read my mind!

"Sure, that would be great! Give me the day and the time and we'll meet at the Starbucks downtown, so it's near the venue."

"Alright, how about Thursday, 4pm?"

"Awesome, I'll see you then!" I couldn't wait for next week to come - I need some more fun in my life.

*Gerard's POV*

"C'mon, Frank are you really gonna lose to Mikey?!" I asked with amusement while watching my brother and Frank play Guitar Hero 3. To all of our surprises, Mikey was actually winning.

"I don't wanna talk about it...cause I'm gonna win!" Frank said as he nailed a solo.

Suddenly, my cell phone went off. It was Sammie. I couldn't believe it! It turns out that she lives in Michigan now, and the best part is that she's single. We're gonna meet up at Starbucks in 6 days and I can't wait. I walked back into the room to see Mikey jumping up and down and Frank slouching in the corner.

"I take it Mikey won?" I asked with a big smile on my face.

Frank said, "Barely - like by 200! And why are you smiling? Who just called?"

"Do you remember Sammie, Syn's girlfriend, well, they broke up and now she lives in Michigan, which is our next gig. And we're set up to hang out the night before the show!"

Ray said, "That sounds great. It looks like you might have a chance with her after all, dude."

*Normal POV (FF to Thursday)*

"Are you sure you're not going on a date?" Janet asked skeptically as she watched me run back and forth across my room trying to find a certain pair of earrings.

I laughed, "Please, Jan, I just wanna find my earrings. And I don't even think I'm ready for a date right now..."

Janet was glad to see that I was happy, I guess, but there was something else - almost like she didn't want me to meet with Gerard at all, and I wonder why? I shrugged off the feeling and went to go meet Gerard.

I walked into the Starbucks and anxiously ordered my delicious Tall Mocha Frap. As I turned around with my drink, I found Gerard sitting over in the corner. I ran over to his table and he smiled and said, "Hey, Sammie, long time no see!"

I smiled back and sat down, occasionally sipping on my drink. We talked about pretty much anything random that we could think of and I think that we really got to know each other. It was all good, until he brought up the unthinkable - what happened between me and Syn.

I wanted to just say something like 'oh I don't really wanna talk about it...' but I just figured that if I'm ever going to get over him, then I'm gonna have to be able to talk about him... I said, "Oh, you know, he...cheated on me with his ex, Michelle? And I just was going through a hard time, with some family issues, and I just had to get away from it all."

He nodded his head and then put his hand on top of mine saying, "Don't worry, Sammie, I want you to know that I'll always be here for you..." Wait, does he think this was a date? Crap, that's not good.

I laughed nervously and said, "Wow, I really appreciate that Gerard. It's just that I don't think I'm ready to date anyone yet..."

His facial expression drastically changed and he pulled his hand back. "Even when you're not with him, no one else can be good enough for you? When are you going to learn to move on?"

I frowned, "Are you suggesting that I'm incapable of moving on...because if you are you're wrong about that. Just because I don't want to date someone right now, doesn't mean anything!"

I stood up abruptly and left with my drink. I can't believe what just happened. I drove home angrily, and now I actually found someone who was worse than Brian.

*Gerard's POV*

I knew that she still liked him, but I also knew that this might be my only chance to be with her. No matter what she says or does, everyone can tell that she wants to get back with Gates and obviously he wants to get back with her, but she's just looking for attention.

I scrolled through the names in my phonebook and found Michelle's name. It rang 3 times and then she answered. "Hey Michelle, it's Gerard. I've changed my mind. I want to get revenge this time for real." If I can't be with Sammie, then neither can Gates.