To Me You Are My Life, My Soul Companion

Our Time Is Running Out

*Brian's POV*

"Sam? Sammie?!" I continued to call out her name, even after she passed out. If Janet hadn't run over and checked for a pulse and everything, I probably would have thought she was dead.

"Somebody call an ambulance, quick!" I shouted as Matt whipped out his cell phone and dialed 9-1-1.

"Where did the shot come from?" Johnny asked once everyone had come over to where Sam and I were. I pointed over in the direction of the bushes.

Right away Zacky and Matt ran over there and they caught someone. . .it was Michelle! She was the one who shot Sam?!

She had attempted to make a run for it, but they easily caught up to her and actually tackled her to the ground. "Dammit, Gerard," she muttered under her breath. Wait, did Gerard help her with this?! What the hell was going on?

"What the hell is wrong with you, Michelle?!" Val screamed as she ran over to see that her own twin sister was the attempted murderer.

"I can't believe you, Val, taking that bitch's side over me, your own sister?"

Val laughed coldly and said, "How could I ever take a murderer's side?"

Within a matter of ten minutes, the ambulance and cops finally arrived. They handcuffed and arrested Michelle, who believe it or not, was still trying to play innocent. So, since she was such a good actress, they're going to have a court case in the near future. How could they not believe her?! All 10 of us saw her. . .and now there's a possibility that Gerard was involved too? This is just too crazy.

The paramedics ran out of the ambulance with a stretcher nearby. They lifted her up and strapped her down while inserting tubes and putting on an oxygen mask. "She'll be ok, right?" I asked, a nervous/anxious tone in my voice, as I jumped in the back of the ambulance with them and held onto Sam's hand.

The paramedic sighed, "To be perfectly honest, we won't really know for sure until we get to the hospital."

If there was even any doubt like that, then I know my fear of Sam dying on me was even more probable. The others all drove in Matt and Alex's cars behind us all the way. Upon reaching the hospital, the paramedics rushed the stretcher inside and straight to the ICU, or Intensive Care Unit.

For the longest time, all of us were forced to sit outside the room, with the door open. There were too many of us to all fit inside the room, and the doctors had to wait for her to regain consciousness, to ensure that she wasn't in a coma. The halls were eerily quiet and the only real noise(s) we would hear was the taunting beeping of the machines in the room that showed the up and down lines on the monitor or some nurses talking quietly in a room nearby. Why does this have to be happening to me again? It seems as if I just got her back and now this?!

No, wait, I can't even think like that. Sam is going to just fine and then we'll all go to that court case and make sure that crazy bitch Michelle gets locked up for good.

Around 4 AM, the hospital was virtually empty and all of us moved to the waiting room where the chairs were slightly more comfortable and we fell asleep. The doctor was nodding off in his chair until all of the sudden, a team of nurses ran into Sam's room. . .she was finally awake!

I wanted to run right in the room to make sure that she was ok, but of course they wouldn't let me in. They closed the door right on me, but they're so retarded I can still look through the damn windows.

*Normal POV*

"What the-?" I begin to question as I leaned forward to see why I was in a freaking hospital. Well, I got my answer as soon as sharp pain flew through my whole right side, and I remembered. . .I was shot.

"Miss, please sit back. We're going to have to do some procedures," a nurse said to me as she gathered supplies and placed them on a table near my head I mean, they were pointy scapel thingies that I didn't want going anywhere near me.

"Wh-what kind of procedures?" I asked nervously.

"Well, we need to locate the bullet to find out where it hit, remove it, and see if it is a fatal or treatable wound." I still didn't feel comfortable.

The doctor came in and briefly introduced himself, and then got right to work. He focused in on my right shoulder, the speculated location of the bullet. "Now, this may hurt a little, but I need you to bear with me, ok? It's extremely urgent that we remove the bullet."

I nodded my head, but I know that both of us knew I wasn't so assuring. He came closer with the tweezer-like tool and plunged into my shoulder. I let out a shrill scream of pain, but that didn't stop him at all. He kept sticking it in the tiny hole he created until he finally found the bullet. It was lodged in my lung.

"This could be bad," I heard him whisper to the nurses in the corner of the room. I know I wasn't meant to hear that, but it couldn't be helped.

He came back over with a clearly fake smile, and I looked away. Instead, I turned to look out the window and saw Brian leaning against it, asleep. "I want to see him!" I declared.

"Want to see who?" the doctor asked.

"Him," I said pointing to the window, "I want to see my fiance!"

He sent one of the nurses out to go wake Brian up and bring him inside. He ran over to me within a heartbeat and carefully wrapped his arms around me and into a hug. "You have no idea how worried I was," he told me as he moved some hair out of my face.

"I guess I make life pretty interesting, huh?" I asked while smiling a little.

"Ok, everyone, I have to tell you something," the doctor butted in. Brian sat down next to me, so the doctor continued, "You see, the bullet is lodged in your right lung, Samantha. It's a pretty risky move from here. . .you could leave the bullet in there, but then there's a good chance that that could lead to more holes in your lungs. The other option is removal by surgery."

"I'll take the surgery," I blurted without even considering the options. There was no way I was just going to let this thing lead me to a slow death.

"Are you sure, Sam?" Brian asked, shocked that I decided so quickly.

"Yes, I'm sure. I don't want to die, Brian," I told him firmly so he wouldn't ask anymore questions or try to trick me out of it.

"So, when can it be done?" I asked the doctor.

He looked down at his watch and said, "I can get a full staff up here in about 45 minutes." I nodded and watched as all the nurses and the doctor left the room. A

fter a few minutes of silence, Brian said, "Are you. . .scared?" To be honest, I hadn't exactly thought about it, and now I was kind of scared.

"Uh now that you mention it, I haven't had a surgery before."

He held onto my hand tightly and said, "Don't worry about it. Those doctors will have to get 20 security dudes on me before I'll leave your side." I laughed a little and then, I looked down at the once beautiful diamond ring that was now caked in blood. I had to know.

"Hey Brian, um, did you guys ever find out who. . .shot me?" His eyes kind of got big for a minute, like he wasn't really expecting me to ask so soon, but he knew that I had to know.

"Well, if you can believe this, it was Michelle, and she was saying something about Gerard."

"You're kidding me! She shot me?! Please tell me she's been arrested."

"Yeah, the po-po came and locked her up, but she 'put on such a good case' that we'll have to go to court over the whole damn matter."

I couldn't believe that that low-life, jealous bitch shot me she could have killed me! Although, I think that's what she was intending to do. I didn't expect that I'd ever have anyone want to kill me.

The doctor and his entire surgery staff arrived. Brian put up such a good fight, that they had to let him stay if I they ever expected to get started soon. They gave me something to knock me out and then began the surgery on my lung. I woke up about five hours later, and by then everyone had heard that I was awake and wanted to see me. "Oh thank God, you're alive Sam!" Janet yelled as she pushed past everyone and gave me a big hug.

"Of course I'm still alive, Jan. I wasn't going to just die like that. . ."

"Does it hurt, I mean now after the surgery and all?" Adam asked.

I shrugged, "I don't feel much right now, but I do have stitches!" I pulled my shirt down a little so they could see the long line of stitching marks along my shoulder and down to my ribcage.

No body wanted to leave the room, so we had some pizza delivered and basically had a little party in my hospital room. Jimmy had just said something really funny and I was laughing hard when suddenly, my breathing started to get ragged and I felt like I was choking. This was one of the symptoms that the doctor warned me about.

Everyone rushed to my side to help me, but all I had to do was reach for the inhaler and breathe for a couple of minutes. Jimmy looked the most scared out of all of them. He walked over to me and said, "I swear I will never tell a joke ever again!"

I laughed a little and said, "No, it wasn't your fault it was mine. Hey guys, do you think maybe you should go out for a little bit? I mean you've been in the hospital for 4 days straight! I'm ok now, so really go live a little."

Cassie said, "But what if something were to happen to you and we wouldn't be there?"

"It's alright," I assured, "I'm fine. I'm only talking about a couple of hours!" After 10 minutes, I finally got everyone to trust me and go out for a break.

Warm wind blew in my room from the open window nearby. I looked out at the sky and saw that it was a full moon and a lot of stars were out. And something was telling me that this could be my last time seeing them.

After everyone had left, I began to cough more and more until blood started to come up. Last time I checked, that wasn't a good sign. If I were to die right now, would I have lived a full life? I'm only 21, and yet I've done so much: I've graduated from college, been to tons of concerts, met a lot of bands, and I could have married my favorite guitar player. I could feel tears begin to form in my eyes. I really was scared. I didn't want to die yet.

And each time I thought that, the pain in my chest would grow and I would cough up more and more blood. I needed to see Brian one last time, even though I know I just sent all of them away. I reached for the help button on my table and instantly a nurse ran in.

"What's the matter, Sam?" she asked.

"Uh, could you please call up Brian. . .I need to see him, now."

She looked a little stunned once she realized what I meant and rushed toward the phone. You know how they say that your life passes before your eyes when you're about to die? Well I think that was happening to me now.

I remembered my first day at school in kindergarten and how the boy that sat next to me Alex Thomas would stick his fingers in glue or glitter and then eat it and how that grossed me out. I remembered other random events from grade school. I remembered playing football in the backyard with Adam and Mark all the time and how I would always beat them. I remembered going to high school, having my first kiss, going to parties, and getting my all-star job at Hot Topic.

I remembered how cool I felt when my parents let me and Adam move into the vacation home that was right by my college. And of course all of the events from living with Avenged Sevenfold poured into my head all the way up until last night when Brian purposed.

Once I opened my eyes again, I saw the hospital room again. I felt tears slowly start to roll down my cheeks. The odd thing was, I didn't have a memory of that night at the park play in my head. Could this mean that I'm finally past that? That I wont have nightmares anymore. . .that Brian saved me from that awful memory? More tears fell.

I could hear Brian's hurried footsteps echoing in the hallway. Please God, I don't want to die. Not now. I continued to pray mentally until Brian ran into my room.

"Sam!" he shouted in fear once he saw the blood coming out of my mouth and my deathly pale complexion. "No, no, no, Sam, you can't die on me! Please, don't leave me Sam!" Now it looked like he was about to cry too.

I gripped onto his hand. "Brian, I. . .I don't want to die either. But if I do, I want you to know something. You were the best thing that's ever happened to me. I know that might sound a little cliche, but it's so true. Even with what happened back in August when I ran away, I still loved you and that's why I couldn't move on, why I couldn't talk to you. Please don't ever forget me, Brian, I-I love you."

I don't know why, but I felt a little bit of relief after saying that. Now, it didn't feel like I was dying, but merely that I was falling asleep. My breaths began to shorten and blood continued to barely crawl up my throat and down my cheek and onto my neck.

"Don't go," Brian whispered. It was too late.

The doctors rushed into the room and I heard my own heart monitor began to go crazy with beeping. This was it.

"I love you, Brian," I said.

No matter what the doctors tried, it wouldn't work. I heard them begin to call the time of death at half past six. And then my heart monitor went flat with a long cruel beeeeeeeeeeeeep. My breathing stopped and my eyes closed. A sheet was placed over my body and my hand grew lifeless in Brian's hand. I was dead.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey everyone! I just wanted to let you know that this is not the last chapter. I think I'll upload the last 3 or 4 tomorrow or the next day...or I could just make you wait haha jk. Thanks for all the awesome comments! ^-^