To Me You Are My Life, My Soul Companion

Grocery Day

*Normal POV June 21, 2008*

"Hey Brian. . ." I said as I kept trying to wake him up. He would just mumble something or roll over. "This is hopeless," I said to myself right as Val walked in.

"It's Grocery Day, and even Syn isn't up? That can't be a good sign. . ."

I laughed, "I know, he's usually the first on up too! Oh well, I guess we'll just have to leave without him."

"Don't you dare!" he shouted as he quickly jumped out of bed, catching both Val and me off guard.

"I swear, sometimes all you ever think about is food," Val said as she shook her head and laughed.

"There's nothing wrong with that. I'm just always hungry," he defended.

About 30 minutes later, we were all crammed into the black Escalade heading to the grocery store. We've kind of developed an annual Grocery Day where we all go to the store and buy a ton of food and then kind of cause some chaos in the process. The workers dread it whenever we show up, and of course the look on their faces is always priceless.

We pulled into the parking lot with the volume blarring and the windows down, because we like to share our music to the fellow drivers. Jimmy was the first one out and began to walk into the store. Jack, one of the bagger boys, was leaning against the wall having a smoke break, and his eyes got big as soon as he saw Jimmy racing for the entrance. He ran back inside, probably to go warn the manager of our arrival.

As soon as Brian got out of the car, I let him walk a couple of feet ahead of me before I yelled, "Piggy back ride!" and ran to jump on his back. And since he's so coordinated, he was able to catch me without either of us falling.

Once we were all inside the store, the manager, Bob, came on the speaker and said, "Attention shoppers, a group of devils has arrived at the store, please clear the aisles if you value your lives!"

Matt laughed, "Seriously, that guy calls us something new every week! I guess we better live up to our name then?"

We each grabbed a basket and since I was feeling lazy, I just sat inside Brian's. We stormed up and down each aisle, grabbing whatever food we wanted cookies, candy, yogurt, cheese, milk, chicken, shrimp, ice cream, canned tomatoes, soup, soda, beer. . .everything! Brian ran the fastest of them all and each time he would swerve around the aisles, I grabbed onto the basket, laughing and playfully screaming. I don't know why, but grocery shopping just became one of my favorite past times! We then went to the U-Scan because we had so much stuff and wanted to piss some people off.

Now, watching Jimmy and Zacky at a U-Scan is very entertaining. Zacky went first. "Please scan your items and place them in the bags," the machine directed.

Zacky pulled out a can of cashews and held it over the scanner. He slowly moved it back and forth, and it still wouldn't scan. "Please scan your item," the machine said.

So he did it a little faster, but still nothing. Finally, after exhausting himself out, he just simply held the can over the scanner and it scanned right away. The last thing in his basket, of course, was the beer. He lifted it off the bottom and held it over the scanner, and by now he had gotten used to the system. "Show your ID to the cashier," it said.

He looked over at the cashier, who was busy helping Matt scan his credit card the right way, so he tried to set down the box because it was getting heavy, but the machine said, "Show your ID," a couple of times, and then it started buzzing as if it didn't believe that Zacky was over 21.

Finally, the cashier came over and so he tried to pull out his wallet, while balancing the box because the thing would buzz every time he tried to set it down, and by the time he got out his ID, the cashier had already cleared him. "You're all set sir," she said with a smile.

He slowly turned around and looked like he was about to punch something as he set down his beer and paid. Now, with Jimmy, he had a problem with cash. "You're total is $102. 23. Select your method of payment."

So Jimmy got out a $100 bill and $3. He stuck the $100 in first, but right away it came right back out.

"Hey, don't you want to eat the money? I thought that you thought that money tasted good? Yummy money...eat the money?" he was actually saying that to the U-Scan, and when the money came back out, he said, "Fine! See if I care. I don't care if you starve!!" he shoved the money back in his pocket and used his credit card instead.

Then once the transaction was made, it said, "Have a nice day." He glared at the machine and said, "No, you have a nice day!" And that was basically the highlight of the day.