Sequel: Swimmers Story

My 3 Dedications And Me

I Said Leave It

3 weeks of being made aware her and Michael were no longer friends was starting to wear thin on her patience with him when he was growing snappier with her at training. She'd not spent any time with him in the last 3 weeks outside the pool or gym and she wasn't going to admit it to the world but she missed him.

"Michael can I talk to you?" she called as he walked off and he looked at her "About this, yes. About anything else, no" he state and she groaned. "Fine, have a nice day then" she smiled and he walked off, it was difficult for her. She'd grown up in the pool almost and had sacrificed huge amounts of time with friends for that, she never felt anything badly towards her old friends when they moved away and got on with their lives and she did sometimes talk to them. Her old work friends were nice and she saw them still but she couldn't talk about swimming with them, they thought she was weird when she went swimming as much as she did when she still worked.

She'd been at the pool an hour and he'd not turned up yet, she was about to get out and ring him when the door slammed. "I'll ring you later, I've got to go! I'm at the pool! Don't come down here, I can't talk when I'm here okay!" a bounce growled and she knew it was him, Dolly figured it wasn't a good time to point out his lack of timekeeping talents and just waited for him to talk.

30 minutes later the door opened again and she heard heels on the floors and looked to see the figure of Heather. "Mick I came to support you" her sickly sweet voice called out and he turned "Heather! What are you doing here? I said don't come down here" he snapped. "Well you came down to swim and I thought I'd come watch you" "Heather I said no! You can't just do that!" he argued and she pouted at him "Aww Mick don't say that! I thought you had taken my advice!" "Advice that's not advice! You told me to start swimming again! I never stopped" he said as Dolly kept to the far end of the pool so she wouldn't be seen as much.

"Well start competing again! Imagine it Mick! Back swimming for medals and getting invites to all those places! I can wear my expensive dresses and show off with you! Think of it all again" she explained and he scoffed "I don't swim for that! I don't want to compete! Anyway you complain I'm down here too much as it is, if I started competing you'd be lucky to have me home for more than 20 minutes before you went to bed" he yelled and she glared at him.

"How much more time could you spend down here?" "I'm not training! If I was I'd be at the gym until late, you have no clue do you? You think this shit's easy? It's not! I'm getting old Heather" he argued at her. "Getting old! You're like 29, the money and success is worth it!" "I'll be 30 in a matter of months! Do you understand this? My body can't take this anymore, I spent hours in the pool and nowadays my body can't take that. This is so difficult and I can't put my body through it again, I don't need to" he growled at her and she shook her head.

"But you were good at it" "I still am! I could out swim most people still, I'm just not in the training I was! I train everyday because it's what I do, it's who I am but I know I'm past my best and I won't ruin my legacy for that. I want to be remembered as the best not as the guy who was once good but got shitty! I don't care about medals and money anymore! I have what I have and I'm happy there! If you want some guy who's going to be famous and roll in the money you're wrong being with me. I don't want that anymore, I want to teach kids and help. I don't want to be at premieres and stuff, I don't even like eating out for dinner. You like all that and I don't" he admitted.

"Mick I just want you to be happy" "I am happy here, I'm happy right there I'd I'm being honest" he said pointing to the water and she scowled at him. "Look I'm busy Heather. Go home and I'll see you for dinner later like I planned" he called walking off from her and she huffed before walking off.

He turned even more sour with her that day and she sighed as she walked out from the changing rooms to see him driving out. She opened the door and walked in to someone dropping her bag, "Ergh I'm sorry!" she mumbled as a hand passed her the bag. "Hey Dorothy right? It's Mike remember?" the smiling guy asked and she nodded "Thanks and yes I remember. Raining day? Kind of like today really! But I'm sorry I wasn't really looking where I was going" she admitted and he nodded.

They spoke for awhile before she felt like she should leave seeing as she'd been stood there ages with him. "Dorothy I was thinking and I know you said last time you couldn't go out. Do you have a boyfriend?" "Oh no nothing like that" she smiled and he nodded. "Well maybe we could go out for dinner then? Nothing serious, just 2 people getting dinner?" he quizzed and she sighed. "Okay then" she answered and he smiled arranging to meet her tonight.