Sequel: Swimmers Story

My 3 Dedications And Me

Take Your Mind Away

She stretched up her joints cracking before leaving the house, she saw a figure leant up the wall "Hey Dolphin! Let's go" he smiled and she nodded walking at his side. "So did your dads team do good?" "Yeah, they won so they've been unbeaten all season so far" she replied and he nodded. "You know you look so different when your not in swimming stuff, a good different. You know" he offered and she smiled. "Thank you Mikey. But thanks for this, I feel a dickhead for unloading on you sometimes" "Well it's cool, like I said open minds and all that but tonight we agreed no talking about all this" he reassured as they got nearer to the aquarium.

Dolly's parents had rung 3 days ago to say her mother was having surgery on her foot and Michael had noticed her suffering and offered to take (well more like dragged) her out. They walked in to the darkness, tonight was a special night time opening and they'd dimmed the lights for effect although Dolly knew she'd trip over atleast once because of it. "You know I used to love this place as a kid, fish fascinate me" she admitted as Michael nodded "Life is simple to them, the water seems to make them weightless almost" he replied as she smiled.

"I used to imagine I was a fish when I was racing, and I'd label people as certain fish so I knew who to watch out for" she mumbled and he laughed "You used to make me laugh, you would swim so hard all the time. There was never a relaxing swim with you, I liked that about you. I knew you meant it" he offered as she watched the fish at his side. "How's your sister?" "She's good, she's taking mum swimming with dolphins! I told her she didn't need to I'd throw her in with you cheap enough" he teased and she laughed.

"You know dolphins were never one of my favourite animals. I was more fascinated with rays, they move so well through the water. It's like they make the water move for them" she explained and he nodded. "It was always sharks, although those nemo fish are funky" "Funky? You loser! They're called clown fish" she laughed as they carried on walking.

"I remember your dad telling us that you laid down on the floor in here once staring at the fish before throwing a tantrum" he joked and she nodded. "So remember when you told Heather you wanted to work with kids, did you mean it?" "Yeah! I want to teach kids, I want to teach them to swim. To help them learn" he explained and she smiled as he watched a small shark swim past. "You'll be good at it, you're good with kids. Well I always remember you being fun when I was younger. A bully sometimes but fun as well! I would love to teach swimming, to see kids learn something like that and show them how to swim. To give people what they gave me" she replied and he nodded. "But right now you're my priority, maybe when we stop this we can talk about doing that business venture together. God knows I'd need a sharp mind with money and who better than you" he said and she nodded.

They spent forever walking around the aquarium watching the fish, they walked out in to the rain and she smiled as Michael danced around the puddles not wanting to get wet. "Oh Mickey you don't melt!" she stated pushing him in one and he laughed at her "Yeah but it's a long walk home when you're wet!" "Oh my poor baby! Man up!" she mocked and he grinned at her, Michael may have grown and filled out his frame. He'd grown in to his feet and his arms and legs but that grin hadn't changed one bit, he was still that guy that loved to have a laugh and she could remember how that grin meant he was truly happy and having a laugh.

He stumbled over a step and she burst out laughing "Oh shut up clutz! You nearly fell on your face 3 times tonight, graceful in the water you may be but on land not so much" he teased and she laughed. They reached her house and she offered to let him stay but he declined "I want you getting enough sleep tonight for your meet tomorrow, I'll pick you up at midday and we'll drive down so be ready" he warned and she nodded saluting him making him laugh.

He turned to leave and she grabbed him throwing her arms around his neck, "That thing we can't talk about tonight? Well honestly thank you, I'm sorry I was a bitch to start with but I'm just a dickhead sometimes! You are great and thank you" she explained and he smiled squeezing her back. "I deserved it and that's what friends are for Dolly, kids like us have to stick together okay? Nothing's ever too much, I told you this before. Now go and get some sleep otherwise we're wasting time, night. Sleep well and heavily" he smiled letting her go and she replied shutting the door as he left.