To Me You Are My Life, My Soul Companion

I'm Not Dead!

*Normal POV (1 day later)*

Freezing cold air past over my body and I could feel my fingertips begin to twitch. A shiver went up and down my spine and suddenly, an immense gust of air flew into my lungs and I realized that I was involuntarily taking a deep breath.

The chilly air filled my lungs and the gust of air was so big that it made my chest heave a little because I hadn't breathed in a couple of hours, but it felt like days. Slowly, my eyes opened and I saw that I was in some kind of metal tunnel that was extremely narrow. A sheet was covering my lower body and something started itching near my ankle. I used my other foot to try and itch it, but I soon saw that there was some kind of tag strapped to my ankle that was bothering me. What the hell was that?

I propped myself up on my elbows just a little because the space was so limited. I squinted my eyes so I could read what it said and part of me had wished that I didn't. It was like a little death certificate. Wait, did I die? No, if I did die, then how am I alive right now? This doesn't seem like too much of any kind of afterlife.

Actually, now that I think about it, how was I able to hear my heart monitor flatten out or the doctor announce the time of death? How am I still alive?! And if I really was alive, but mistaken for dead, then I must be in a morgue! Oh. My. God. How the hell am I going to get out of here?!

"Help! Help! Can anyone hear me? I'm not dead!"

I continued to shout and bang on the walls of the tunnel, but all I heard in return was the echoes of my own pathetic voice. I began to hyperventilate because of where I was and how the space I was in was sealed and locked and I couldn't get out. I continued to scream until my voice started giving out. Here I am somehow alive again just to die in the morgue. And I still had no idea what was going on.

I'm not going to give up. I wouldn't stop banging my fist against the wall, even if I start to get a bruise or whatever, I'm not going to stop.

Hours later, my eyes were closed and I felt extremely thirsty I don't even remember the last time I drank some water. My fist was still banging on the walls. Someone would hear me eventually. And I was right. I couldn't hear much outside of these walls, but I did hear some clatter and yelling, I was going to be saved!

I heard the clinks of the gears in the handle opening and bright light flooded the tunnel. "Hello, Miss? Are you ok?" someone asked nervously. They probably thought I was some kind of zombie or something come back from the dead.

"Yeah, I think I'm fine," I said and then they pulled the tray out to see that I really was alive.

"Oh my God, how. . . how are you alive?" the guy asked.

I jumped out of the tunnel and said, "I really don't know, I mean I was pronounced dead and everything...I even remember hearing it. And for a while it really felt like I was sleeping without having any dreams for a whole day and then I just kind of woke up?"

"Alright, well, we'll have to get you to a room right away and do some check ups!" he said as he helped me get in a wheel chair, even though I'm pretty sure I could've walked on my own.

As he rushed me down the halls, I saw a phone and realized that I needed to call Brian and everyone! "Um, do you mind if I make a quick call?" I asked him. He told me that I could as soon as I was settled in a room.