Sequel: Swimmers Story

My 3 Dedications And Me

Opening Ceremony

She sat on the bed in Ryan's room waiting for the ceremony to start when she grabbed her phone and Ryan grinned, "Boyfriend?" "Not got one!" she answered as she read the text 'Ring them! Mom's all ready, don't you let Mr. Lochte keep you up! 'Swimmers that rest are the best' as your dad used to say! I'll see you tomorrow Phin and keep your head! Mikey xxxxxx' she groaned. 'Just about to and I'm sat in his room now! We've set the alarm and everything. Have a good time and try enjoy yourself for once ;) Night, Dolly xxxx' she replied before staring at her phone.

"I'm going to ring my parents so mouth shut Ryan!" she warned and he nodded as he texted away. The phone rang a couple times before her dad answered "Hey dad! What ya doing?" she quizzed and he answered her. She waited before springing it, "So dad I know you've finished at college for the year so I kind of have a confession to make. You and momma need to pack and rest tonight, pack clothes for the heat though! And set your alarms for like 12pm because someone's coming to pick you up" she explained.

"I'm not drunk! Look I got tickets to go to the Olympics but I can't get time off work. It was meant to be a surprise! I was going to fly over to you and surprise you but works swamped and I can't get away, so momma and you will have to go without me!" she lied and her dad refused. "Dad I spent a lot of money on these as a thank you for letting me get at my trust fund! I've been saving up especially, I can't cancel them now! I've booked your taxi's, flights, hotel and everything! I had to sell my ticket to a friend I met in a cafe the other weekend, she's going to meet you on the 29th outside your hotel at a certain time and give you your tickets" she added and her dad sighed.

"It won't be the same without you Dorothy!" he mumbled "I know but I'll be there sat next to you in spirit! I want to hear all about it and see pictures! I honestly can't remember what I got tickets for, it was basketball I think. Yeah basketball, if they had lacrosse is have got you them but I thought its be like old time you trying to explain basketball to mom and I" she laughed and he chuckled. "Maybe it's a good thing you're not coming then! Well we'll miss you and we'll ring when we get there! I still don't really believe you but thank you Dorothy! It'll be nice for your mother to get out, she's with her friends next door at the minute but we'll ring you" he explained.

"You'll have to text me because I'm working long shifts and the boss is being tight. He caught Simeon ye other day and fired them ad I can't afford to lose this job! Anyway I have to go, love you both!" she finished hanging up and Ryan laughed. "Dorothy Phoenix you bad girl!" he scolded and she laughed, "Where do they live?" "Somewhere very familiar to you! My dad works as a lacrosse coach for the gators" she stated and he looked at her. "No way! Brendan Phoenix is your dad?" "Yeah, how do you know who he is?" she quizzed worried, she was getting by on the fact nobody knew who she was anymore.

"Old dorm buddy's cousin is on the lacross team, we went to watch them last season I think" he explained and she nodded "Well yeah, that's my dad! Anyway it's starting so ssh!" she ordered and he sat staring at the TV until the alarm went off and she headed back to her room.