To Me You Are My Life, My Soul Companion

Guitar Lessons With Synyster Gates

(The next day)

I heard your alarm ring next to my head and it was the last thing I wanted to hear. Let's just say that last night me and the guys went out to drink because I convinced them that I was 21, because hey in a day I really would be. I had one too many and had a major headache. I grabbed my alarm and threw it in the opposite direction with my eyes still closed. I didn't know that I threw it in the total direction of Syn coming out of the bathroom. It just missed him.

"Whoa! What the hell, Sam?!"

He continued to yell at me and the dent I made in the wall and I didn't want to hear it, so I pulled the spare pillow over my head blocking out his voice piercing through my ears. He stopped and noticed that I was trying to block him out, so he came over and pulled the pillow off.

"You know you could kill yourself like that?"

Then he saw I was shielding my ears with my hands and a look of pure pain twisting my face. He finally figured it out.

"Oh, so you have your first hangover? Let me make it a whole lot more memorable for you."

I was wondering what he meant by that, but soon found out when I heard Guns 'N Roses blarring from the stereo at seriously the loudest decibel on the volume button. I moved my head up to glare at him and complain, but moved too fast and felt a jolt of pain rush to my head, and had to hold my head while running past Syn playing air guitar to the song with a smirk on his face as I continued to hold my head searching for some Advil or something.

I made your way downstairs ready to hurt anyone who gets in my way. I saw that the only one down there is Rev. He looks up at me and says, "First hangover?" I nodded slowly and he pointed over to the cabinet closest to the sink saying, "Meds are over there."

I said thanks and took two Advils down with a big cup of water. I went over to the table where he was sitting and took a piece of his pop tart from his plate and ate it.

"So, what was that loud noise upstairs, it scared the shit out of me and I like that CD?"

"That was just Syn continuing on his mission to make my life a living hell."

He nodded and realized that I took some of his food, "Hey Sam! You took the rest of pop tart!" He made a sad face and then pretended to be really mad at me, but then couldn't hold it anymore.

"Aw, is Revey going cwy?"

"Revey? Where did that come from?"

I laughed and shrugged and then realized that my hangover was gone and told him, "Wow, either that Advil works extremely fast or you are the perfect remedy for hangovers!"

He laughed, "Hmm, I think that it was both!"

I agreed and then realized that today was the Fourth of July and feared what the guys might have on the to do list. "Hey, Rev, what are the plans for today?"

He looked at me funny and then said, "Why whatever do you mean? We are normal people you know, so what exactly do normal people do on the Fourth of July, I mean c'mon Sam!"

I blushed and apologized. He left to watch TV. I continued to stare out into the backyard, relieved that the hangover was gone.

Suddenly, I felt a pair of hands cover my eyes, followed by "Guess who?"

I laughed and tried to figure out the voice, and it clicked. "Hey, Johnny!"

He took his hands off and then me spun around and I saw a hurt look on his face

"What's the matter?"

"You weren't supposed to know it was me!"

He pouted and I had to laugh at how funny it was to see him so upset. I got out of my chair and gave him a big hug and asked, "There, do you feel better?"

He smiled and nodded and then skipped off to make some concoction out of the fridge. I got up and decided to pick out something to wear and do makeup and stuff. I ran up the stairs to my room and saw that luckily no one was in there, at last. I took out Syn's Guns 'N Roses CD and put in an Atreyu CD. Although I can't scream all that well, I still tried to sing along as I picked out my outfit - a short jean skirt and a black and gray A7X tank top. I moved the boombox into the bathroom so that I could hear it better and began to apply my makeup - red eyeshadow, black liner, and mascara. Next, I straightened my hair to show off my darker brown hair. I found the perfect studded belts for my skirt and then put on some black and pink striped socks. I was really happy with the results and turned the music down as I carried the boombox out with me.

When I got back in the room, I saw that Matt and Syn were playing each other in Guitar Hero, and Syn was kicking Matt's butt. Matt threw the play guitar controller down in defeat and looked over at me laughing and said, "Well, we thought either that you were going deaf in there or you died and couldn't turn the volume down!"

"For your information, I'm not deaf, I just like to rock out to loud music. That shouldn't really bother you guys though, especially Mr. Painmaker over there." I pointed over at Syn.

He smirked as he mocked me saying, "What, I just like to rock out to loud music!"

I threw a pillow over at him and then said, "You know what? Whatever, ok! Move over, I want to play too."

He looked at me weird and then moved over. I secretly loved to play Guitar Hero II and was really good at it. We decided to play 'Heart-Shaped Box' by Nirvana. I had to admit that I was nervous playing against him, and as much as I tried to hide it, he saw it and loved it. I continued to ignore his gestures trying to make me mess up, and even managed to tie it up when in the end, he beat me by 50 points.

"Ha! I beat you, who's the master?"

I didn't want to give to his winning so said, "Well, I would hope that you would be that good, considering you are a guitar player and all. Oh, and by the way you only beat me by 50 points, so that's not exactly a huge award-winning achievement, you know!"

He muttered, "Sore loser" under his breath but I just ignored it and went over to my bed to instant message on my laptop.

He turned the TV off and sat at the edge of my bed playing with the beads hanging off the edges. After hearing nothing but clicking and typing for five minutes, I cracked and said, "What do you want from me?!"

"What are you doing on that?" He pointed to my laptop.

"Well, maybe I am instant messaging with friends. Why do you care?"

He said "Oh" and looked kind of hurt/confused like he's glad that he was bothering me and yet confused as to why he cared about what I was doing and then hurt because I yelled at him. I decided to sign off and maybe do something with him.

"Hey, um, Syn?"

"What?!"

"Ok, I guess that I might deserve that, but I was wondering if you could help me, um, play the solo on Bat Country cause I have been playing that song forever and there is always that one part that I can never get down?"

He looked at me kind of surprised and then said, "So, you want to learn from the master?"

I rolled my eyes, "Yes, just don't make this some big thing, ok? I just want to nail it like you do."

He smiled, "That almost sounded like you're respecting my work."

I playfully shoved him, "Yeah well don't get used to it, ok?"

He shrugged and dragged me downstairs so that I can utilize the amps and guitars. There must have been at least 10 guitars down there! I swore that I didn't see those when the band came over on Saturday.

Once us two got everything setup, he said, "Ok, well you can pick out whichever one you want to use except my custom one over there." He pointed over at his blue striped one that he always uses with SYN on the fret board.

I kind of had a weird look on my face, he saw it and said, "Um, what are you waiting for? There are like 10 great guitars over there! Pick one before I leave and go get a beer or something."

I snapped out of it at his last comment and said, "Well, it's just those were so not there when my band came to practice last Saturday!"

I really didn't want him to leave, which was weird, but I still went over and picked out a white guitar with some marks on it and Syn's name on the back. He walked over to see which one I picked and said, "Oh, good choice. That was one of my first ones. By the way, these were always here, it's just the cabinet doors were closed last time."

I felt like an idiot when I saw the doors that must have recently been pulled back. I replied, "Oh, ok definitely did not see that there last time, so don't even think about laughing at me!"

I saw he was laughing a little and hit him again, although he didn't really feel that on his huge arm. I can't believe I didn't even see that there! Geez, he must think that I'm a real idiot now. Wait - why do I care what he thinks about me? Screw it, I think I'm falling for him again!

Syn's POV

She was like amazed when she saw my collection of guitars; did she not see the cabinet door was closed last time she was down here? I explained the situation to her and she looked kind of embarrassed. Why would she be embarrassed around me? I thought that she hates my guts, or maybe she doesn't...I mean why else would she ask me to help her learn one of my solos? It doesn't really matter cause I promised myself that I will never go for a real relationship after what that whore Michelle did to me - never!

I cooled down and sat on the couch with a guitar in hand. We both tuned our guitars and then she came over and sat next to me. There it was again, that feeling like I want to get close to her, but have to remind myself to do otherwise or else my heart will just be broken again.

Once we both had our guitars tuned, I asked her, "So where exactly did you want to start off?"

She thought for a minute and then a smile crept across her face as she did an imitation of the solo right after the second chorus with her mouth. It was pretty funny. I laughed along with her and then she said, "Um, sorry about that, but I was serious when I said that I couldn't nail that part!"

"Yeah, it's alright. I think I know which one you're talking about - the one right after the second chorus?"

She nodded and smiled at me, a real smile instead of a glare or smirk that us two tend to give each other. I actually returned it before I could even think about it. I played the section a few times at different speeds so that she could see what it looks like. She then tried to mimic my moves, but she definitely could not play that fast. There had to be another way to teach her, she did have potential in my eyes. I pulled my arm around her to move her fingers to where they should be and just worked on her finger movement for a few minutes and the whole time I could have sworn that I saw her blushing with my arms around her. Does she really like me?!

Normal POV

He put his arm around me to show where my fingers should play. I swore that I just blushed ten shades of red. Could it be that I was falling for the arrogant and conceited Synyster Gates? I really didn't know for sure, but all I did know was that he was a rockstar that could have any girl he wants, and most likely, in my eyes, that wasn't me. But still, I really couldn't complain, I mean Synyster Gates was teaching me his guitar solo with his arm around me, let's just say that's as good as it can get in my situation.

I continued back and forth with him trying every method that he knew to teach me that part. Within an hour and a half, I nailed it perfectly after trying for a good half of year.

"That was amazing!" I said thinking out loud.

Syn tilted his head and looked at me funny and I said, "Oh, sorry I was just thinking how long I have been working on that song and now in one hour you somehow managed to teach it to me, it's weird. Maybe you are an ok guitarist..."

He smirked and questioned, "Only an 'ok guitarist'? I think you better take that back."

"Or you'll what? Prank me for telling the truth?"

That was a little too much for him. Since his arm was still around me, he held me below him as he gave me a series of nasty Indian rug burns. "Hmm, I think I'll keep this up until you stop lying and be decent and tell the truth."

Through cries of pain I managed, "Are..you..calling..me...a.. liar?!"

He continued his deed and got in my face saying, "That's exactly what I am calling you...besides you could at least be nice to me since I wasted an hour down here teaching you how to play my solo!"

After merciless burn after burn, I gave in and admitted, "Alright, fine you're a great guitar player, ok?"

He smiled a smile of satisfaction as he collapsed on top of me like before. I thought How many times am I going to be in this position?!

We were both beat from the session so once again, without realizing it, I fell asleep with him on top of me, but not crushing me like before. I felt like I was in a dream; one that I had to make sure would never end. I loved Synyster Gates.