To Me You Are My Life, My Soul Companion

Well, That Went Well...

I turned and looked to my small, but cozy room. I could feel tears form in my eyes, but I held them back. Now that all the furniture was there and the walls were stripped of their posters the room looked so cold. I checked to make sure we have everything and then look once more at my house and then locked the door forever.

Everything fit into a pickup truck that Adam rented. He drove that over to the new location and I drove the Commander behind him, leaving Forest Hill Lane forever. We pulled up to a house that was tan and pretty big, much bigger than our little shack anyway. We cautiously pulled into the driveway and looked around, but no cars were there. I got out of the car and went over by Adam, leaning on the pickup. There was sorrow in his deep brown eyes.

He didn't look me in the eyes when he said, "I'm going to get a drink, I can't take thinking about this, so I guess I'll see you in a little while, ok?"

I was kind of surprised at his actions, but shook it off. I watched as he drove away in the Commander. He didn't even wave or say bye. I sighed and turned to the door. After knocking fifty times, ringing the doorbell, searching for a spare key, and looking around the backyard twice, I gave up and sat on the porch with my arms crossed over my chest. This is starting off on a great foot, I thought sarcastically.

It was 3:30 when I got there. I've been sitting in 90 degree weather with I don't even know how much sunburn and it is now 6:30. I turned my head from an uncomfortable position on my lap to turn in the direction of car lights.

"Finally," I sighed. I looked over, thinking it was Adam, but was mad to find five buff, drunk, tattooed guys stumble out of the car and look at me with the weirdest look on their faces.

The tall one, I recognized him to be the Rev, said, "Oh man, another obsessed fan found your house again, dude."

Although I loved all the guys of A7X, I was too pissed to care about that, which rarely happened. I just gave my biggest death glare at the Rev. The rest of the guys walked over to me when M Shadows asked, "Ok, what the hell are you doing on my porch?!"

I looked at him the same way I did with Rev and then replied, "Look, I don't want to be here anymore than you might want me, but I need to find some dude named Matthew Sanders cause he is going to be my new house owner. So, can you at least tell me where he is?"

Some of the guys in the back laughed and Shadows glared at them and blushed as he turned around, "Um that would be me. But just call me M Shadows, ok? Are you, um, um...?"

I took the pleasure of reminding him my name, "Sam? Yeah that's me. My brother Adam is staying too, but he went to a bar somewhere and I have been sitting here for 3 hours waiting for your lazy ass to get here!"

The guy from the back, wearing a hat and sunglasses, I recognized him as Synyster Gates, said, "That's not really any way to talk to your shelterer, is it?"

"Well, Syn, let's see how you would confront someone if you have sunburn all over and dying from the heat!" I shouted.

We were all still standing outside, so Zacky said, "Um, so if its so hot out here, then why are we all still standing outside?"

Matthew, or M Shadows, grabbed a key from his pocket and let everyone in. I didn't look anyone in the eye. This was not the way I wanted to meet Avenged Sevenfold, by any means.

Shadows came over to apologize, "Look, this kind of got off to a wrong start and since my band and I won't be touring for a while, well all be living here for a while, so we might as well live on good terms, ok?"

I just nodded; I was tired of making comments and come backs. I went outside and were followed by Matt and Zacky. Matt came to help out with my stuff, mostly just things to get me through the night, while Zacky came out to ask me, "Hey, have I seen you before? You look so familiar!"

I smiled and said, "Do you have that Guns N Roses shirt?"

He smiled back and said over excitedly, "Ha! I knew it! You're the chick from Hot Topic, my life saver!"

We both laughed and Matt looked really confused.

Zacky explained, "This is my life saver, the chick from Hot Topic who replaced my shirt!"

Matt smiled at Zacky's childness and told me to follow him upstairs. He showed me an empty room, well sort of. There was a bed, make that two beds in the room, along with a couch and plasma TV on the wall.

"Sorry, but you'll have to share a room. You'll be in here with Syn and your brother will share with me, I don't know. Maybe we can build some rooms in the basement, but this shit was so last minute that this is all that we could do."

I half smiled, half frowned, if that's even possible. On one hand, I was sharing a room with Synyster Gates and on the other hand, he was the one who was all Mr. Bad Attitude, but I guess that I might have deserved that, luckily I was calmer now. Except for wondering where Adam was.

I put some posters up around my area of the room. Posters like MCR, HIM, and other bands, including one A7X which was kind of funny to me. I pulled out some plaid pants and a black heart-a-gram tank and went into the bathroom to shower and change. While I was in there, I began to think about Adam more and more and actually became scared because we only drank with each other and not alone and he has been gone for so long. Once I was done, I put on my pjs.

I looked at a gash on my front side near my stomach, remains of that night. I quickly pulled the shirt down over it and thought of anything to forget about that too. I finished up in the bathroom and walked out to my new room. I pulled a HIM comforter and black silk sheets and pillows out of a duffle bag and put it on the bed. The half of the room that was mine started to look like home, and I was relieved. I laid down on the bed and my eyes slowly began to close when I heard arguing in the hallway which then entered the room and I felt eyes on me.

I reluctantly opened my eyes and saw Matt and Synyster staring at me. Then the fighting began again, this time Syn was saying, "Why the hell does she have to stay in my room?" He said this while giving me a nasty look when he said she.

I gave him the same look and said, "Well, first I didn't ask to move in here and second what is your problem with me? It's not like I've ever done anything to you!"

"Don't get involved in this conversation. It's for adults only!"

He pushed me back down on my bed with force. Matt said something that I couldn't really hear and Syn just rolled his eyes and said, "Whatever." Matt said good night to me and then shut the door. So, now between my brother's disappearance and Syn's freaking attitude I was depressed.

Syn plopped down on the couch without saying anything. He started typing something on his laptop and smirking in between each word that was typed. In a matter of minutes, Zacky came bursting through the door, catching me by surprise. I figured that it must have related to what Syn was typing. Great, just great. I bet he's planning something I thought to myself.

Zacky sat at the edge of my bed and said, "So do you still have that sunburn?" I nodded and then he asked, "Can I see it?"

I laughed and said, "You can see it fine, it's all over my face and arms, perv."

Zacky didn't really pay attention but nodded over at Syn and they both had an evil grin plastered on their face. Uh-oh. Syn sat next to Zacky and they both got a little closer to me. I backed away until I was up against the headboard when Syn asked, "Does it still hurt bad?"

"Uh, what do you think dumbass? And since when do you care about me?"

"Good. Oh, and name calling is bad. You have to be punished."

"What? Oh, shit you wouldn't!"

He smiled and so did Zacky who got on top of me to hold me down, but I saw that coming and tried to get up, but ran into Syn who pushed me back down on the bed for Zacky to hold me down this time. Syn whispered, "I would." And then he began to poke my sunburn arms up and down. I tried not to give in to his amusement in my pain, but it hurt so dang bad!

I cringed and said, "Whats wrong with you? Can't you see this hurts?"

He stopped for a minute and looked like he was sorry and then said, "Nothing's wrong with me, this is just punishment for you and entertainment for me. Ha-ha, you should see your face!"

He poked me harder now, and I couldn't do anything, except say "ow" and beg for Zacky to let go but he didn't. I kicked Zacky off with my free legs and attempted to get away, but was held tight but Synyster, who was purposely holding tightly on my arms.

He motioned for Zacky to grab a pillow and shoved it in my face. I managed to elbow him while he was laughing and grabbed a pillow and shoved it in his face. I tried to run for the door, but they were close behind and in a minute on top of me like a tackle to the floor. This was all like a big, stupid game to them and I hated it.

"Get the hell off of me!" I screamed.

But they just sat there. It took every muscle in my body to push them off, and when I did I was exhausted. They just went over to the couch and popped a movie in. They turned the lights out and I hit various things on the way to the door. They didn't even notice that I left. I could feel the warm, salty tears forming in my eyes and tried my hardest to hold them back. A few fell to the floor and I decided to wipe them away and walked to the living room where the other guys (Matt, Johnny, and the Rev) were.

I sat down next to Matt and he could tell that I was crying. Damn, I was so close

"Why were you crying?" he asked.

I thought maybe I should just push him away, but told him what happened anyway. "I don't know. Syn and Zacky just put me through sunburn hell and tackled me like a freaking quarterback and I don't know where Adam is!"

He replied, "Aw, don't worry about those two, they're just pranking retards. They do it to us all of the time, its just their stupid hobby, I guess. I don't know what to say about your brother, does he have a cell?"

I felt stupid why didn't I think of that? Stupid Zacky and Syn I nodded and said, "How could I not think of that? Thanks, Matt, I mean M Shadows I'll be right back!"

I ran out of the room, but didn't know where I was going. As a habit, I went to my room that I shared with Syn. I walked in and saw that they were watching The Nightmare before Christmas, I liked that movie. They were both taking up all of the space on the couch.

I walked over by them and asked, "Where am I supposed to sit?"

Syn replied, without removing his eyes from the TV, "Shh! Sit on the floor like a good doggy."

I pouted but did what he said, only because I wanted to watch the movie. Every few minutes, he would randomly kick me while he was moving around. I was tired of him for one day, so once the movie ended, I went over to my bed and prayed that they would leave. God answered my prayers.

Syn stood up and said, "We're going to get some beer, don't mess anything up in here, or I'll get you for it!"

"Oh, I'm sooo scared."

"You should be. You better watch your back."

Once the freaks were gone, I dialed Adam's number. After ten rings, I got the answer machine. This wasn't good. What bar did he go to? My thoughts were interrupted as my cell rang to 'The Last Sunrise' by Aiden. I jumped, but quickly answered it. "Um, hello?" I asked scared of possibilities.

It was a lady. She said, "Hello, miss. Are you Samantha Hartman?" I said yes and she continued, "Well, we wanted to inform you that your brother, Adam, was in a serious bar fight with a man earlier this day. Well, there aren't any MAJOR injuries; he has a bloody nose and a broken arm, so he should be able to leave tomorrow afternoon."

I couldn't say anything other than thank you and bye.