To Me You Are My Life, My Soul Companion

Everybody Deserves a Second Chance

Around midnight the band had to head back to the van because the venue was closing down and nearly all of the fans had gone home. "So, why don't you guys come check out our sweet ride?" Zacky suggested as he lead us out to the parking lot.

I've always kind of wanted to see what the inside of huge ass tour bus looks like, so that was the only reason why I decided to go with them. The only reason - I swear.

So we went to the bus that had the big white death-bat on the side and inside. Janet exclaimed, "Oh my God this is so freaking sweet!! It's even better on the inside."

Matt went to the back of the bus to make sure there would be enough room for all of us to fit. If I was really going to go through with this, then I'm going to make one point clear: "Matt, I swear if you make me share a bunk with anyone I will totally leave now!"

"I figured you'd say something like that, and lucky for you there are two spare bunks. . ."

Janet suddenly said, "I call one with Zacky!" and then once everyone looked at her, she turned a shade of bright red, but it seems that Zacky was totally fine with the outburst. It was so obvious that he liked her, and they've known each other for what, 20 minutes? Impressive.

Jeff said, "I take it that means that me and Sam get our own bunks? Sweetness!"

He ran to go pick his out before I could, which meant that I got the last available one, the one right above someone else's and I didn't even want to ask whose it was.

It was already 1 AM, and still the bus hasn't left. "Uh, shouldn't the bus be driving off to the next venue?" I asked.

Matt said, "We'll just have to wait for the driver and um. . .Syn. . .to get back."

Seriously, where was that guy? Not like I care, but I find it a bit unusual that I know he saw me in the crowd, and yet he's not here. Then again, if were "living" with them again, I guess he'll be thinking that he'll be seeing me all the time - well, not the way I see it.

Suddenly, there was a loud noise outside that sounded like an explosion. "What the hell was that?!" the Rev exclaimed as he fell out of his bunk from the scare.

Matt shrugged and said, "Let's go check it out!"

Val held onto his arm and said, concerned, "Are you sure thats such a good idea? There could be crazy stalker fans out there!"

Crazy stalker fans? Was she even serious. . .would people like that even do things that would sound like an explosion? My guess would be no. This seems so. . . weird.

We all ran outside and had to stop right away because Johnny tripped on the stairs and landed on top off Zacky. "Why the hell are you laying on top of me?!" Zacky demanded.

Johnny said, "Well. . .I fell down the stairs and you broke my fall! Thanks, I owe you one. Oh wait a minute, I bet you wish this was Janet on top of you, dontcha?"

Now this time Zacky turned red and Janet let out a nervous little laugh. These guys still haven't changed in all this time that I've been gone, I thought while smiling slightly.

We immediately got focused on finding the source of the explosion once we heard the sound again. I noticed that the only bus still in the lot was the A7X bus. What was going on here?

Then, the dark skies were lit with bright colors that almost looked like. . .fireworks?! Why was someone firing off fireworks in December? "Hey look at that!"

We all looked in the direction that Zacky was pointing in and I saw that the fireworks now spelled out something. It was kind of hard to read, but I was still able to make it out: Sam, please come back to me. I love you.

I stared at the sky in disbelief. Did he really just do that! Janet ran over to me and hugged me saying, "See? He does love you! If he wasn't serious, who would go through all this?"

I thought about what she said, and watched the colorful sparks fall from the sky. Then, my brother, aka the driver of the bus, came back over to us along with guess who. . .Synyster Gates. Actually, Syn was the one running and Adam was the one walking. He ran until he was right in front of me. Damn it, we just made eye contact.

"Um, hey Sam," he said kind of shyly. After all of this these past few months, I guess he must be really serious about all of this, so maybe I should give him another chance?

"Listen, I know that after all thats happened these past couple months it must be impossible for you to forgive me, but please just hear me out. My life has been completely incomplete without you. To me, you are my life. . .my soul companion. Please, now that you're back here, please don't leave me again. You don't know what it does to me!"

I couldn't even speak. . .I didn't know what to say, I really wasn't expecting that. And the worst part was that I think he was honestly serious, even if he did just use lyrics from 'Second Heartbeat.'

"I. . .I guess I can believe that. But, do you have any idea how much I was messed up from that night at the park?! I just can't get over that, I don't think. . ." He looked as if he already knew that I was going to say that and he was prepared.

"Sammie, I understand that what we all did, what happened that night, was completely wrong and believe me, if I could, then you know I would take it back. But, just hear this, we just got together as a band at that time and we really wanted to make it big you know. . . We went out and got drunk cause we were psyched. But then, you called Justin and he told you that we got the deal and then you guys started fighting over committing to the relationship or the band and then he was seriously considering choosing you over us, and because we would lose the deal if he wasn't with us, we just blamed you...and that was a mistake. We really didnt even know what we were doing when we did it. . ."

Somehow, that actually makes sense. And he looked so sincere about everything. . .and it did kind of correspond with that dream I had a couple of weeks ago. I began to cry, I guess from being emotionally stressed, and just ran into his arms. . .I needed a hug.

"I forgive you, Brian! I've gotta admit, though, my life wasn't the same without you and. . .I don't want to think about this anymore!"

I began sobbing into his shirt and he still held me in his arms and said, "You have no idea how long I've wanted to hear you say that. Sammie?"

"Huh?"

". . .I love you."

More tears came and I smiled and said, "I love you too!"

Suddenly, everyone (who were hiding behind the bus, obviously) came running out and Val was crying a little because she was so happy and everyone looked so happy. Of course, Zacky had his camera and was flashing a bunch of pictures . . .just like old times.

Then, small snowflakes began to fall from the sky and lights came on that were on the bus. "Wait, you guys have Christmas lights on your bus?" Janet asked.

The Rev shrugged, "Of course we do! Ahhh it's Christmas Eve!" he exclaimed.

We all laughed and walked back into the bus to drive back to a luxury hotel nearby. Apparently, we weren't going to spend Christmas on the road. Christmas truly is the best time of the year!