Sequel: Swimmers Story

My 3 Dedications And Me

Friendly Advice And Tips To Help You Win

It was the last training session before the Olympics started and Dolly was starting to feel pressure, Michael watched her like a hawk as she disappeared under the water in the diving pool. "What you doing? Oh you watching Dorothy? Weird training idea right? Must work though!" Ryan muttered sitting at his side. "What?" "Her coach has her doing like depth training, she gets in there and swims downwards. Seems ridiculous to me but I saw her free swimming the other day and she holds her breath a long time!" Ryan explained as Michael nodded.

She reappeared later and walked over to them, "You know that has to be the weirdest training method I've ever seen" Ryan smiled at her making room for her to sit down at his side. She picked his hat up putting it on and he laughed at her, "Michael not gonna lie, I was gutted you weren't swimming with me anymore but this ones a right laugh" Ryan explained as Dolly smiled at him. He slung his arm around her neck "She's having a tough time though aren't you kid, but I'm playing tougher older brother and looking after the newbie! Anyway my coach is back so I'm off to do some swimming, play nicely!" Ryan warned walking off and Michael watched him.

"What trouble are you having?" Michael quizzed his eyes set on Ryan "Nothing, I'm totally fine. Just me and a girl aren't getting along but she isn't in the call room with me and therefore can't get at me. Don't worry" Dolly reassured but Michael looked at her not having any of it.

"I'm fine!" "Yes well you have issues you tell me from now on!" he scolded quietly "Mikey it wasn't an issue I told him about, she did it and she wasn't pleasant in front of him and he got himself involved. I'm fine!" she reasoned and he nodded looking back at Ryan. "People are watching so you should go, I want to see you swimming your IM practise lengths and then back to drilling them" he stated and she stood up as he did "Shake my hand, them guys over there keep watching us" "What?" Dolly said confused. "Shake my hand, it looks formal. They'll think we're just chatting normally, lots of people have spoken to me and do it so just do it" he ordered holding his hand out and she shook it before walking off.

She watched Ryan turn before diving in the pool and doing her practise and she climbed out stretching again as she saw Ryan bent forward stretching touching his toes. She walked behind him and leant over him knowing his coach had left "You'll never get a decent start from that position" she said quietly and he laughed. "You know this is a rather dangerous position you've put yourself in, I can claim you're harassing me. Sexual harassment in the workplace" he teased as she stood back up and she winked at him making him laugh.

He threw his arms around her waist hugging her "You know kid, maybe you won't accept my advances but you're a decent girl" he said letting her go. "Ryan can I ask you a question?" "You just did! No what?" he smiled and she shook her head. "I've been watching you swim and well I'm not so good at backstroke, you are so I was wondering...you have any advice?" she asked and he laughed.

"If I'm honest I have been dying to tell you where you're going wrong! You won't get pissed if I tell you?" "Hell no! Teach me things" she smiled diving in the pool and he nodded following her as the pool slowly emptied off. "Your turns are great that's not an issue, you pull after you break the surface. Try pulling as your still underwater, it helps massively for me. Here watch" he offered and she swam up the pool a bit and he started pulling once he'd broken and then going back and pulling whilst underwater on his first and she nodded.

"It seems so small but it's a huge help, especially for you. You go a long way underwater so you don't have to come up early so utilise that" he instructed and she swam towards the wall in fly before trying what he'd said and he nodded. "You do that and you'll make up a few points of a second, " he explained and she smiled at him.

"That's maybe why you struggle, your muscles aren't meant for it. Now your fly is good, any tips?" he quizzed and she nodded. "Relax! You're too tense, you don't like fly and it's obvious. You've trained for it and you can't do anymore then that, so relax" "Great so I offer actual ideas and criticism and you offer 'relax'!" he complained.

"Fine, I breathe every stroke. I was taught to swim breathing every 3 strokes, you do the same. Lower it, try breathing every 2. It'll make a difference for you but try it and get familiar with it before trying it in a race because if you don't you'll screw it up and throw the race" she instructed and he nodded trying it and he shrugged. "Seems to make no difference" "In 25 meters it won't, in 100 or 50 it will!" she reasoned and he nodded as they climbed out the pool together.

"So what are you doing tonight?" "Dude are you watching the opening ceremony?" Michael shouted over "Er Jeah! You going?" "Nah" Michael answered watching Dolly stretch and warm down. "What? First opening ceremony chance and you're not going?" "I'd go if I could but I'll just record it and watch it later on or something" Dolly inputted.

"You think?" "Yeah! Enjoy it, you've not got any work to do or a race to sleep for so go!" Dolly stated and Michael shrugged. "I might when you put it like that" "Good boy! Now you, I'm watching it for a bit in my room so you should come down and watch it with me. I'm recording it so we can watch it until bedtime and then we can catch up later" Ryan offered and she nodded. "I'd say it's a date but you'd only get the wrong idea!" she teased as he laughed.