To Me You Are My Life, My Soul Companion

Just Like Old Times

That night, all of us girls fell asleep around the fireplace in sleeping bags. . .even though we did have beds in the other room. I mean, it was a sleepover after all. The next morning, all the guys woke up early and came running into our room.

Jimmy went straight for the bedrooms, not even seeing us lying on the floor and shouted, "Ahhhh the rooms are empty!! Where are they?!"

Zacky walked into the room, put a hand on Jimmy's back and said, "Uh, dude, they're in the other room."

Jimmy laughed nervously and said, "Well, I knew that. I was just trying to see if I could psych you guys out!" Zacky just shook his head and walked back into the other room.

Since I was the closest to where they were standing, Brian decided to come and basically sit down on top of me. I moved around a little under the sudden weight, but I was still asleep. I mumbled, "Mommy, I want some pancakes!" which caused all the guys to laugh.

I tried to roll over, but due to Brian's weight I couldn't really move. . .or breathe. I immediately opened my eyes and saw Brian on me and I let out a scream of surprise which caused him to roll off of me and start laughing.

"You should have seen your face!" he informed me.

I rolled my eyes and said, "That was so mean, dude! That's not how someone wants to wake up on Christmas morning."

The other girls woke up from the sudden sounds and jumped at the sight of their boyfriends in the room. Cassie looked up and said, "Wow, this is a surprise. . ."

Matt said, "We figured you guys would be up by now at least so we came in and you guys were still asleep! Oh, and Sammie, did you by any chance want some pancakes?"

I looked confused. . .how did he know what I was dreaming about? "Uh. . .yeah? How did you know?"

Everyone kind of laughed a little and Zacky explained, "Well, we knew because when Brian sat down on top of you, you mumbled something about wanting pancakes!"

I felt my face turn a little red, but I let it pass. I've done more embarrassing things anyway.

Melissa looked over at the Christmas tree and gasped, "Look at all those presents under the Christmas tree!" we all followed her stare and were shocked.

Presents were flowing from beneath the tree they were wrapped in all kinds of paper and all of the stockings were stuffed as well.

"How did all of that get there? I mean, I was up still at 3 AM and none of it was there!" Janet said.

I looked over at the guys and saw them laughing a little. Did they do all of this? No way, I mean it's Avenged Sevenfold, right?? I had to ask.

"You guys didn't do all of this, did you?"

Johnny said, "Hell yeah we did! What did you think we were doing all night?"

Jimmy added, "Yeah, didn't you noticed how quiet it was next door, I mean if we were here it would have been a madhouse."

Cassie laughed and said, "That's kind of true, now that you mention it."

Val asked, "So that might be true, but how did you get all of this?" she used her hands to gesture to the large size of gifts.

Matt said, "You know that's a funny story. . . "

*Matt's POV (last night)*

"Do you think it's safe to leave now?" Zacky whispered once we were each in our own hotel rooms.

I nodded, "Yeah, they'll probably never even notice. Let's go."

We all got in a rental car and sped off to the nearest 24 hour store, which happened to be a Wal-Mart. We all ran inside and since no one was there and it looked like the cashiers were thrilled to have a customer, we just kind of ran up and down the aisles picking out whatever we wanted.

As we headed to the check-out, Zacky looked over at the food aisle and said, "Wow, I'm really craving some potato salad right now!" he was now staring at the various containers of potato salad.

I looked at him weird and said, "Dude, who the hell eats potato salad when it's freezing and snowing outside in the middle of December?!"

"I do!" and with that, he bought 2 containers because he couldn't decided which flavor he would like better. When all was said and done, we had 3 full baskets of stuff to ring up and carry back to the car.

"I'm kinda surprised that all of that even fit in the trunk!" Brian said as he sat in the driver's seat.

"Uhh I wouldn't say that just yet," Johnny said.

He turned around and saw that some of the boxes were coming out of the trunk through the middle seat opening and kind of squishing the little guy. "Haha Johnny's getting smashed!" Jimmy declared.

"This isn't funny!" Johnny retaliated. We spent another 10 minutes forcing everything back into the trunk and driving back to the hotel.

While the rest of us were busy teaching ourselves how to wrap presents, Zacky was sitting over at the table chowing down on his potato salad in the other room. "You know what would make this interesting?" Jimmy asked. We all turned our attention to him as he continued. "Since we're going to be putting all of these in the other room when they go to bed, like Santa, I say we should make someone dress up in a Santa suit that I just so happen to have in my luggage."

"I'm sorry, did you just say that you carry a Santa suit around with you?! There's nothing weird about that. . ." I said as I laughed.

Brian said, "As weird as that little fact is, I think it's a good idea. An even better idea, though, would be to make Mr. Lazy over in the kitchen be the one to dress up."

We all unanimously agreed that Zacky would be the one. Once we were done wrapping the presents, we all walked into the kitchen just in time to hear Zacky let out this huge belch that lasted for at least 30 seconds. It was the grossest/coolest thing he's ever done.

"Hey guess what?" Johnny asked him.

Zacky looked skeptically at him before asking, "What?"

Jimmy answered, "You get to dress up as Santa and deliver the presents to the girls!"

Zacky's eyes got big and he said, "Hell no! I don't remember being a part of this discussion."

"Maybe that's because you were in here eating while the rest of us were wrapping," Brian pointed out.

Zacky could tell there was no way we were going to let him get out of it, so he put on Jimmy's spare Santa suit and put all of the presents in the other room. We were waiting outside the door and could hear everything he did. He tripped over the table as soon as he walked in so we opened the door a little to watch him, just in case something funny happened.

And as he bent down to lay out the last present, he farted like big time and he said, "Eww that damn potato salad! It always gives me gas"

So he was basically talking to himself in the dark and didn't know that we were watching, and then we all ran back to our room before he knew we were there and then we all collapsed on the floor laughing.

*Normal POV*

As soon as Matt finished the story, we were all dying from laughing so hard. I mean, I haven't laughed like this since, well since a long time. Anyway, the rest of the day was spent opening the incredible amount of presents and eating a turkey dinner, and going out and playing in the snow. That night, we all watched the classic Christmas movies and drank hot coca.

There was a pretty big couch in the living room, and we all somehow fit on there! It was so relaxing and just peaceful. . . yes, even Avenged Sevenfold can have peaceful evenings on Christmas!

We decided that tonight, we would sleep with our men instead of separately. I crawled into the large king sized bed and rested my head on Brian's chest.

"So, did you have a good Christmas?" he asked me.

"Probably the best I've ever had, all thanks to you guys. But I feel so terrible. . .you guys spent all that time and money on us, and I didn't get a gift for anybody!"

"It's ok Sam. Believe me, the best gift you could have ever given me was just to let me be with you again. I love you."