Sequel: Swimmers Story

My 3 Dedications And Me

This Is Awkward

They sat down for dinner and were talking when a couple walked past and the girl smiled at her, "Dorothy! Hi, how are you? I've not seen you in awhile! Here was me thinking you'd gone on holiday or something and here you are. Oh are you on a date?" the pretty figure of Heather asked her and she smiled standing up as Heather motioned her towards her kissing both her cheeks and Dolly tried not to show her annoyance. "This isn't a date as such" "Oh that's just impolite, I'm sure this is a date. Single girl like yourself and a vey attractive young man like you, well done Dorothy. Are you going to introduce us?" she asked pushing her blonde hair out her eyes.

"Heather this is Mike, Mike this is Heather" "It's lovely to meet you! Dorothy here has never mentioned you before, been keeping her all to herself!" Heather chatted away "Oh this is the first time we've gone out" Mike corrected her and she nodded. "Mick look who it is!" Heather grinned and the guy she was with tensed and Dolly knew Michael wanted to not acknowledge Dolly at all.

"Dorothy got herself a date! Mike meet my boyfriend Michael Phelps! The swimmer, you know with all the medals. Most successful..." "Heather we've met before and he knows who I am. You don't have to introduce me to everyone like that!" Michael snapped at her and she looked at him glaring. "Hi, it's nice to meet you again" Mike held out his hand and Michael shook it "You never told me Dorothy had a date!" "I never knew, doesn't tell me much. Including the truth" Michael scolded looking at Dolly who groaned inwardly.

"Anyway come on, bye!" Michael stated walking off and dragging Heather behind him. "So you know Michael Phelps now?" Mike asked and she nodded "I knew him before, confession time I was winding him up that day" "You know him! That's insane! What's he really like?" he questioned before keeping Michael as the conversation most of the night.

She sighed walking out the parking lot, she leant up the wall in the cold air. She jumped in her car kicking her shoes off before starting the engine and driving down the road to see Michael walking in the rain. She pulled up opening the window, "Do you want a lift?" she asked and he looked at her and she smiled "Promise I won't even open my mouth if that's what you want from me" she offered and he opened the door getting in.